Holland | Whats the new acct's Ikeep hearing about?

jjincks

TB Lurker
Credits
I keep hearing just wait things are going to get crazy when a new national acct. kicks in. Anyone have any ideas, I've heard something about hauling mail.

harrisburg is suppose to be picking up the border book acct there saying 30 loads a day we'll see the keep putting off the start date

We at indy have a big borders distribution account. Borders is supposed to be moving the distribution center east so that could be where it's going We don't move quite 30 loads a day but it's 15 or 20 2 or 3 times a week.

jjincks said:
I keep hearing just wait things are going to get crazy when a new national acct. kicks in. Anyone have any ideas, I've heard something about hauling mail.
someone mentioned (can't remember if it was zolars or not) in last months conferance call about working on something with the post office. can't remember if it was to haul mail or not. you can probably go to yrcw.com and still listen to the call though.

nightowl said:
someone mentioned (can't remember if it was zolars or not) in last months conferance call about working on something with the post office. can't remember if it was to haul mail or not. you can probably go to yrcw.com and still listen to the call though.

Overall the call was worth the listen, but not for that. It is brought up almost at the end of the Q&A, and then Zollars gives a vague one or two sentence answer about some sort of partial consolidation product. I wonder how this can work for us, the USPS has a completely different outlook toward inclement weather than we do. They are still using the chain up and go plan, oh and if you don't have chains just go anyway. By the way, did you catch all the stuff about interlining amongst the carriers that YRCW owns? Sounds vaguely familiar . . .

i was at hu today and they had yellow trailers in there yard about 5 and the roadway term in parkersburg or whatever the town is on rt7 had about 4 holland trailers wonder whats up?

Yep!! Big things are coming! This had been a ongoing statement for the last 5 months, so far I have seen nothing dramatic happening. The lastest statement was made 2 weeks ago in a conversation with the linehall supervisor about the hiring mode we are in. He stated in 2 weeks, we will be begging for a day off,(which will be tomorrow) when the new bids take effect. So knowing they would never tell me a story, I took friday night off to get my lawn and cars cleaned up, and now am ready for the big storm of freight moving our way. :BS:

HOT4GM said:
i was at hu today and they had yellow trailers in there yard about 5 and the roadway term in parkersburg or whatever the town is on rt7 had about 4 holland trailers wonder whats up?

HU used to interline points in W.VA. with a company called tri cities. They had a terminal in parkersburg. Maybe they are using Roadway and Yellow to delv. this area now.

And maybe Yellow is using Holland in Gallapolis to delv. some freight, Who knows!!!

Cruzer said:
Yep!! Big things are coming! This had been a ongoing statement for the last 5 months, so far I have seen nothing dramatic happening. The lastest statement was made 2 weeks ago in a conversation with the linehall supervisor about the hiring mode we are in. He stated in 2 weeks, we will be begging for a day off,(which will be tomorrow) when the new bids take effect. So knowing they would never tell me a story, I took friday night off to get my lawn and cars cleaned up, and now am ready for the big storm of freight moving our way. :BS:
:duh: Big announcement coming next month just ask Dirtball :biglaugh: he always has the inside info:biglaugh:.....CRAZY

Hey any word yet on what the big news is? I did hear last week that Bestway was going to have big meeting this past Sunday! Maybe we can find out what went down!

Johnboy, guess what, USF is hauling mail. But , listen to this. One of our dock hands told me today that there is a 10,000 thousand dollar late charge per pallet. Your mail will not be late...... This acct is something like 6 million a year. GRIZZ

Its mail, but junk mail. It is for a company that sends out adds for Kohls or Marshal Fields 36 hour sales. I cant remember there name though. I am sure we will se more on it in the next few days. It sounds like we ship it to the post office.

Wow JUNK MAIL.. Will all I can say is it better high dollars to pull this freight and not just be fill freight and only break even at the end of the day!

usfcloser said:
Its mail, but junk mail. It is for a company that sends out adds for Kohls or Marshal Fields 36 hour sales. I cant remember there name though. I am sure we will se more on it in the next few days. It sounds like we ship it to the post office.
Sounds like either Donnley or Quebecore ( not sure if I spelled this correctly) I used to pull their freight.If thats the case get used to appointments.It is good paying freight and they do pay on time..

I was at our Detroit term. tues. morning, saw a notice on the board about this. The company name is Haute, it's newspaper inserts, it started on Monday 5/8/06.

I'm in Detroit today and I will try and get a copy of this paperwork your talking about Lawman.. Then maybe I can post it on here so everyone can read!
Sharkey

This is ancient history, but the company I worked for (Willig) hauled the same freight out of a company called Merced Color Press in Merced CA. Good freight and lots of it but it had to be there on time. Lots of liftgate deliveries too if my memory serves me right.

Willig kid