TForce | When I came from the union to OVNT.I saw little discipline

leo can by a lot of donuts on his 6,058,000 salary and benefits last year.....just keep working for nothing and you will make him real happy, maybe you misunderstood his vision?

Silverhawk1 said:
That wont stop me from speaking my mind.
I agree totally, but if they aren't listening because we all have different complaints and are attacking eachother like a pack of dogs....Why should they care???? Alone we we are weak....

greezy trucker said:
I agree totally, but if they aren't listening because we all have different complaints and are attacking eachother like a pack of dogs....Why should they care???? Alone we are weak....
I agree! But I believe that they do know what we are all unhappy with. and I hope that they take it to heart because I see this time in our history as something like Custer's last stand. And I hope there is somebody at the top with a little common sense. I may be all wrong here.... but I am going to give them the benefit of the dought.

Talking about discipline...

Im at the mini-hub last night and a jack-ass driver is moving a tall and wide skid forwards while standing up, with his head and body outside of the forklift, one hand on the steering wheel the other on the support beam...

This was the same guy who a week ago drove a fork lift like all holy hell up and down the dock with the LPG tank completely unsecured!!!!

AND DID HE GET WRITTEN UP...LET ALONE SPOKEN TO??? OF COURSE NOT!!!

This type of behavior would bever be tolerated at Yellow...not just by the management...but especially by the other dockmen. This type of behavior is not only unsafe to that driver...but to every person in his path...imagine had that LPG tank gone flying off the forklift...whose leg or foot would have been broken first?

UPGF4IBT said:
Im at the mini-hub last night and a jack-ass driver is moving a tall and wide skid forwards while standing up, with his head and body outside of the forklift, one hand on the steering wheel the other on the support beam...

This was the same guy who a week ago drove a fork lift like all holy hell up and down the dock with the LPG tank completely unsecured!!!!

AND DID HE GET WRITTEN UP...LET ALONE SPOKEN TO??? OF COURSE NOT!!!

This type of behavior would bever be tolerated at Yellow...not just by the management...but especially by the other dockmen. This type of behavior is not only unsafe to that driver...but to every person in his path...imagine had that LPG tank gone flying off the forklift...whose leg or foot would have been broken first?

Sorry dude they just told me to drive and I can't just shut down when I get out of the truck.... Mini hub??? That is now what my bid is called too, what does that mean? I understand that we get 14 hours to do our jobs , so I guess they want all of it and leave us with 10 hours to sleep eat and away we go again.... Also is it common practice to just enter work time how they see fit, instead of actually looking at our trip cards and entering what we put on it? Also my run gets cut, right? And I asked for my 2 hour show up time for 2 different days. So instead of giving me the 2 hours they just took it upon themselves to take 2 days of my vacation without my requesting it... Now am I wrong, this is time I earned to use as I see fit and that was not honored? Long post I know....Sorry.

Silverhawk1 said:
I agree! But I believe that they do know what we are all unhappy with. and I hope that they take it to heart because I see this time in our history as something like Custer's last stand. And I hope there is somebody at the top with a little common sense. I may be all wrong here.... but I am going to give them the benefit of the dought.
But how long does benefit of doubt last? Where do we draw the line???After we are miserable and hate our jobs or before???And everyone has a different tolerance level, So how do we respect that?

greezy trucker said:
But how long does benefit of doubt last? Where do we draw the line???After we are miserable and hate our jobs or before???And everyone has a different tolerance level, So how do we respect that?
Most changes almost always go into effect on January 1st of each new year. But usually we find out about the new details of the wages and benifits sometime in early October.

webidiot said:
leo can by a lot of donuts on his 6,058,000 salary and benefits last year.....just keep working for nothing and you will make him real happy, maybe you misunderstood his vision?
yes, there is donuts at the end of the rainbow.

Silverhawk1 said:
Most changes almost always go into effect on January 1st of each new year. But usually we find out about the new details of the wages and benifits sometime in early October.
But was May not the BIG date and.....Wel was a bit disappointing.....