What's wrong with this place?

Enlighten you !

1st a company takes back moneys ..2nd going on 5 years without any pay increase . 3rd they can't Evan say anything about a pay increase . 4th everything is just going up , food on the road ,cost are just going up to live ... Yes it cost a company to operate but how long can you take advantage of people .. I can't say no more you NCT drivers just need to wake up .. you local guys are working 65 /70 hours a week .. For what 1,500 that's not much for all you're time .. Road men never are home they take miles off you're pay .. say you run 500 they pay less miles then what you run .. I'm done with NCT and glad of it ..:clappy: Take care RBV You guys beware !!

Few reasons ? Tell that to you're wife and kids .. That you're not home for three weeks .. And bring home 2,300 in three weeks . that's more than a few reasons ..And it wasn't getting any better .. You guys need more money !!! and then they are hiring people with 2 years of road .. giving them all the miles ... I can go on for hours .. Look guys much better places to work at good luck .. RBV

I was mechanic, left back in August. They cut our personal days, health benefits, and along with no pay increases, this was an easy decision. There are way too many mechanic and driver positions out there to stick around for this. When I left, they were losing an average of a mechanic a week, nobody coming in to replace them. They actually had the nuggets to ask if I knew anybody looking for a job as I was loading up my box. They have all those trucks and a backlog of work but are losing employees left and right. Last I heard when I left are they are propping up the company for Jefferies to sell them. They have been doing that for awhile but not many buyers looking for a company with a top heavy management structure that has massive driver turnover and going on 6 year old fleet with trucks starting to hit 1M miles. It seems like the longer you've been with Harry, the harder it is for you to face the facts and to move on with another company. Harry hasn't been with the company since May. He still has an office but Jefferies bought him out and last I heard he's been in FL since.

Some of the things they do will certainly leave you scratching your head.Waiting for service at both shops usually require a 3 day venture.The things we were told during recruiting turns out to be half truths also.Up to this point the money and hometime hasn't gotten unbearable.Last I heard local drivers were making 23 an hour.Not bad for the south,but the cost of living in that area is more than im accustomed to down here.

Yeah, I've heard the drivers telling me about the wait for a simple problem with there truck. The problem with their shops are A) they are hiring young and inexperienced mechanics B) old and inexperienced mechanics. I understand the young and inexperienced but their shop is about 50% old and inexperienced. This greatly increases you wait time and also adds to your coming back to get it fixed properly. I'm sure you all on here have heard it, "we are waiting for the part to come in" or "we need to order this". This is correct about 10% of the time, usually they have no idea what they are doing and are just ordering something to get you out of the shop for the next mechanic to deal with. The sad thing about all of it is it's only going to get worse, the mechanics that are leaving can find a better job elsewhere because they have the talent in their profession. Your stuck with the lazy ones that can't/won't. The trucks are aging, they are only going to require more maintenance and maintenance on items that aren't common. That's a big problem with inexperience and laziness. They just don't pay enough to bring in the talent and even if they did, they don't keep up with wages. That's a big reason why I left, management has no clue, drive around with a new personal car/truck every couple months and say there's no money for a raise. In the shop there was 3 managers/supervisors for a crew of 7, after layoffs a crew of 4. Life's to short to be incorporated in an organization like that.

Less !!

22. and some change.. They work them 65/70 hours a week .. NO OVER TIME . .. and then they have to pay for Medical 130.00 a week .. always making you use you're 16 hour rule ..:moon2: I'm so happy i left .. I hope they get what they have coming ... Yes I'm angry they had took so much out of people .. And the people that made the company they just :moon2:on them still .. I see what they are doing to the working man and woman ... Run if you can !! The writing is on the wall. Harry is leaving for good in January i was told by a salesmen at N C T .. If true good luck .. No pay increase in 4 years .. Now thats funny !! RBV ..;):1036316054:

1100,1400,2000..Thats miles per week for the last 3 weeks.Thats not gonna cut it.New drivers come in and get big miles for a few months,then drop off for the next round of recruits.The revolving door remains open.

They still run and break loads out of there.I usually park over there after getting to Westampton,they seem to be pretty steady in and out.

dispatcher friend said alot of pressure throughout the company--jeffries wants results now --ncty has slashed alot of benefits and bonus programs--he said the HARRY thig is all hush hush.

IMO,they need to slash at the top and trim the bottom.Company is WAYYYY too top heavy and im sure their is some dead wood near the bottom.I think they have lost some good help by the way the company is ran but have also lost some that wasnt really a loss.

The docks seem to stay full of freight,so the potential is there.Too many bosses with bosses,and too much idle times(that are paid) for drivers due to lack of planning.

Unfortunately some of us have seen this story unfold before.Bloated upper management with big salaries and benefit packages.

i was told about major sales shake ups also...all the perks--gone..including major changes with their bonus programs, company cars, credit cards, medical-------------HARRY---HELP !!!!!--------------OH , HES GONE TOO.

Its like deja vu all over again.Welcome to New Century Jevic.First salemans perks go.Then all the good salesman go.Then the good accounts leave with them.

Honestly, you cannot dupe the customers...they will find out if you have no integrity...and when that is gone so is your reputation.

Customers have one thing in mind $$$$ .. They are looking at every Dollars be spent at this time .. All the good people will find other work places at NCT soon .. You cannot give people a pay increase in Five years .. Before they start to talk about a company they are working for .. B V ?

Any news on the IPO or a Sale...the IPO was big news over a year ago....NCTY had to disclose that they lost money for 5 years for wh