Where are all the NASCAR fans?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Apostolic, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

I don't think Waltrip had much say in the shutdown of MWR. Kaufman controlled the money. I think Kaufman lost interest in MWR when Boyer was told to cause a caution trying to get Truex into the chase. It cost them the long time NAPA sponsorship and the third team..................Like so many other millionaires Kaufman just sold off the assets and bought in somewhere else. In this case it was Ganassi racing.

I suppose I'll watch some of todays race because of all the Gordon hype.............Now Stewart says he'll be available to sub next year. I guess the word retirement doesn't mean very much anymore .

2. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

WOW, there sure are a lot of empty seats today. It looks like an Xfinity race size crowd

xchief likes this.
  3. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

A NASCAR official commented on the empty seats. One report said there were less than 50K fans there in the 250k capacity seating. I think they have tried to make the fans be politically correct like they have the drivers & officials. Race fans think for themselves. NASCAR may need the millions they paid Jesse Jackson for the shakedown to pay expenses.