SAIA | Whats up with this???

Double Nickle

Living from direct deposit to direct deposit.
Credits
Let me see. Saia does not want the union in their organization. Saia does not mind cutting drivers, especially P&D drivers, just to give the freight to outside carriers, or as they say "vendors". Cut your driver and give the freight that he/she was to deliver, to an outside carrier, now that driver has lost a days pay. But who do they call the next day telling that YOU HAVE to come in a 5/6 am or else, because THE COMPANY needs your services. Do they call the outside carrier? NOPE! They call US and threaten our job if you refuse to come in for THE COMPANYS sake. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the part time dock workers are getting 12 to 14 hours per day six days a week. Does anyone else see a problem here or is it just the imagination of every driver here at GNC? Corporate is screaming about hours, then crying about freight not getting delivered or picked up on time, yet they bring in other carriers to deliver the freight (most is delivered the next day) and cry because it did not make it to the consignee on time, all the while dispatch is showing it in the computer as being delivered (hoping no one calls for it) then our driver gets the blame for the freight not getting delivered on time. By the way, that driver had been cut the day the delivery was SUPPOSED to be made. I wonder where people get the idea that we need a union?!?!?!?!??!?

The problem is NOT because you have no union, it is because you have **** poor Management. May I recommend that you go to work for YRC and see just how good the Union takes care of their people!:hysterical:

Economy is bad now as profits are down and corporate bosses are on field bosses butts and YOU SIR get the blame. A union cannot fix Stupid management.

Now stop slackin and get that freight delivered ON TIME!:chairshot::smilie_132:

Trust me! If I had my way I would be working today. Three TM's in six years and all is still the same here. HMMMM! Wonder if it could be the little office cluck OOPS clerk thats been there from the begining??
:1036316054:

By the way. He does come up here from time to time. Maybe he will have a Smith Driving moment and get THE BIG PICTURE!

in the current economy i do not think going to a union company would be a good idea only because of being a casual and getting in line behind people already on lay off.

ot i think my tm is working at your place things are the same at my barn i got a whopping 35 hrs this week while the bosses pets got about 55 or 60 i guess brown nosing really pays off but i just cant bring myself to do it

our city drivers get cut every now and then. for awhile there 2 or 3 were off a day plus atleast one line driver. there are still some city drivers getting alot of hours but it's based on either their run, or their start time. the guys that come in at 730 are usually the first ones back..which means what usually? you guessed it...grab another trailer and go pick up some more. then there are the drivers that run 150 or more miles a day on their city runs..they get more hours for obvious reasons. the problem overall i guess...is they worship the almighty computer. if the terminal is a little over their hours for that day, the TM and dispatcher get their *** chewed for it. same on dock and linehaul. it annoys me that most of the time if you wanna work, you get cut...if you need a day or want to be cut, then oh no we cannot do without you tonight. bleh....it's the same everywhere now a days though. we just have to suck it up and ride it out until things get better.

The problem is NOT because you have no union, it is because you have **** poor Management. May I recommend that you go to work for YRC and see just how good the Union takes care of their people!:hysterical:

Why is that funny? I work for Yellow and our management sucks, but I need not be threatened by them. I worked for pjax as well and I tell you what I am much happier here then there.:nutkick:

Any union is only as good or as strong as the people in it. If the people don't stick together it won't work.
Not sticking together is killing the unions, it is killing the Mafia and it is killing this country.

Any union is only as good or as strong as the people in it. If the people don't stick together it won't work.
Not sticking together is killing the unions, it is killing the Mafia and it is killing this country.

Sad but true. Everything has turned into a ME-ME-ME world, or should I say me-me-me-me USA.
:1036316054:

OK. Ya'll will have to forgive here as my memory is alot like my kidneys. They all lose everything once or twice a day BUT. Can you city guys at Saia give me an estimate on your mileage and number of stops per day? Pick up and deliveries. The times you get out of your barn and your return times. We have management BEATING a P&D man to death, hounding him on the phone, nextel, and slipping around the corners watching him like he is goofing off, all the while screaming in his ear your job is at stake here hurry up and do more.

OK. Ya'll will have to forgive here as my memory is alot like my kidneys. They all lose everything once or twice a day BUT. Can you city guys at Saia give me an estimate on your mileage and number of stops per day? Pick up and deliveries. The times you get out of your barn and your return times. We have management BEATING a P&D man to death, hounding him on the phone, nextel, and slipping around the corners watching him like he is goofing off, all the while screaming in his ear your job is at stake here hurry up and do more.

Oh well. I guess they have all left the board.

well i can't comment on how it is now, but i can comment on how it was when i was a city man before going to linehaul. i doubt alot has changed anyway... i would have 10-15 deliveries and 3-5 pickups depending on the day. sometimes i would get pulled out of my area to pick up a trailer load of ltl from a shipper somewhere else. i would say i drove maybe 100-150 miles/day. after i crushed my hand i stopped getting in a hurry for anyone. so no matter what the dispatcher was saying over the radio i took the time to drive safely and do my job safely. if i thought i couldn't get in somewhere i didn't do it. just remember as a city man the harder you work, the more work you will do. don't be a slack ***, but don't run around like you have ants in your pants either. some of our p&d runs out of GVL do go alot more miles, but have the same amount of stops. one guy drives 300-400 miles a friggin day..but we cover a large area here.

OK, Salt Lake to Ogden is 45 miles right there, get off 10-15 deliveries (unless it is a Monday and that could be up to 20) then look for about 5 to 8 pick ups.

Now that is every day for the Ogden driver, and the Clearfield driver. Our two "extra" drivers up north can go north as far as Tremonton (thats 90 miles from the terminal) and if you have to "go over the mountain" to Logan, add another 30.

So, at least 150 miles a day, 8 to 10 hours of work.

But the bottom line is, we are too far away from SLC to go back for help, so once you leave you have to get it all off the trailer to have room for the pick-ups.