When I hear people blame Obama, say we're in bad shape I don't get it

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Mar 1, 2016.

1. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

There..... I fixed your post for you...

No need to thank me....lol

Magoo likes this.
  2. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

Well wait a minute , If we get a GOP Prez the defense industry will be doing just great because we will have perpetual war far . Everyone of those running from the right is whats on their minds .Starting with Cruz and his carpet bombing and Trump and his famous bomb the :shit: out of them . One thing they all are in common is that none of their children even if they where old enough would never go to war . Actually Trump has some boys old enough to go but they won't . This whole thing got started because of some BS Bush , Cheney and Rumsfeld got us into .Wonder how much Cheney's stock went up in Halliburton?

Crystal, pilot87 and Magoo like this.
  3. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

which one of them was in power in 1979?

just because you chose to ignore a problem does not mean it goes away
    following Gulf War I there were numerous violations cease fire agreement, Saddam should have been removed them
    As for continuous was, it has not exactly been all rainbows and unicorns.
    Did not Barry use air power to remove Gaddafi in Libya? (I would still like to know why)
    Are we not using our air power all over the middle east

Perpetual war, this one is going on 40 years now

4. Bubba74

which one of them was in power in 1979?

just because you chose to ignore a problem does not mean it goes away
    following Gulf War I there were numerous violations cease fire agreement, Saddam should have been removed them
    As for continuous was, it has not exactly been all rainbows and unicorns.
    Did not Barry use air power to remove Gaddafi in Libya? (I would still like to know why)
    Are we not using our air power all over the middle east

Perpetual war, this one is going on 40 years now

5. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

And they usually don't pay worth a :crap:.

Correct. And you can thank our beloved politicians for that.

And too many people are willing to accept that. I'm not willing.
    The American dream can still be achieved, but not if we don't get Washington corrected.......and soon.

I agree. But just put everything on credit......it's the American way. And we have a perfect example right in front of us.......Washington.

6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

The majority of Americans realize the threat that ISIS poses to us, and the problems that the illegals coming here cause us, that's why Cruz and Trump are our front runners. One of those two will be your next president.

Who cares? How many years did Obama serve again? None. But do you bash him for it? Nope.
    More hypocrisy.

7. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Learn a trade/provide a service that can't be outsourced to China.

Who can we blame for that? Folks currently buying stuff made in China because it's cheaper? Or labor unions who priced their members out of jobs?

8. Bubba74

Like community organizer
    Or
    Career college student/ protester

9. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

I agree.

Magoo likes this.
  10. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

I was doing my banking yesterday at B of A and the manager asked me into his office. He was trying to sell me one of their new credit cards. He had never heard of the MPRA of 2014. When I finished explaining how my pension may be cut by up to 70% and how I may not be able to continue paying my mortgage his jaw dropped. He said his 74 year old father is a retiree in the CSPF. He stopped his sales pitch and we had a nice discussion/debate about the candidates and the state of our economy. When we finished I jokingly asked him if I got a toaster for my time. He told me those days were long gone and he can't even give customers free checks anymore.

Sorry for going off topic but here is my point. During that discussion we talked about the service and hospitality jobs available in my area. He said that a debt free customer with a 75% down payment who's income is based on sales commissions or gratuities can't get a mortgage. If that's where the jobs are then what happens to the housing market? What happens to the job market and growth in the economy? Trump may be right on trade deals but right for who? Take away pensions Social Security, and Medicare and what's left? Bussing tables, flipping burgers, and delivering pizzas? Can we survive only on continued and future chicken hawk republican wars?

pilot87 and Magoo like this.
  11. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

75% down payment on a solid property and Bank of America won't give a mortgage? If I was able I'd finance them myself. If they paid or defaulted it would be a winner.

12. Crystal

Both he and I agree with you. But the reality is that since the bubble burst in 2008 mortgages are very hard to get especially with a service or hospitality income relying on tips.

pilot87 and Magoo like this.
  13. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

It's a downward spiral you buy a cheaper product because your paycheck is weak. First we need to raise the minimum wage to a living wage.
    Trades are good but doesn't mean they aren't affected by the market. People stretching their money are reluctant to hire the $75 an hour plumber and find the $15 per hour handyman and hope things turn out ok.

pilot87 likes this.
  14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Dodd-Frank lending rules. The Dems want them tightened more. The Republican want them repealed.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  15. Crystal

The too big to fail mentality worked out well didn't it? Kind of like congress not raising the contribution PBGC rates for the MEPFs because they were in better shape than the SEPFs and less likely to fail. How's that working out with the PBGC's MEPF account now nearly bankrupt?

pilot87 likes this.
  16. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Too big to fail should never have happened. Should have let them fail. Bush called the two candidates and let them draw it up, since he only had months left. McCain offered no idea, and Obama came up with Too Big to Fail. Its a Big Government Solution. Never works. I'm a Small Government guy. Let the successful succeed, let the failures fail. Get government out of it.

Northern Flash likes this.
  17. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I think Bush had a huge hand in it with his Treasury Secretary Henry Hank Paulson.
    [​IMG]

pilot87 likes this.
  18. Crystal

What would have happened to the average little guy if AIG and the other big guys had failed? Didn't they hold all the life insurance that we all depended upon to protect our families?

19. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I think bush was a puppet

20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

AIG was the government forced backstop for Fannie/Freddie. Do some research. The man who profited most from TARP was Obama Advisor Franklin Raines.

I still say, get government out of it. If it succeeds, good. If it fails, many of those contracts will be bought in the bankruptcy. Can't save everyone.

Don't you normally complain about corporate bailouts? Can't have it both ways. Cut em all out.

Northern Flash and a9faninnc like this.