What's the skinny on this job?

Big Joe, its usually very steady, this is our slow time of year now that school is out, still, every one works, I can only speak of my local, union or not its tough work, alot of endurance is required to do this job, it has its perks though.

I would put a thread up in the General foodservice forum Joe, you will get a ton more feedback from guys that have been doing the job for a long time.

Best of luck!!!

Ok thanks. It's really not me looking at it. I've got a neighbor pulling containers and he hates it. He found the ad. and asked me at a ballgame what I thought.
I told him I didn't know anything about groceries, but I'd try to find out something.
I reckon he applied last Friday. He's a young and fit so the physical part of the job should be no problem.

Ok thanks. It's really not me looking at it. I've got a neighbor pulling containers and he hates it. He found the ad. and asked me at a ballgame what I thought.
I told him I didn't know anything about groceries, but I'd try to find out something.
I reckon he applied last Friday. He's a young and fit so the physical part of the job should be no problem.

He would probably like it, young and fit, he has half of it whooped, the other half is purely mental.

Phantom 309 said:

Tell him to look at the guys who ate doing it now and that work there. Are they limping around? Do they move freely or look like a zombie hobbling around?

Seriously, the work I do tea/ice cream, breaks your body down and its visable. I walk leaning forward now half bent over. I catch myself in the mirror from time to time and it depresses me.

Young and fit is probably what they want because the guys who are broken are gone and the guy to fat to tie his shoes gets the sweetheart deals. Imho

it sucks, like any other foodservice place, but its a big paycheck with nice benefits, and its steady....

My job didn't suck tonight, I tripped to Norman with 2 42' empties, got down there had to wait about 30 min and pulled 2 36' back and done, started at 1730, clocked out at 0045, thats only because I hooked all our drivers trucks up to their trailers..yea I know, I'm a swell guy, I figure they had to work on the holiday, that was my gift to them.

If I shuttle tomorrow it will be 2 trips and I'll be lucky to get off by 0530, I'm gonna like it though.