Holland | When will Holland close?

I still say that the Holland family should buy back the company. USF was operating much better under the ownership of the Holland family before Yellow got their hands on them.

Would that be the TNT holland's or the USF holland's or are you refering to the National Transit Hollands

Or perhaps the Michigan Hollands

If you think this has,nt been in the works for a long time, I have some land in the middle of lake Michigan for sale. This give-back was in the works when they were negociating the contract, why do you think they did'nt touch the benifits or the money, they wanted the ultility drivers and velocity centers and knew they would be coming back for the give-back before year end.

Holland Being Thrown the the Wolves?

There's a good reason why ibt is rushing to negotiate a giveback and if anyone thinks YRC and Holland are going down together that is wishful thinking. this giveback is needed NOW to keep HOLLAND afloat...YRCW will shut Holland down to squeeze every last drop of equity out to finance the integration that they are spending millions on at YRC, not to mention the millions they're spending on new terminals and equipment for YRC Logistics. A HOLLAND closure may provide the facilities and equipment YRC Logistics needs. A NO vote is a vote to close HOLLAND. As a Roadway road driver i'll be voting to keep the doors open.
The expression "being thrown to the wolves" is said to have originated because when a loaded sleigh was being pursued by wolves, a passenger would be thrown off (sacrificed) so the rest might live...

Even if we do take the giveback, we will be making over $19.00 per hour a whole lot more than the $10.00 or $12.00 per hour well be make if they close the doors. Plus we keep our benifits, try to get benifits from the $10.00 to $12.00 an hour companies. Think positive, Holland is still the best company in the world to work for. Be thankful for being able to work for a good company.
McDonalds pays you that much to flip burgers!

call ur union leaders and let them know that a give back will not be acceptable.
If this thing goes through, non-union drivers will be laughing in our faces and their faces as well.
I do agree that our union leaders need to be replaced from top down to last man on the totem pole.

Believe me:nutkick: there pay cuts will be right behind us,only they don't get to vote on it...:TR10driving03:

i retired from cols oh term 1 1/2 years ago after 24 years of service and was tired of people making comments about the history of holland that they did not know anything about

There's a good reason why ibt is rushing to negotiate a giveback and if anyone thinks YRC and Holland are going down together that is wishful thinking. this giveback is needed NOW to keep HOLLAND afloat...YRCW will shut Holland down to squeeze every last drop of equity out to finance the integration that they are spending millions on at YRC, not to mention the millions they're spending on new terminals and equipment for YRC Logistics. A HOLLAND closure may provide the facilities and equipment YRC Logistics needs. A NO vote is a vote to close HOLLAND. As a Roadway road driver i'll be voting to keep the doors open.
The expression "being thrown to the wolves" is said to have originated because when a loaded sleigh was being pursued by wolves, a passenger would be thrown off (sacrificed) so the rest might live...

Even if the Company gets these concessions, why would they keep Holland? If YRC is in real trouble they will take the concessions to improve liquidity and close Holland regardless. Then the others will be at less pay. Will you ever see that pay again? How long will YRC last without Holland? I would say not very long. YRC will be stuck with the unfunded liability of Holland. What will your pension be worth then? You cannot blame mismanagement and bad mergers on the economy, it is just a contributing factor that sped up the inevitable. What will the next excuse be to get more of your money? Remember, Your working conditions were traded for a "large" pay increase in April. Now you will lose both. If you are willing to throw anyone to the Wolves, you now nothing of Brotherhood or being a Teamster.

There is nothing left to squeeze.They have bled it dry?:nutkick:

keeping holland

Even if the Company gets these concessions, why would they keep Holland? If YRC is in real trouble they will take the concessions to improve liquidity and close Holland regardless. Then the others will be at less pay. Will you ever see that pay again? How long will YRC last without Holland? I would say not very long. YRC will be stuck with the unfunded liability of Holland. What will your pension be worth then? You cannot blame mismanagement and bad mergers on the economy, it is just a contributing factor that sped up the inevitable. What will the next excuse be to get more of your money? Remember, Your working conditions were traded for a "large" pay increase in April. Now you will lose both. If you are willing to throw anyone to the Wolves, you now nothing of Brotherhood or being a Teamster.

I am not sure just how the tax stuff works but I think YRC can write Holland off for 5 years we still have2 to go so we are still a asset to YRC at least for now.
I may be wrong on the time frame.