XPO | when is it going to stop

huey29

TB Lurker
Credits
Associated Press Business News: Analyst Note: Con-Way Inc. - MSN Money
well here it is in black and white something we as DRIVERS knew all along,....they keeo raising the rates and nobody will use us!! freight is not llike gas or bread and milk you need those to survive! its obvious that rising fuel costs has alot to do with our pricing but why isn't the competetition raising their rates ?they pay the same for fuel we do? ,...something dont seem right here.

I don't work for Con-Way but with what being posted on these forums is the management looking for a coperate takeover or a buyout?? I read what drivers are saying and it seems that the company is making moves to sellout to someone.Sounds like they are tring to get a reduction in everything freight,employees and just making a mess for everyone. That sounds like buyout to me. Just Askin!!!!

huey29 said:
Associated Press Business News: Analyst Note: Con-Way Inc. - MSN Money
well here it is in black and white something we as DRIVERS knew all along,....they keeo raising the rates and nobody will use us!! freight is not llike gas or bread and milk you need those to survive! its obvious that rising fuel costs has alot to do with our pricing but why isn't the competetition raising their rates ?they pay the same for fuel we do? ,...something dont seem right here.
Something don't smell right in Denmark.

FXF can relate to the pricing issue, we are one of the more expensive companies around. Our reps are taught to sell service and not so much on price. Just look at whats going on at central freight lines, you can move freight for free.

I really need to double chek my spelling before I hit post. What I meant to say was Just look at whats going on at central freight lines, you CAN'T move freight for free.

MR.Viking said:
FXF can relate to the pricing issue, we are one of the more expensive companies around. Our reps are taught to sell service and not so much on price. Just look at whats going on at central freight lines, you can move freight for free.

can you tell me a more expensive company than conway to ship with, I dont believe there is one :Banger-Cow:

am i right in saying that in the last 6 months or so i'm seeing fewer and fewer C.S.E. trucks on the road. i mentioned this to a co-worker of mine and he agrees. used to see several at a time traveling together, now i'm looking and see maybe 1 a day. when C.F. was around the C.S.E. trucks were everywhere. am i wrong about this?I need a C.S.E. driver to set me straight.

ace wheel cat said:
am i right in saying that in the last 6 months or so i'm seeing fewer and fewer C.S.E. trucks on the road. i mentioned this to a co-worker of mine and he agrees. used to see several at a time traveling together, now i'm looking and see maybe 1 a day. when C.F. was around the C.S.E. trucks were everywhere. am i wrong about this?I need a C.S.E. driver to set me straight.

"Taking the road less travelled, cause there ain't as much traffic there"

Maybe this is why your not seeing us.

MR.Viking said:
Premium service costs a premium price!

we could get away with the super high prices when we were the only carrier that could get it there in a short time frame, but now that other companies have matched our coverage at a cheaper price, look whos not running as much freight. Buying pizza and handing out hats to a shipping department dosent cut it, you need to cut prices!!! :Banger-Cow:

you need to cut prices!!! :Banger-Cow:[/QUOTE]

As long as its still profitable to move the freight. Look at central freight, their pricing structure has flipped thier opertaing ratio upside down. They are paying thier customers to move freight. Companies that try to buy market share by slashing prices don't last. Just ask the folks who worked at CF. What happened to Conway's deferred service? Isn't that their cost effective option for customers. I know with our addition of Watkins, we will have a similar option that will be more cost effective.

MR.Viking said:
you need to cut prices!!! :Banger-Cow:

As long as its still profitable to move the freight. Look at central freight, their pricing structure has flipped thier opertaing ratio upside down. They are paying thier customers to move freight. Companies that try to buy market share by slashing prices don't last. Just ask the folks who worked at CF. What happened to Conway's deferred service? Isn't that their cost effective option for customers. I know with our addition of Watkins, we will have a similar option that will be more cost effective.[/QUOTE]
our conway defered service is for only shipments going to the west coast ca,or,wa.and these shipments are not time definite they travel by rail ,and get there when they get there and its not guaranteed like everything else. thats why its cheaper.
also i might add i knwo in my part of conway land all defered shipments come in and out of chicago.
and if i understand it right a train car wont leave till its full .so it may sit up there a couple of days to fill up .i could be wrong on that just what a shicaga-land driver told me.

conway deferred service is only offered to customers whom have shipments going to the left coast (ca,or, wa) also those shipments travel by rail so there is not definte time for service.it gets there when it gets there. using that service just tured your 3 and 4 day freight to 5 or 6 day freight.
and shipments picked up here in my part of conway land go to chicago to get on the rail.

cse trucks still out there

ace wheel cat said:
am i right in saying that in the last 6 months or so i'm seeing fewer and fewer C.S.E. trucks on the road. i mentioned this to a co-worker of mine and he agrees. used to see several at a time traveling together, niow i'm looking and see maybe 1 a day. when C.F. was around the C.S.E. trucks were everywhere. am i wrong about this?I need a C.S.E. driver to set me straight.
I'm out of NKX - our runs are down but not out. We run 35 to 40 daytime linehaul runs regularlly. Our road trucks (new) & a lot of trailers don't have markings on them since they are changing over to new style logo (Blue script Con-way and mutli blue stripes) -- You may be passing us by and not know it. (NEW TO BOARDS )