When was it the best?

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by Bigtea2k4, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Bigtea2k4

Bigtea2k4 Active Member

What era of the company did you like working for??? CF, CCX, Con-Way or Xpo?

2. sucker666

sucker666 Well-Known Member

CCX during the time CF was our sister company. The company felt the need to compensate us in order to keep the union out . It was the the only period in time they treated us good. When they put down CF thats when the downfall started. They felt the union threat was a thing of the past in all certainty and the taking commenced. Those that did not work for the company at that time have no idea of the difference in attitude of the company towards us . We had a career back them and the company promoted it as such. Now you have a job and Xpo reminds you all the time it’s no more than that.
    CCX maintained its fleet and buildings and reinvested into the company . They strived to be the best and thought about the future. The employees felt as if they belong to something sustainable and with a future.
    Now under Xpo none of that exist. You feel as if we’re being drained of our future by greed. Nothing matters any longer but the stock price. There’s one goal that matters and that’s to enrich Brad Jacobs . This is the reason no one is happy any longer. From upper management to the bottom it’s apparent that we no longer truly matter.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  3. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

Early 2000’s under Conway. 3500 icp. Good ole days.

4. sucker666

This joker doesn’t even know what a real skin in the game incentive bonus is.

5. dalesr

dalesr Well-Known Member

When I started in 2004, $10/wk insurance (I hear it was no employee paid premium before that), better bonus, split in half and paid out twice a year. Ten sick days/yr. Comany funded pension. These were just some of the tangible benefits that I remember, not to mention the cookouts, party’s etc. Now, I agree with most, it’s just a job.

6. Bigtea2k4

Bigtea2k4 Active Member

Damn all this time I thought you guys were happy and had no major issues and thought you guys were getting treated better than before. Sorry to hear things aren’t getting better.

7. sucker666

Some guys are content no matter what they take or how bad it gets.

Bigtea2k4 likes this.
  8. trucknfool

trucknfool Well-Known Member

CSE started going to the Dogs when they merged Us With (CSW ) Con-way South West. Management was a joke there and it got progressively worse as time went by.

sucker666 likes this.
  9. WiggleWagondrvr

WiggleWagondrvr It Is All About ME.

The biggest part of "best" for me is pay. Cook outs and Christmas parties don't rank high on my list for best times. This is a job. Period. Almost six figures in this part of the country makes this the "best" for me. XPO.

10. dalesr

dalesr Well-Known Member

And I get that. I’m not here for the burgers either. Many feel the same way. I’m not here to socialize, but I think the lack of “little things” speaks volumes. Just my opinion.

11. snaildriver

snaildriver Retired

The first 10 years were good. Things started going downhill when Dougie took over the top spot.

12. trucknfool

trucknfool Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree with this!!

ole man and sucker666 like this.
  13. ole man

ole man Well-Known Member

Same here! Actually when we went with blue paint!

dalesr, trucknfool and ROUGHBOY like this.
  14. The magician

The magician Active Member

Don't forget the table cloth shirts...

15. sucker666

[​IMG]
    OMG ! We looked like Howdy Doody .
    omg we looked like Howdy Doody clones .. the :shit: we been through the years. Sometimes I think they sat back in the board room laughing as they made this stuff up.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    trucknfool likes this.
  16. sucker666

I can’t wait for spring spruce up time!

Oh well at least we felt like we were part of something back then. Times have changed

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    sportsman800, prezars and trucknfool like this.
  17. pltjack

pltjack My posts are for poor entertainment only!

We had a supervisor that would take a weeks vacation just so he would not have to show up for spring spruce up.
    I did not show up either.

18. pimpjuice

pimpjuice Active Member

Tell us what is then. I'm sure alot of drivers want to know