Averitt | What's wrong with this picture

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
This was taken a couple of weeks ago, 43000lb beer load, I75 flat ground, outside temp a little over 100

5nsm1l.jpg

What is wrong with this picture? Not one shuttle unit has seen that low mileage since late 2006 early 2007.

Bingo! the man earns a "all expense trip to NIL", My engine fan stays running 99.99% of the time the engine is running, A/C running or not. I've been to several shops about this problem, the answer is ....that is normal due to it being summer time.
I'm waiting for the bean counters to notice my fuel mileage SUCKS as compared to the other Cascadia's. When my truck is due for the next service, I will also give them a picture of this!

It means you need to lift the throttle so it doesn't take me 15 mins to get around you :)

It means you need to lift the throttle so it doesn't take me 15 mins to get around you :)

Jeff, it just pains us to let you guys pass us because you guys are always running heavy with all that big $$ you are riding on. Must make your steer axle heavy. LOL

Jeff, it just pains us to let you guys pass us because you guys are always running heavy with all that big $$ you are riding on. Must make your steer axle heavy. LOL

Some of them make big money, I don't like to drive that much anymore

I'm beginning to think there is a problem with the computer in the freightliners, either when AE programs or has them built to their wants or when something, most freightliners I've driven here at averitt the fan automatically starts up when taking off from a stop or slow roll, even before the temp has a chance to raise. Averitt has gotten the transmissions shifting different, because they were having a problem with the Y-split/shifter or something, there is only so much you can do before the unit starts goofing up, those motors are built to run one way and the next thing you know they have been programmed to run/shift another. I've read the fan will rob you of 15% of fuel mileage and horsepower.
I worked for an owner/op many years ago, he had the belief if you had the motor unrestricted with a smart driver who wouldnt abuse it that it would get better fuel mileage. He bought a used truck that was cut back, drove it for a week, took it back and had the restriction taken off, mpg improved .4 mpg. One could argue it was the difference in driver, (but it was his truck and had no reason to play with the numbers), but otherwise it was on a dedicated run hauling less than 5k loaded, and in the summer with no rain/weather issues during those 2 weeks.

:shift:
With my Cascadia, you may pass ONLY if I LET you, if we are in the HILLS , you can forgetaboutit!!!!:smilie93C_peelout:

Jeepman, those Fedex trucks have the red isx Cummins like our sleepers have so don't bite off more than you can chew on an up hill drag race, just saying.

Jeepman, those Fedex trucks have the red isx Cummins like our sleepers have so don't bite off more than you can chew on an up hill drag race, just saying.
They can get by me on the flat, after a LONG TIME, but in rolling hills or grades, all things being equal, i can pull them, remember I do not have a PUKEY 365 Volvo or a 380 Mercedes

When I have a Freighthauler come up from behind and they pull out to pass, I normally lift out of it and let them go. These days there are many MORONS out here that will get right on your rear bumper, when you are attempting to pass a slower truck, so it's better just to lift on the throttle.