Holland | When will Holland close?

Fake News

TB Regular
Credits
Listen, i really hope i'm wrong, but rumors are all over the place that Holland will close. Anyone remember Preston?? Just when they were told they were finally making money, Yellow closed them. From what i hear, Holland is losing lots of money. True it is probably because of YRC'S creative accounting practices, but if the coroporate big shots want Holland gone, they'll be gone. Like i said, i hope i'm more wrong on this one then i've ever been.

Listen, i really hope i'm wrong, but rumors are all over the place that Holland will close. Anyone remember Preston?? Just when they were told they were finally making money, Yellow closed them. From what i hear, Holland is losing lots of money. True it is probably because of YRC'S creative accounting practices, but if the corporate big shots what Holland gone, they'll be gone. Like i said, i hope i'm more wrong on this one then i've ever been.

Maybe they will maybe they won't. Maybe we'll all be out of a job here soon, but do you honestly think someone here knows when that would happen. Rumors are exactly that....rumors. Zollars and company DO NOT talk to road drivers, hostlers, p&d guys, dock men or any other insignificant employees out in Overland Park. When he decides to close them or anyone else for that matter we will all find out at the same time. Give it a rest and quit worrying about crap we have no control over. If you are that worried then start looking for a new job. You are not going to find any top secret breaking company news here.

Maybe they will maybe they won't. Maybe we'll all be out of a job here soon, but do you honestly think someone here knows when that would happen. Rumors are exactly that....rumors. Zollars and company DO NOT talk to road drivers, hostlers, p&d guys, dock men or any other insignificant employees out in Overland Park. When he decides to close them or anyone else for that matter we will all find out at the same time. Give it a rest and quit worrying about crap we have no control over. If you are that worried then start looking for a new job. You are not going to find any top secret breaking company news here.

Did i say i was worried? No. Concerned for my brothers at Holland, Yes. In case you didn't get the memo, this is a message board where people talk about all kinds of things. If you don't like the topic, ignore it.........

NO NO NO NO NO and NO!!

Holland will not close! Holland will not close any more than Yellow or Roadway! Guys and Gals (rope that steer and bring m down!!) Don't you know the anti union bosses and share holders who have invested in 'us' and who are running (ruining) 'our' YRC companies love to hear us being down on ourselves? Let's 'stick together' and 'GO DOWN' together'!!! (If WE go down at all)!!:popcorn:

Holland is hurting. The network was designed to focus on Michigan, Ohio and Indiana in order to support the auto industry. Anybody heard how the US auto industry is doing lately?

That said, Holland has changed the network to focus on areas of the country with better growth (or right now, less shrinkage).

As for them closing, who knows. I guess I'm one of those insignificant people in Overland Park.

CorpOffice

Holland is hurting. The network was designed to focus on Michigan, Ohio and Indiana in order to support the auto industry. Anybody heard how the US auto industry is doing lately?

That said, Holland has changed the network to focus on areas of the country with better growth (or right now, less shrinkage).

As for them closing, who knows. I guess I'm one of those insignificant people in Overland Park.

CorpOffice

I think the most recent COO will help Holland, it kinda takes them back to how they operated before YRC got a hold of them. Back to Yellow/ Roadway do you have any info on our damage claims? I have noticed on my route that my damage notations have dropped alot in the last couple of months. Is that a system trend?

let me see here.

rust belt regional overnight carrier.

2 large national carriers trying to get into regional lanes.

holland has a lot better business model (no breakbulks entirely direct loading) than YELLOW or ROADWAY but, in the wrong region.

why not try to make R and YELLOW more like holland and focus holland in better areas.

good thinkin' huh.

now all we got to do is hang on 'til the economy turns and follow the growth.

pretty clever huh.

a lot of old line shippers aint goin' to be here after the storm so we got to be ready for the new shippers and offer them the service they need.

Back to Yellow/ Roadway do you have any info on our damage claims? I have noticed on my route that my damage notations have dropped alot in the last couple of months. Is that a system trend?

In Portland Me. we changed the way we handle OS&D notations on BL's. Before we write anything on the BL we call dispatch and discuss what to write. This is a new system to us. I have noticed that the freight seems to be a little less mashed up lately. Lower volume means frieight not bulldozed into trailers? I can't say what happens on a Breakbulk docks, never worked one. I've toiled away in poh-dunk Maine, the cultural hub of the universe, my entire career at Yellow, Yellow-Roadway, YRCW, or whatever they call us these days.

CorpOffice

Makes perfect sense to me.
Thanks for the post!

Let's 'stick together' and 'GO DOWN' together'!!!

I'm not "going down" with you. The Waiver wire was full, YRCW was up against the Salary Cap, so YRCW granted me Free Agency to test the market! :1036316054:

(That's my story;...I'm NOT viewing it as Laid -off!) I haven't figured out why they didn't use the Franchise Player designation on me??????:biglaugh: :hysterical:

I'm not "going down" with you. The Waiver wire was full, YRCW was up against the Salary Cap, so YRCW granted me Free Agency to test the market!

(That's my story;...I'm NOT viewing it as Laid -off!) I haven't figured out why they didn't use the Franchise Player designation on me??????:biglaugh: :hysterical:

LMFAO That's very funny great way to look at it.:hysterical::hysterical:

Did i say i was worried? No. Concerned for my brothers at Holland, Yes. In case you didn't get the memo, this is a message board where people talk about all kinds of things. If you don't like the topic, ignore it.........

Actually, concerned is a synonym for worried, so yes you just said you were worried. Which makes my initial post correct and your follow up a bunch of crap. Maybe you should try the Holland Forum for info about. . . . Holland and then maybe you could arrange a campfire gathering where you and the people you are worried about can hold hands and pray for better days. Just a thought. And yes I'm totally serious not one bit of sarcasm here.....:hysterical:

A company can wright a loss for 5 years before they have to make profit most of the time. Roadway was bought in 2003 merger 5 years later. Then USF in 2005 merger or worst in 2010.

CorpOffice

Hurting? As in YRC creative accounting? You can only suck so much blood out of it.

When will Holland close?

Gosabres, you should be ashamed of yourself! This thread of yours is wrong on so many levels that I don't know where to begin. I'll start by questioning your solidarity to the union, and your loyalty to your Teamster brothers, or rather your lack thereof. Do you think your little disclaimer at the beginning of your post makes it ok (morally) to make a post about about a company's demise, on a widely read forum such as this? Not to mention, about another union company, and one that is part of your very own company. May I suggest that you relinquish your union card (if you even have one), and persue a career as a FedEx or Estes salesman, as you would fit right in over there, as adept as you are about propigating rumors about a company's demise. Moderators: are threads of this nature even allowed here? Can anybody just go around posting inuendos about a company closing? I havn't been to this website for a while, and now I remember why.