FedEx Freight | what's the verdict in cgt

FedEx doesn't determine the GDP raise. Three different outside sources do and then FedEx looks at the data ,determines the average of the three, then gives the raise accordingly. Previously they only used one company. Bringing in the other two gave raises to 50 more centers which is a good direction to be going in my opinion. They also will be revisiting that data quarterly instead of yearly to make any necessary changes. At least that's how it was explained to us....
It takes 3 different companies? Why not just look at your competitors website?

They love to waist money then say can you pay more for insurance. All they have to do is look on here drivers have done the work for them!!!!

FedEx doesn't determine the GDP raise. Three different outside sources do and then FedEx looks at the data ,determines the average of the three, then gives the raise accordingly. Previously they only used one company. Bringing in the other two gave raises to 50 more centers which is a good direction to be going in my opinion. They also will be revisiting that data quarterly instead of yearly to make any necessary changes. At least that's how it was explained to us....

Fed ex still had the final say who got it.

I'll have to give you credit for being one of very few pro-union guys who understand that as long as petitions are being filed, the company can't do anything as far as company wide changes go...guys like CT and others have been crying about lack of changes for months but they failed to understand the company's hands were tied with these petitions....or they knew and we're just trying to fuel the fire with untrue accusations, which is probably more accurate.
I'll agree, now is the time for the changes that the company spoke of to come to fruition, guess we'll see.

Well you could always post a link to prove us all wrong that the company can't make changes while there is a petition filed.

Ya thats the answer walk away from a job that i have many years at that was once a job every one wanted " "american freight"

I'll have to give you credit for being one of very few pro-union guys who understand that as long as petitions are being filed, the company can't do anything as far as company wide changes go...guys like CT and others have been crying about lack of changes for months but they failed to understand the company's hands were tied with these petitions....or they knew and we're just trying to fuel the fire with untrue accusations, which is probably more accurate.
I'll agree, now is the time for the changes that the company spoke of to come to fruition, guess we'll see.
Gee ConJob made changes while there were terminals waiting to vote, wonder why Freddie cant?

Ya thats the answer walk away from a job that i have many years at that was once a job every one wanted " "american freight"

Mud, I work alongside lot's of folks who pine for the days of "Viking". Viking is dead and gone. AF is dead and gone. Watkins is dead and gone. It's all FedEx now. If it's really that bad, find a better job; thus proving them wrong. Can't find one? perhaps its not as bad as you claim. I have a friend who was fired by FedEx 10 years ago. Since then, he's been fired by 5 other companies. He claims he's not the problem. Sure, I'll buy that for a dollar.

He's the problem. He doesn't know what he wants. He hates every boss he has. He's just plain unhappy in life, and won't likely ever be. Someday he'll grow up and become an adult with reasonable expectations of his employer, and in the process hopefully quit being a drama queen.

Just a thought...as for the drama queens...ABF and YRC are hiring. Lots of drama over there...especially about how the union fails their members.

ST

many drivers have proven that places that didnt get the gdp have a higher cost of living than centers that
got the raise.
So the reason we here is no turn over we can replace you.
That is total disrepect to the drivers at them centers
Cost of living is just one variable when accumulating the data used to make this decision. To go squarely by COL would be inaccurate since most people live beyond their means anyways. If you used COL only, almost everybody in an area would be considered poor.
To go squarely by average income for an area wouldn't be right either but it does paint a more accurate picture. To compare our profession to janitors and brain surgeons isn't apples to apples either but when you compare our competitors wages to the average income, you'll find we're not that far off.
Even when you compare $23.68 to $25.08, we're only talking $3K a year BEFORE taxes...is it really that much to complain about?

Most people **** away 3K a year buying crap they don't need, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't know!

Cost of living is just one variable when accumulating the data used to make this decision. To go squarely by COL would be inaccurate since most people live beyond their means anyways. If you used COL only, almost everybody in an area would be considered poor.
To go squarely by average income for an area wouldn't be right either but it does paint a more accurate picture. To compare our profession to janitors and brain surgeons isn't apples to apples either but when you compare our competitors wages to the average income, you'll find we're not that far off.
Even when you compare $23.68 to $25.08, we're only talking $3K a year BEFORE taxes...is it really that much to complain about?

Most people **** away 3K a year buying crap they don't need, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't know!
It's not that complicated, if con job,Estes and OD are paying more, than you need a raise. Seeing how you don't think 3 grand isn't much how about donating it to the charity of your choice.

It's not that complicated, if con job,Estes and OD are paying more, than you need a raise. Seeing how you don't think 3 grand isn't much how about donating it to the charity of your choice.
I don't feel I NEED a raise, I'm content with where I'm at. If the company wants to GIVE me one, then I'll gladly accept!
We donate more than that every year, do you?