ABF | What's up at 042

Mike Moss. Changed the FedEx freight operation in the late 90s. They were operated much Abf is today. They went to the meet and turn on a five day operation. It went well for them and he was gone a few years later.I was a road driver than at FedEx and road driver at Abf now. Just a history lesson for a few that may not know. There pay is based on a 5 day operation,not 6. 99% of there FedEx are home daily like Ue driver s are.
Then why did you leave it mike moss was god and fed ex is the holy grail?

Well......he came to ABF......the Thinking Man’s freight company.

Maybe Mike Moss followed him over to ABF.

I find it strange that Mr. Moss quit ABF 15 days after I retired.....

Maybe Mr. Moss got disenheartened once I left.....

Yeah........those whiny employees with their contracts, .......and their “ fairness”..........and their lazy “overtime” requirements.......

SO much easier at a non-Union company,......where you can give an order, and everyone jumps,....instead of checking the contract....

There , it’s much more fun being a boss........

11 days it took a shipment to get from Texas to Pennsylvania, our of those 11 days it sat in Carlisle for 5...:

Yeah, talked to customer service lady and told her asked to have it shipped not stored.

Hah!...."Customer Service"..........I'll bet the poor woman hears her share of abuse........16 days from Iowa to Scranton......Heck,....I could've loaded that in a wheelbarrow and walked it to your house under 16 days.....Of course I'd want a ...tip.....

11 days from Texas to Pennsylvania?.........Hmm,.......I might have to use my lawn tractor and cart to beat that one.......

...(......Psst!......Hey!...ABF "management"!.......Record driver shortages aren't solved by cutting wages and vacations,.......Ooops! I'm sorry!,.....you're the Ones with the College degrees,.....I Beg Your Pardon...).....

Hah!...."Customer Service"..........I'll bet the poor woman hears her share of abuse........16 days from Iowa to Scranton......Heck,....I could've loaded that in a wheelbarrow and walked it to your house under 16 days.....Of course I'd want a ...tip.....

11 days from Texas to Pennsylvania?.........Hmm,.......I might have to use my lawn tractor and cart to beat that one.......

...(......Psst!......Hey!...ABF "management"!.......Record driver shortages aren't solved by cutting wages and vacations,.......Ooops! I'm sorry!,.....you're the Ones with the College degrees,.....I Beg Your Pardon...).....
It's still not here, tracking says tomorrow, I wouldn't put any money on it.

I was outraged when cigarettes went up to fifty cents a pack. So I quit smoking........cigarettes.
I remember when Marlboro went to $.50 a pack and I was making $3 35 hour........ the good old days! I weighed less half my current weight, ran 2 miles in 11 min, smoked a pack of cigarettes day, and thought I would never get old.

I quit in 2001.. don't remember the cost but that wasn't why. I was tired of smoking. Cigarettes.
I don't indulge in any smoking. Now.
:17142: