FedEx Freight | what's the verdict in cgt

remember red im also loosing long term in my so called company retirement my 401 all the componding interest im loosing alot being on the bottom pay scale.
Wish you could see this for what it is and stop trying to yustify it for the company.
Stand up for your fellow driver.
Cost of living is just one variable when accumulating the data used to make this decision. To go squarely by COL would be inaccurate since most people live beyond their means anyways. If you used COL only, almost everybody in an area would be considered poor.
To go squarely by average income for an area wouldn't be right either but it does paint a more accurate picture. To compare our profession to janitors and brain surgeons isn't apples to apples either but when you compare our competitors wages to the average income, you'll find we're not that far off.
Even when you compare $23.68 to $25.08, we're only talking $3K a year BEFORE taxes...is it really that much to complain about?

Most people **** away 3K a year buying crap they don't need, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't know!

remember red im also loosing long term in my so called company retirement my 401 all the componding interest im loosing alot being on the bottom pay scale.
Wish you could see this for what it is and stop trying to yustify it for the company.
Stand up for your fellow driver.
You obviously don't realize that we were just bumped up just a couple years ago, we've always been on the bottom. With that being said, other than the hit we took in 2008, my 401K looks GREAT, the money I lost I've made back 3 times over!

Not talking about 2008 im talking about poor company decisions that afect alot of people that should be treated equal with co workers not 4 different pay scales.

Not talking about 2008 im talking about poor company decisions that afect alot of people that should be treated equal with co workers not 4 different pay scales.
I don't agree with the different pay scales either but it is what it is. We're currently at the 3rd from the top outta 4 scales, we were 4th until a couple years ago is my point. Do I like it, no...am I going to whine about it, no...I understand that there's a lot more people out there that would love to have the wages and bennies that I currently enjoy. Could they be better, yes...they can always be better....even the guys at UPS want more, it's human nature...am I willing to support and pay somebody to "try" to get me something better, no...although we're 3rd from the top I'm happy with what I've got...I don't care what others have!

Even when you compare $23.68 to $25.08, we're only talking $3K a year BEFORE taxes...is it really that much to complain about?

Most people **** away 3K a year buying crap they don't need, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't know!

Couple things. That "only 3k" you speak of would put many closer (but not above) the competition. Also, since we have been and continue to be under this deficit, we loose ground every day.

How might most people "**** away" that 3 grand, Red?

Family vacation at a beach house, or a cabin in the mountains?
http://www.resortvacationproperties.com/rvp/vacation-rentals/property-search/catalogsearch.php
http://www.eaglesridge.com/pigeon-forge-cabins/all-cabins

Maybe some Racetrack time on a motorcycle?
https://www.sportbiketracktime.com/index.php?route=information/schedule

Maybe a dirtbike for the Grandson?
http://powersports.honda.com/2016/crf50f.aspx

Also the charitable part of the equation... I prefer animal rescues/shelters.

Funny thing, Red... That is all stuff that used to be affordable... Much less so today, in my area/location.

I don't agree with the different pay scales either but it is what it is. We're currently at the 3rd from the top outta 4 scales, we were 4th until a couple years ago is my point. Do I like it, no...am I going to whine about it, no...I understand that there's a lot more people out there that would love to have the wages and bennies that I currently enjoy. Could they be better, yes...they can always be better....even the guys at UPS want more, it's human nature...am I willing to support and pay somebody to "try" to get me something better, no...although we're 3rd from the top I'm happy with what I've got...I don't care what others have!
This is one great post. It shows acceptance of the things you can't change. Attitude is everything. You can believe that fighting for change is a good thing and in some ways it is. But not in this case IMO .... The union will never have the leverage they once had in this market. They are fighting a losing battle. And eventually they will get tired and walk away. This market has changed and will never allow an outside force again to tell them how to run their business. In this competitive market it would most certainly hurt the bottom line. Speak about how unfair it is for these executives compensation to be so high all you want. It won't change a thing. Maybe you should have went on to college and made yourself more marketable ... The market is what it is and all the crying in the world won't change a thing.

Last edited:
Mud, I work alongside lot's of folks who pine for the days of "Viking". Viking is dead and gone. AF is dead and gone. Watkins is dead and gone. It's all FedEx now. If it's really that bad, find a better job; thus proving them wrong. Can't find one? perhaps its not as bad as you claim. I have a friend who was fired by FedEx 10 years ago. Since then, he's been fired by 5 other companies. He claims he's not the problem. Sure, I'll buy that for a dollar.

He's the problem. He doesn't know what he wants. He hates every boss he has. He's just plain unhappy in life, and won't likely ever be. Someday he'll grow up and become an adult with reasonable expectations of his employer, and in the process hopefully quit being a drama queen.

Just a thought...as for the drama queens...ABF and YRC are hiring. Lots of drama over there...especially about how the union fails their members.

ST
Another great post. Attitude is everything.

Couple things. That "only 3k" you speak of would put many closer (but not above) the competition. Also, since we have been and continue to be under this deficit, we loose ground every day.

How might most people "**** away" that 3 grand, Red?

Family vacation at a beach house, or a cabin in the mountains?
http://www.resortvacationproperties.com/rvp/vacation-rentals/property-search/catalogsearch.php
http://www.eaglesridge.com/pigeon-forge-cabins/all-cabins

Maybe some Racetrack time on a motorcycle?
https://www.sportbiketracktime.com/index.php?route=information/schedule

Maybe a dirtbike for the Grandson?
http://powersports.honda.com/2016/crf50f.aspx

Also the charitable part of the equation... I prefer animal rescues/shelters.

Funny thing, Red... That is all stuff that used to be affordable... Much less so today, in my area/location.
First, let's also point out that if we divide that $3K into a week's paycheck, we'll see the difference between $23.68 vs $25.08 is $56 a week BEFORE taxes for 40 hrs worked. Now I understand that not everyone is smart with their money but if $56 before taxes puts you in financial hardship, then you've got bigger problems than your current pay scale!

As for the pissing away/wasting of the said $3K a year, most estimate we actually waste 15% of our yearly income...so at $23.68, that would equate to about $7K a year...seems my estimate of $3K may have been a bit conservative!

Also, for the wasting of the $3K a year, it certainly could be on one time purchases as your examples imply but most are spread over multiple expenses as these links show.

http://247wallst.com/investing/2011/02/24/ten-things-americans-waste-the-most-money-on/
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2014/03/24/20-ways-we-blow-our-money/6826633/

As for charitable donations, we give to several but we make sure that those to which we donate actually use a majority of the money for the charity, NOT for administration purposes as so many do!

You're still avoiding giving me my list of lies.

Well maybe you can help your buddy red with this one. It took me less than 5 minutes on google to prove him wrong about the police officers in NC. I wonder why he can't prove me wrong on this i will concede that im wrong if he can find a link.

That organizer is not on trucking boards spreading bs lies you are big difference. It's simple red either you can prove it or not we will be waiting on that link.
I see ol Red is avoiding this thread, just say your wrong Red and that you can't prove your lie and we will move on.
Well maybe you can help your buddy red with this one. It took me less than 5 minutes on google to prove him wrong about the police officers in NC. I wonder why he can't prove me wrong on this i will concede that im wrong if he can find a link.
How ironic, this coming from a person who continuously makes accusations with no proof, even when called out multiple times from various posters!

When you start providing proof the rest of us will do the same, until then go ask your local organizer for the answers you seek and I'll ask those at my center for the answers I seek...and I'm sure the answers I get will continue to prove you wrong...as usual.

We also understand that it's the teamsters agenda to try to discredit someone when they continue to tell facts and truths that you can't dispute...unfortunately for you, most already understand this which is why they don't take anything you say seriously.

Avoiding this thread...LMAO...I would love to debate you but you've yet to bring anything to the table...your like a one legged man at a butt kicking contest, you try but you just keep falling down!

How ironic, this coming from a person who continuously makes accusations with no proof, even when called out multiple times from various posters!

When you start providing proof the rest of us will do the same, until then go ask your local organizer for the answers you seek and I'll ask those at my center for the answers I seek...and I'm sure the answers I get will continue to prove you wrong...as usual.

We also understand that it's the teamsters agenda to try to discredit someone when they continue to tell facts and truths that you can't dispute...unfortunately for you, most already understand this which is why they don't take anything you say seriously.

Avoiding this thread...LMAO...I would love to debate you but you've yet to bring anything to the table...your like a one legged man at a butt kicking contest, you try but you just keep falling down!

Your pathetic you told a lie and can't prove otherwise and now you are trying to dance around it and make me look bad. Thats why you and the company are loosing support soooner or later they figured out you guys are a bunch of liars.