TForce | When will union drive bye ?

Skull, these things don't happen overnight(no pun intended). This will be a campaign that will build over time but just remember that good things come to those who wait.
There may even be activity with people at your terminal right now but you just don't know about it yet. Hang tight

I think every local has a UPS B.A.. I think they have a start up plan. They have a battle to fight when it"s over let me know I"ll stick my head out and see what way there running if they win maybe to fedex if they loose maybe hotel cleaners

skull said:
I think every local has a UPS B.A.. I think they have a start up plan. They have a battle to fight when it"s over let me know I"ll stick my head out and see what way there running if they win maybe to fedex if they loose maybe hotel cleaners

Not every local has a UPS BA.
Some locals are strictly for certain areas of the trade, like brewery, bakery, even highwaymen or freight handlers.

Some locals are just strictly UPS also.

Every local is differrnt and operated independently.

As far as a plan, that would come from the International Organizing Committee. Their hands are tied as to what they can and can't not do.

Most importantly is YOU as Overnite/UPSF employees must start the ball rolling.

DO NOT WAIT FOR THE LOCALS TO COME TO YOU

They can't do that. You must want to be organized, show an interest in being helped by the organizers, and in most cases meeting between employees and organizers happen before any cards are signed at all.

There are other threads in this forum that will get you the info on certain locals and what to do.

As far as fleeing to FedEx or becoming a maid, what's the difference, you still insinuate you will leave OVNT/USPF reguardless or thier labor status.

Waiting is not the answer, action is.

You've seen your bennies. I haven't heard one good word about them yet. This is one of the things people were waiting for.
UPS will not make it all better, believe me.

I have supported the OVNT unionization drive in the past, more importantly I've supported the individauls involved and will continue to support them. I've stood side by side with them at rallies and info picket lines.
You guys have to fight for what you think is right or wrong, I will support that and be honored to help anyone out.

PM me if you have any questions or need a local to contact or even a BA's name. I'll get it for you.

Do it now while the weather is nice, its sucks doing this ralling and picket stuff in the cold, I'm getting to old and my arthur-right-iss is kicking up.

Later T251

if they win maybe to fedex if they loose maybe hotel cleaners
I didnt understand that line. If the Teamster's win, which means you win.
Unless, your saying you feel your work there will be done, then must move on to FDX to help organize them next. Yeeaaaaa, I think that's it:cool:

Thanks for the info 251. I'm only one vote of thousands. I know a bit about teamsters. Like him or not old man Hoffa did alot for truck drivers

Krash I was wondering whats going to happen to the teamster's drive win or loose. I was thinking out loud.

skull said:
Like him or not old man Hoffa did alot for truck drivers
Skull, that is one of the biggest understatements ever. Hoffa Sr. singlehandedly moved truck drivers into the middle class, It all began when he negotiated the first NMFA.

It's nice to see others recognize his accomplishments

Good luck to you

skull said:
Does anybody know how or when the vote will happen. Who is in charge?
What vote r u talking about u didn't read the other notes .all u need to do is get 50% plus 1 cards signed at ur terminal and the teamsters can file them on ur behalf.We are tryin to get the same thing Menlo guys got a CHECK CARD status..:duh:

just-me said:
What vote r u talking about u didn't read the other notes .all u need to do is get 50% plus 1 cards signed at ur terminal and the teamsters can file them on ur behalf.We are tryin to get the same thing Menlo guys got a CHECK CARD status..:duh:

just-me, just an FYI for you. There are many Menlo/UPS Cartage drivers that are already Teamsters and have been for years. I don't know the percentage but they are out there

skull said:
Thanks for the info 251. I'm only one vote of thousands. I know a bit about teamsters. Like him or not old man Hoffa did alot for truck drivers

Krash I was wondering whats going to happen to the teamster's drive win or loose. I was thinking out loud.
as long as there's TEAMSTERS,THERE'S HOFFA!JIMMY did more for working people in this country than anyone ever did. HE won drivers and dockworkers respect,dignity,pride,ad pensions,free heath & medical care,and many other things.the truckdriver or dockman,or warehouseman,went from guys with strong backs and weak minds,the general publics perception of us,to being 'king of the road'.JIMMY's memory should always be Honered & RESPECTED for the great many things he accompolished for hard working people. p.s. nospinzone,how's that for 'the IBT'S lack of integrity':moon2: :bigfinger: JIMMY & THE IBT have more INTEGRITY than you corporate apwa mook's ever thought of:nutkick: :biglaugh:that goes for skillman,eason too,2 of the biggest MOOK'S around,they wish they had 1 sliver of HOFFA'S & THE IBT'S INTEGRITY/AND CAHONIES!

skull said:
There is a lot of talk I think people are waiting to see the package from either side.
If you wanna see the package from the union side, you might as well call a local union hall and ask them for the master freight agreement, cause thats what you'll almost definitely get. Only other thing would be the incorporation of your retirement into ours. Probably a choice of a straight up years of service into ours, or keep your current and freeze it, and start over in ours. Thats just a guess.

T251

You forget that ol'skeet is pleased as punch with it all... So you can't say no one likes it... Oh yeah and dvr49 also.... Just helpin ya not mis represent yourself.... And get them all fired up at ya.....

I'm pleased so far....
no88-sm.gif
But it is still early....
upsdog.jpg

just-me said:
what is a CHECK CARD status??

mud-flap said:
what is a CHECK CARD status??

It sort of like being protected.

Once you sign and are recognized as being under card check status, you can't be fired at will.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong ( I highly doubt it, but there's always a first time)

T251

Teamster251 said:
It sort of like being protected.
Once you sign and are recognized as being under card check status, you can be fired at will.T251
T,
Didn't you mean to say they can't be fired at will?