What's the story?

Anyone with insults directed at Ward should get their info straight. I work for UPSF (Overnite) now, but about 5 years ago I finished up 7 years of pulling a flatbed for Ward Truckload Express, plus I transfered to the LTL side in Harmarville,Pa for about 6 months but it was too far to travel so I went back to the Flatbed side. Ward was one of the best non-union companies I ever worked for and the only reason I left was because I didn't care for the ops mgr. on the Trkld Express side. It's a very good company to work for and access to the Ward family with a problem was great. The bennies were very good and teh pay also, but I see the pay has increased a bit since I left. Almost to Union scale without the hassle.

Anyone with insults directed at Ward should get their info straight. I work for UPSF (Overnite) now, but about 5 years ago I finished up 7 years of pulling a flatbed for Ward Truckload Express, plus I transfered to the LTL side in Harmarville,Pa for about 6 months but it was too far to travel so I went back to the Flatbed side. Ward was one of the best non-union companies I ever worked for and the only reason I left was because I didn't care for the ops mgr. on the Trkld Express side. It's a very good company to work for and access to the Ward family with a problem was great. The bennies were very good and teh pay also, but I see the pay has increased a bit since I left. Almost to Union scale without the hassle.

if it was that great i wouldn't have let him bother me.........

you work for usf holland ,sorry about you're bad luck ,think yellow will sell,spin,close you by xmas,wise guy:smilie_132:

yeah, I hope they sell us or close us, it is hunting season so I can use the time off.....Oh yeah by the way........when you guys get sold in the next couple months because your a family company just sit back and relax. The people that will be taking over will make your backside hurt. And you guys will all be sitting there saying wow we didnt see that coming......you do know you guys are for sale dont you:1036316054:

I heard rumblings that YRC/New Penn folks were in Altoona PA this week............truth or now.........a rumor has some merit......where that is takes research and time.

ward

A friend of mine just put in some applications around town and Ward was one of them. I dont know to much about their pay and benefits,or the work enviroment. The trucks I see on the road look good. Just curious what the starting pay and top scale are,and do the city drivers work the dock? Is this a good company to work for?

I know a guy who just started for them in philly.His first full week grossed around 1,400.They started him at top rate 23.85 hr.:1036316054:

so what you guys are trying to say that WARD is going out?seems to me they are trying to expand i seen one of there driver"s in chesapeake,va thursday first time ever seen a ward truck .........

interesting, didn't know they had a flat bed division oh well you learn something every day. oh and by the way why don't you go tell that late guy he doesn't have to load his own freight, see how much he laughs at you