ABF | What's up at 042

The usual "Must be the vacations,........or call-offs,......."

Nice to know, though,...the freight is backed up, instead of not there at all.......Get it all in a big avalanche on the weekend,....and then stand around at 8:00 A.M. every morning waiting for inbound strippers...........

Mike Moss went to Ward and took the linehaul supervisor, eh? He must've gotten sick and tired of having a workforce able to talk back to him....

He must miss those Good Ol' Days from FedEx where his word was....law,.....and they didn't have to contend with those uppity, stinky Teamsters........

So much for company loyalty at the corporate level,......every couple of years you've got to chase for more money, I guess. Terrible thing, .....to be asking these poor, stone-broke trucking companies for more money.........

A Rolling Moss gathers more "Stones" at Ward..........

Mike Moss went to Ward and took the linehaul supervisor, eh? He must've gotten sick and tired of having a workforce able to talk back to him....

He must miss those Good Ol' Days from FedEx where his word was....law,.....and they didn't have to contend with those uppity, stinky Teamsters........

So much for company loyalty at the corporate level,......every couple of years you've got to chase for more money, I guess. Terrible thing, .....to be asking these poor, stone-broke trucking companies for more money.........

A Rolling Moss gathers more "Stones" at Ward..........
You can only ask for so much until people reach their breaking point, and seeing how this company changed over the past few years it’s obvious that anyone with any freight experience has moved on to greener pastures....

Remember the old Corporate adage: “ When in Danger or in Doubt....Run in Circles, Scream and Shout.”

That’s how they run companies nowadays......

I spoke with Mike Moss about a year ago at 059 and we talked a little about ABF culture of 'turning like an aircraft carrier'; to slow to keep up with changing freight lanes.

I spoke with Mike Moss about a year ago at 059 and we talked a little about ABF culture of 'turning like an aircraft carrier'; to slow to keep up with changing freight lanes.
I would have to say that Mike Moss, never served on an aircraft carrier.

Last edited:
Mud, I don't know but the odds are you are absolutely correct. Most people in America have never served in the Navy or been on our country's largest naval vessel. I do think Mike Moss is probably happier at a smaller more nimbal company than ABF. I got the impression (from what I read about him mostly) that he was more of a fixer type person. And on the two occasions I spoke with him it was mostly conversation about change.

Ahh,...........Let me interpret that for you,.....That's corporate speak for: "I'm completely ineffective and am already shopping for another carrier to hire me with a big bag o' cash...."

I've studied "Corporate Speak" for decades,.......It's easy to understand ....once you get past the smell.......Experience working in a cow barn will help you there.......

Ahh,...........Let me interpret that for you,.....That's corporate speak for: "I'm completely ineffective and am already shopping for another carrier to hire me with a big bag o' cash...."

I've studied "Corporate Speak" for decades,.......It's easy to understand ....once you get past the smell.......Experience working in a cow barn will help you there.......
Yep, basically couldn’t get his own way then took his ball & went home....

Mike Moss. Changed the FedEx freight operation in the late 90s. They were operated much Abf is today. They went to the meet and turn on a five day operation. It went well for them and he was gone a few years later.I was a road driver than at FedEx and road driver at Abf now. Just a history lesson for a few that may not know. There pay is based on a 5 day operation,not 6. 99% of there FedEx are home daily like Ue driver s are.

Mike Moss. Changed the FedEx freight operation in the late 90s. They were operated much Abf is today. They went to the meet and turn on a five day operation. It went well for them and he was gone a few years later.I was a road driver than at FedEx and road driver at Abf now. Just a history lesson for a few that may not know. There pay is based on a 5 day operation,not 6. 99% of there FedEx are home daily like Ue driver s are.

Thank you, Sir.......

I would have to say that Mike Moss, never served on an aircraft carrier.

Tq01Mk3.jpg