Averitt | When is Averitt going to step up to the plate

But seriously Redvolvo, do we really expect or need our company to coddle us and do more than they do now for our driving record? I mean safe driving is what we do, or I do. I'm paid to be on time, in uniform, and to avoid accidents, my bank account rises each Friday morning for this reason. Plus my new 20 year gold safe driving ring is way cool, some of my other options are valued near 500.00 per Google. My 20 year service watch retails online for the 700.00 range.

In a previous life, when a driver reached a million miles he got a tractor with his name on the horn button. Also as a group when the shuttle drivers (actually road drivers) had 6 months safe driving they were treated to a steak dinner at a nice steak house with spouses included. If the dock did it, same thing. If city drivers did it, same thing.

Hell, we don't even get paid to fuel. Do you know how many $$$ Averitt is getting for free by not paying for just that alone? But like the lemmings we are, we tolerate it and do it like so many willing sheep. Punch the time clock, go to the fuel pump, fuel, go back, clock out. Adds up over the course of the year.

I could be wrong....I don't look for ANY raise's in pay anytime soon....it looks like they are streching every penny they can...hell... my front drives have 240k on them ,I spin out on damp streets ,loaded or mt...I get told,those tires STILL have LIFE in them. If I run into snow or slush,I'm going to be SCREWED. Of course the bean counters don't have to put up with this.

Only thing Averitt cares about if you got your uniform on and no beard and no tattoo's. Customer don't care if you have a beard,,They just want there freight.

When I ran local I received many compliments on my appearance, couldn't believe our Pres. would dress their drivers like office staff, many swore I was management. I would like to see a neatly trimmed beard policy.

They don't buy uniforms...they give you an allowance and expect you to buy everything they want you to wear with $150 which includes taxes and shipping charges. Not possible...

I disagree personally, 150.00 is more than enough to buy replacements for our uniforms, I'm forever recycling old uniforms. But sitting in a truck all night doesn't do much wear and tear like city P&D. And how is an "allowance" and not having to pay for 130.00 ish credit, before shipping and tax, in a catalog not the same?

Have you seen what they expect you to buy with $150 I have ran the numbers and it doesn't even come close. Also figure taxes and shipping charges is over 10% of the allowance...

Oh yes I have, and my closet if full of fresh looking uniforms, Can we buy 5 sets and shoes each year, no. But who's wears out 5 sets a year? I sure don't.

I could be wrong....I don't look for ANY raise's in pay anytime soon....it looks like they are streching every penny they can...hell... my front drives have 240k on them ,I spin out on damp streets ,loaded or mt...I get told,those tires STILL have LIFE in them. If I run into snow or slush,I'm going to be SCREWED. Of course the bean counters don't have to put up with this.
The decision makers are at home snug in their beds and don't give a *****..

My city driver fuels my truck.
Must be nice to work in an efficiently run facility instead of a facility that was nice and new several years ago until they sent a terminal manager (and I use this term EXTREMELY lightly) who couldn't give a damn less about the upkeep of the facility. Plus no policies regarding anything. Then again when you sit your a$$ in your office looking into a computer screen vs. walking around talking to your people, you really can't expect much more than that.

I maintain, slide your time card, go fuel, come back and punch out on your id card. If everyone did this maybe there would be a company-wide decision made to pay what we should be paid to fuel. I am not going to do any work for free for anyone.

Uniforms. Don't forget to write off the laundering of these ugly uniforms on your income taxes. I take $6 per week for a total for $300 per year write off. Don't forget also to write off your gloves, shoes, paper towels, window cleaner, anti-bacterial wipes (used for wiping the monkey-***** out of the tractor every night), ink pens, razor blades, haircuts, and last but not least, cell phone and XM/Sirius radio subscription(if you still run one). I've been doing it for years. If you are in a sleeper, write off laundering sheets, and all kinds of other incidentals.

I don't want to be the highest paid freight conpany just want to be in the ball park with other freight company's..When I started with Averitt we was the number 2 highest payed non union company and I was proud of that..Now were in last place..GURRRR..Im going to always do a good job for Averitt even if I don't agree with there pay,,That's just the way I roll.

Averitt could save a lot of money by not making shuttle drivers wear uniforms,,Its really a waist of money. And these water bottles with averitts name on them,WTF..Waist of money.And mechanics that stand around not doing anything,Waist of money..And SCD that wont ever come out of there office,,Waist of money.I could think of a lot more savings but Averitt don't want to hear it from drivers.

They NEVER want to hear from drivers. They are the wizards of smart don't you know, therefore I tell them nothing. For instance, if they line me up to go north with a southbound load by accident, that load is going north with nary a word. Let's see if the dispatcher will get his pay cut a night because of that mistake. Uh, no.

Me personally like having uniforms, for example when I walk bedside a trailer dropped too close and the rough edges on the trailer rip my sleeve off I could care less, I have 20 clean ones at home.