Whats your company offered medical coverage like? Cost, coverage, ect...

rowdy

TB Regular
Credits
US Foods Dallas
BCBS EPO 90
$84 per week
Coinsurance Percentage 90%
Annual deductible $300 Ind. $600 two person $900 family
Out of pocket Max. $1300 Individual $2600 Two person $3900 Family
Cost covered 90% after deductible
Emergency Care $250 copay then 90% covered. Copay waived if admitted.

Western PA Teamsters Health and Welfare(Highmark BC/BS). Was zero a week. We agreed to a new five year contract last month, now our cost is 6.12 a week with 2.5% possible increase a year. That tops out at 32 and change in five years. $20 co-pay, $5 prescription. Dental, eye and medical.

In KC:
$62 and some change a week, $2500 family deductible, 80/20 after that. No copy but it's a high deductible plan so you get a bill for the whole visit until deductible's reached. Max out of pocket is 8 grand a year I believe.

Compared to 6 or so years ago:
About $30/wk, no deductible, $20 co-pay
Ouch.

Rowdy, ours at Sysco OK is about like yours, I think I pay 40 bucks a week, its awful insurance, very high cost, I went on the wife's insurance, Wal-Mart, we save a ton of money that way.

Depends on the plan you choose here. I think I pay 40(ish) a week and its a 80/20. 1500 individual 2000 family.( I think) Not sure what the out of pocket max is.
I also pay 40 (ish) into medical spending account. I know the next plan up was about 500 lower on deductibles but was not worth the 90 bucks a week. I pay 80 and everything's paid for basically

Independent Health,
20 a week single, 44 a week for family
15$ a visit. 5$ prescriptions. 125$ emergency.
free vision and dental insurance thru the teamsters.

us foods keeps trying to shove us into their company plan. for the decrease in coverage, they would have to offer some BIG raises.....

oh, and we get 2500 a year in "opt out" pay if you can prove you are on your spouses insurance with a card.

GFS is $32ish a week for the 80/20 and $17 a week for the high deductible plan with a HSA. That's for employee and spouse.

Interesting thread, I no longer do the foodservice thing - I work in the transportation side for a broadcasting company. We recently received information that our insurance is going to change (for the worse) next year. I currently pay $100 every 2 weeks for family coverage and that includes eye and dental. Currently the coverage is 100% after the deductibles are met ($1000), but that's changing to a 90/10 plan in '14. Prescriptions are 5 bucks, office visits are 20. Looks like the decrease in coverage will wipe out the raise I just received...