When I hear people blame Obama, say we're in bad shape I don't get it

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Mar 1, 2016.

1. aflifer

aflifer Well-Known Member

I guess my point is that if we aren't careful, we could end up like them in too many ways..........

Won't disagree with your premise, but the Constitution guarantees the right to PERSUE happiness, not the right to happiness. As long as the government and corporations are not infringing on my right to peruse what I want, I don't see any issues....

Which is why the constitution was written as a living document, unfortunately it seems that none of these modernizing techniques have taken the path intended - through the amendment process..... eroding the fabric of the American way of life....

Good discussion..... be safe!

2. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

The correct answer to the question was "they aren't in their right mind" No worries about failing the test, Bernie will make sure everybody gets a C, even those who answered correctly ;)

Nah, I think you are confusing the opportunity with the result. Nobody gets a participation trophy, but everyone has an opportunity to try out for the team. Some won't even make the team, much less get a trophy.

You have a good day as well, seriously. Looking forward to the next disagreement to debate.

Woody likes this.
  3. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

General Welfare meant the Federal Government oversaw the States playing nice together. Making it fair when crossing borders, taxes weren't outrageously different, various laws didn't undercut the next door neighbor, etc..

Woody likes this.
  4. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

General Welfare meant the Federal Government oversaw the States playing nice together. Making it fair when crossing borders, taxes weren't outrageously different, various laws didn't undercut the next door neighbor, etc..

5. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Welfare is in the Constitution:1036316054:

6. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Thought it ment take people's $$$ and give it to someone the government likes better

7. Big Dave

Big Dave Dispatcher for Team BRG-Wong

And in your mailbox....:poke: :hide:

Woody, EX396, jimmy g and 1 other person like this.
  8. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Fear not I did not take it that I was sad and pathetic, that said we are a nation off very selfish people
    Seriously, why do people really support Bernie
    It's the free. Stuff, Bernie is going to get me free health care and free college
    When things are free they are unappreciated

Woody likes this.
  9. Magoo

LOL I wish it were Dave

10. Bubba74

no that is just in the lefts "living breathing " Constitution

I really want to play "living breathing" poker where my pair of ducks beat you royal flush

Woody and Rastus like this.
  11. Bubba74

no that is just in the lefts "living breathing " Constitution

I really want to play "living breathing" poker where my pair of ducks beat you royal flush

12. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Exactly. You took the words right out of my mouth. Our side has no problem defending our stance and why we have specific beliefs. Where the leftists would rather hide the conversation and change the subject. It appears as though they are ashamed of their stance on the issues, otherwise they would answer questions and be able to justify their beliefs.

LOL
    Now they will change the subject to Bush or we will be hearing another bumper sticker slogan vilifying the GOP.

Woody and EX396 like this.
  13. Northern Flash

That is market demand. And America's high tax rate and ridiculous regulations has brought on the demand for corporations to leave our country. (Both of which are supported by the Democrat Party)

14. Northern Flash

Only in the mind of those who have no pride or dignity.

The "Nations" welfare, not the "citizen's" financial welfare was the original intent.

jimmy g and EX396 like this.
  15. aflifer

aflifer Well-Known Member

Yep, pretty simple concept if you aren't looking at your own personal benefit..........

Federal government is responsible for keeping the nation strong in the world sense, in order to ensure that the right to PERSUE happiness is not infringed upon........

Problem is that by trying to PROVIDE happiness to all, in some ways the federal government is infringing on my rights to PERSUE it..................

16. Northern Flash

17. Magoo

People in some countries will work for 10 Cents an hour for every Dollar employees earn here.
    That's a no-brainer situation for corporations right there isn't it. ( ask the Rumps why he makes his stuff in China)
    Probably wouldn't make a difference what tax break you gave them to build here, it just won't add up to that much labor savings.

Couple that with increased automation and robotics the future of manufacturing needs less people working.
    Notice the headway towards driverless cars and yes big trucks.
    It's a real wonder what people will do in the future for income. Because as time goes on we aren't needed as much.

Woody and pilot87 like this.
  18. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Cool. Then most of us could just sit back and wait for our Obama money while complaining about big trucking. Sweet

19. Northern Flash

It appears as though feeding at the Govt. tough is America's best option.

20. Magoo

Lets look at reality, service jobs are the growth jobs, retail, restaurant workers. I don't think manufacturing is a growth sector. Thats too bad that was what made the middle class, which is as you know shrinking.
    I see the future for Americans is to learn how to live cheaper unfortunately, smaller houses, cheaper cars, economy vacations etcetera.
    I'm thinking is there a market for kit cars? Maybe there is, I can't afford a new car, maybe you can or you have to but they've' gotten too expensive.
    And this is because of all the Nations competing with us that weren't 40 years ago.

pilot87 likes this.