Yellow | What's up Kansas City?

Deleting parts of someone's previous post without showing "<snip>" to indicate you've edited it is somewhat dishonest. You might want to correct that.
That would be your opinion and your opinion only, there was nothing dishonest done or intended. I only used the part of your post that was relevant. If it's so dishonest you should contact site administration and tell them to disable the feature that makes it so easy.

Maybe shoot them with a ' tater cannon. Maybe set an example and practice what you preach.
My Bad , so sorry that we add some Humor & jokes to threads on here , guess I thought it was better than all the name calling & fighting by some tough guys on here !! but remember after all we do work for a joke of a company !!:hilarious:
An occasional joke is one thing but it needs to be done in moderation. Post upon post of irrelevant 'humor' is too much and when a guy posts a question it would be decent of someone to give him an answer.
Edit police, notice that I cut out wongway's picture, it was not necessary or relevant to my response.
Now, a guy posts a question asking about how YRC got to be what it is today and none of you have the ability or willingness to answer? Same question in regards to one asking mileage pay for road drivers. You couldn't help him out?

That would be your opinion and your opinion only, there was nothing dishonest done or intended. I only used the part of your post that was relevant. If it's so dishonest you should contact site administration and tell them to disable the feature that makes it so easy.

That is my opinion, you're correct about that. But you're totally wrong in saying that it's "my opinion only". You have absolutely no idea who else may agree with me so pretending you know is totally inaccurate.

Re-posting someone's post in a reply should always show the complete post the person made. If you're going to edit that person's post by eliminating some parts, the honest way to do that is to indicate you've snipped/edited some parts out. That way someone reading the posts knows you're taking some parts out of context. You should know that. I don't need to contact any administrators about our re-posting ability since it's up to each poster to do it the proper way.

That's the way they roll here and when they get corrected they cry like babies.

Interesting response on this one. I witnessed one guy asking about the evolution of YRC and how it got to where it is today and all he got was smart ass responses, I guess none of you had the answer to that either, right? Then, just recently a new user wanted to know about pay rates for road jobs in TX pursuant to an ad he saw from YRC, again no answers from this helpful crowd, what would be the reason for that? Both times a non YRC user (me) provided the information that they were looking for. What you are doing is making a farce out of what could be and should be a place to get good information.
Best damn reply I ever read on this forum ABFer....good job !!!

Here is what's going on, they started routing around K.C about a week ago. The glass house has told our local that they are tired of K.C and Indy being constantly behind. They are routing to other terminals and they are loading directs. The company isn't trying to hide it either, they have came out and said it. We have 228 people working on the city/dock side with no layoffs. They are about 60 people short on dock/city side to get a 300 man board and can't find no one to hire. They have to hire 50 people just to get 10-15 that will stay. About a third of seniority list has 2-3yrs or less and most of them had to be trained to get their cdl by the company trainer they hired a couple years ago. Between the city drivers, hostlers and OB stackers that hold bids it only leaves about 90-100 checkers to strip freight for a 24/7 breakbulk operations. If you want to work 7 punches a week you can and it's been like that for several years. We don't have enough people for the amount of freight that comes thru here. We don't have enough city drivers also for the pickup's and delivery. Short handed all around and that includes the roadside. We know they have routed freight into Omaha and St Louis. We were 1500 bills behind Monday and by Thursday they were asking for CC on dock by mid day. This morning they had around 800 on hand and only 400 bills coming by 4pm. Rumor has it they want to make St Louis a mini break to push freight thru when Kc, Chicago, Indy, and Nashville get behind.
Why can't they find the help? Are you telling me they'd rather have their puckered starfish tickled at CRST than YRC?

Why can't they find the help? Are you telling me they'd rather have their puckered starfish tickled at CRST than YRC?
Because this generation doesn't want to work and they don't want to work on a Friday thru Tuesday midnite dock on the bottom of list. In today's time alot of kids have been handed everything and don't want to put their time in, they want it NOW. Like I said out of 50 hired they are lucky to get 10 to stay.

Because this generation doesn't want to work and they don't want to work on a Friday thru Tuesday midnite dock on the bottom of list. In today's time alot of kids have been handed everything and don't want to put their time in, they want it NOW. Like I said out of 50 hired they are lucky to get 10 to stay.
I started as a casual with Roadway when I was thirty years old. Providing for my family was number one for me. Anytime the phone rang, day or night, I would come in.

I started as a casual with Roadway when I was thirty years old. Providing for my family was number one for me. Anytime the phone rang, day or night, I would come in.

You better believe it. Same with me when I was between seniority jobs and worked casual. Sometimes worked P&D during the day for one outfit and ran a road trip for someone else that night. Jumped and took work whenever the phone rang for sure.

Same here. Worked Thursday-Monday midnite dock for a year before I could get a Wed-Sun. 18 yrs later I can hold alot of good bids at KCM including city driving. I started at the bottom and moved my way up over time. I didn't have a sense of entitlement like I see today with some of the younger ones.

Ah.... Me too! Thought the same way. 30 years old and a family. Happy to have a good job. Came in everytime the phone rang!
Course I came out of the west TX oilfields and a 8 hour day was nothing.
Out there when you went on a job 12 hours minimum..... Shhhessh...8 hours anytime and 12 bucks an hour.. Hell yes. 8 hours was easy!

I think when we were raised, most had 2 parents with values, and taught work ethics and pride. Today many kids coming from families of 1 parent, no parents, grandparents, or 2 parent families who teach them little except how to use a cell phone, and pay for it while abusing the welfare system...

Come on guys "Serious " talk only about Kansas City Freight rerouting only !!! Kinda like I tried to do . { Rerouting is done for a few reason's [1] terminal is backed up with freight {2} shortage of manpower {3} union labor problems at terminal {4} some management dude behind a desk thought it was a good idea }

Come on guys "Serious " talk only about Kansas City Freight rerouting only !!! Kinda like I tried to do . { Rerouting is done for a few reason's [1] terminal is backed up with freight {2} shortage of manpower {3} union labor problems at terminal {4} some management dude behind a desk thought it was a good idea }
They are doing it to Dallas also. I am sure if the 2 are being rerouted most are at some time. It's no big deal. Been going on for a long time. For many reasons.

Here is what's going on, they started routing around K.C about a week ago. The glass house has told our local that they are tired of K.C and Indy being constantly behind. They are routing to other terminals and they are loading directs. The company isn't trying to hide it either, they have came out and said it. We have 228 people working on the city/dock side with no layoffs. They are about 60 people short on dock/city side to get a 300 man board and can't find no one to hire. They have to hire 50 people just to get 10-15 that will stay. About a third of seniority list has 2-3yrs or less and most of them had to be trained to get their cdl by the company trainer they hired a couple years ago. Between the city drivers, hostlers and OB stackers that hold bids it only leaves about 90-100 checkers to strip freight for a 24/7 breakbulk operations. If you want to work 7 punches a week you can and it's been like that for several years. We don't have enough people for the amount of freight that comes thru here. We don't have enough city drivers also for the pickup's and delivery. Short handed all around and that includes the roadside. We know they have routed freight into Omaha and St Louis. We were 1500 bills behind Monday and by Thursday they were asking for CC on dock by mid day. This morning they had around 800 on hand and only 400 bills coming by 4pm. Rumor has it they want to make St Louis a mini break to push freight thru when Kc, Chicago, Indy, and Nashville get behind.
St.Louis used to be a break and they screwed the guys there.Oh how things have changed.

While I know it's not liked too much for us drivers t get on one another's board...

I wish this was a problem at XPO/Con-way. It's quite the opposite here. Guys getting less than 8 hours and line haul drivers(and flex) working the dock.

And the "i want it now" generation were raised by Who? that's right the very same generation here stating what a good work ethic they have.
Actually,yes. I am talking about a lot of the I want it now generation,but not all were raised the way I stated of course. I said most of us were raised with values, and work ethics, along with I stated many kids today have little parenting, or parents that care enough.

Actually,yes. I am talking about a lot of the I want it now generation,but not all were raised the way I stated of course. I said most of us were raised with values, and work ethics, along with I stated many kids today have little parenting, or parents that care enough.
I raised my kids well. They are the generation in the 30's now. They both have good jobs and Excellent family values... Thanks to their mother... Definitely not me... I wasn't home most of the time.
I don't think it's a generation thing I think it's parental. One or two. Doesn't matter.
It all comes down to parenting and taking the damn phone away when needed. It's a privilege... Not a right. Just like driving. It's a privilege.
Sad thing is everyone is so sensitive to raising a voice or hand to a child. Which is complete BS. I came out fine. And my father used a Barber strap and was paddled at school. But they didn't treat ADD in any other way. Now they treat it with pills. Not a paddle. This is wayyy.. :off topic::6817::1904:

Last edited: