Where are all the old RedStar guys

I'm another one Peabody, Ma. just north of boston. retired out of the boston terminal (billerica) in 1998. got out a few years before the ax fell. was a good company to work for.

I remember when I first started trucking.I drove for a company called star delivery and transfer out of Morton ill1991.I pulled into a redstar terminal in new York.near the city.a pretty big terminal.I mustve raised a bunch a hell amongst the guys there.because the company I worked for had all white trucks and trailers and one big red star on the trailer.I pulled into the terminal for directions to a customer...I think it was cotter and sons

Sent from my Garminfone using Tapatalk

In Florida

I worked out of 88 term, moved to Fl after we went out. Started a new career miss the guys and the fun. But like they say all good things come to an end.

Hey i am here also 18 allentown carried over to holland and now at abf miss the people and freinds at red star, they alway's destroy the good companies!

2f12854194j
Glory days!

Started at Norristown. . the country club. in 89. change of operation in 95. went to Allentown.
were good years.
managed 15 years.
Just when i was to get my 4th week vac. then along came Hoffa and friends,
Did 5 at Holland- ( theres a story there) ended up at New Penn.
YRC still screwing things up. retirement is beckening, Miss the Red Star years,
close bunch of guys,

I made a good living on Teamster jobs for 41. Started on a 478 job in Newark NJ in 1969. Went to Red Star in North Bergen in 1977. I had 27 good years there until Hoffa shut us down. I went from N. Bergen to Edison then we opened Newark. Worked there until we opened Lakewood. From there they moved us to S. Brunswick and then back to Newark. After the shutdown I was fortunate to be hired at ABF in Avenel for 6 years until I retired in 2010...........Red Star was a great job when it was privately owned. But after the TNT/USF takeover things went slowly downhill.

then you probably remember Sal Emma and Russ D. They were out there too. When i was there our big account was IBM. my dispatcher was Tommy Stamm
Sure I remember them. I had ran JFK and the brokers before I started at Red Star in 77. The Kodak loads were plum jobs for the senior drivers. But the head dispatcher , Ernie H, was happy to have me for the peddle loads when I worked. I walked a lot of days back then but the steward Bobby M always seemed to find some work for us at other 560 jobs.