New Penn | What's this? Pitt-Ohio is in it.

slavenomore

TB Legend
Credits
TruckingInfo.com : We've got trucking covered. Your Source for Trucking News and Information

9/9/2009 Department of Justice OKs LTL Joint Venture

The Department of Justice said Tuesday it will not get in the way of a joint venture between seven regional less-than-truckload companies to bid jointly and participate in other collaborative activities. According to the department, the joint venture would not reduce competition among regional LTLs and could improve competition among the long-haul LTL carriers.

The regional LTL carriers that comprise the Reliance Network joint venture include Averitt Express, DATS Trucking, Lakeville Motor Express, Land Air Express of New England, Pitt Ohio Express, Canadian Freightways and Epic Express.

According to the carriers, each serves a distinct geographic region in North America with insignificant overlap. In addition, each said they face competition in the regions in which they operate. Those in the joint venture, they said, would account for less than 20 percent of the LTL freight transportation business in these regional markets, and far less than 20 percent of a nationwide LTL freight transportation market.

I'd really like to support a president who supports unions but now my patience is being tried. It looks like the Obama Justice Dept. could have stalled this at the least. Mr Obama,Pitt-Ohio was listed next to A. Duie Pyle in Logistics Managements Awards a few weeks ago. They really don't need any help. YrC and New Penn have been listed as being in deep trouble. Remember,us guys who had 2-3 pieces of "support Obama" mail in our boxes every day for a year? And how many campain messages on my answering machine? I've really tried to have faith in the supposed union supporting president,and will still try to, but he's pushin' it. Are any of the above listed companies union? Were their mailboxes and answering machines full of support obama stuff? Did thier union reps make special trips around the country rallying support for you?

I don't think this is anything new,Land-air has been working with Pitt-Ohio and Averitt for a while,I know they work with Wards and a few others as well..No different than what Newpenn does,interlining with whoever...

I don't think this is anything new,Land-air has been working with Pitt-Ohio and Averitt for a while,I know they work with Wards and a few others as well..No different than what Newpenn does,interlining with whoever...
But do we bid jointly as it says. Or seperately? Will it make a difference? Obviously they wouldn't do it if it wouldn't better their business. Or else they would have just dealt with each other in the same ways instead of changing it? Our non-union competition doesn't need any "edges" at this point in YRC's existence, especially heading into the slow months. It should have been stalled.

But do we bid jointly as it says. Or seperately? Will it make a difference? Obviously they wouldn't do it if it wouldn't better their business. Or else they would have just dealt with each other in the same ways instead of changing it?

I don't think that this has anything to do with Newpenn....

There's NO one out there who can compete with New Penn after the 12.00 a hour giveback. We will become the *****'s of freight pricing. And still turn a profit.. At least till YRCW pi**es all our profits away trying to save themselves. Which seems pretty hopeless..

I believe they cannot ask for anymore as per the contract. 15% is all they can ask for... the way I read it. Maybe benefits will be next on their agenda????

10% more in dec....are u freakn crazy dude....what they gonna do threeaten to do shut er down again

He doesn't work here anymore:clap:remember we all said good-bye and,and maybe he is thinking he just might of made a mistake.Lights didn't go out like he predicted:shift::shift: Now it is full steam ahead and he is on the outside looking in:biglaugh:
Here's to you Newpennsales :eck13:

First off to NewPenn Sales, if you don't work here anymore then why do you care. Secondly, you show your ignorance by talking about another 10%, because they can't ask for anymore wages the max is 15%. As a matter of fact there is no more to give for the TEAMSTERS that work at New Penn. You have shown all of us that you truly are a management puke. You can thank all the drivers and dockmen that have done such a good job over the years. If it wasn't for us you wouldn't have had a job. By the way I'm sure it wasn't too hard to make those sales calls when you have such quality people moving the freight on time and damage free. Again just say thanks to us TEAMSTERS for if it wasn't for us you never would have had a job.