Central Transport | Where are our trucks?

vijax

TB Lurker
Credits
at my terminal half the fleet is gone. we use 3 different repair shops,international,and 2 independent shops. between the 3 of them,they have 13 of our trucks. vitran hasnt paid them since sept of 2012. one shop is owed $25,000. he said no money no trucks. international is over $50,000. they said same thing. looks like the big V doesnt believe in paying their bills. i guess thats why we are sending 5 drivers a day home because there is nothing to drive. freight sits on the floor waiting for delivery and pick ups sit in the back of trailers for days . hard to chase greatness when you dont have a truck to do it in. lol.

at my terminal half the fleet is gone. we use 3 different repair shops,international,and 2 independent shops. between the 3 of them,they have 13 of our trucks. vitran hasnt paid them since sept of 2012. one shop is owed $25,000. he said no money no trucks. international is over $50,000. they said same thing. looks like the big V doesnt believe in paying their bills. i guess thats why we are sending 5 drivers a day home because there is nothing to drive. freight sits on the floor waiting for delivery and pick ups sit in the back of trailers for days . hard to chase greatness when you dont have a truck to do it in. lol.
Let me just say this....As long as your getting paid who gives a fu**...Don't concern yourself with things that are out of your control.

when im made to stay home a day each week, it concerns my paycheck.i dont get paid for days off the company gives me. because theres nothing to drive.
Let me just say this....As long as your getting paid who gives a fu**...Don't concern yourself with things that are out of your control.

Since we all were hired to drive, deliver, pickup and put up with there bull****, there should be trucks in good roadworthy condition. If they can not provide for us to do our jobs. They should at least be paying 4 hours just for showing up on time. I think that is a required by law.

bet you they want to burn up your pto and vacation days when they keep you home, even though it's an excused absence.

Since we all were hired to drive, deliver, pickup and put up with there bull****, there should be trucks in good roadworthy condition. If they can not provide for us to do our jobs. They should at least be paying 4 hours just for showing up on time. I think that is a required by law.

depends on your state, but not federal law. that is wrote into most union contracts i know of

its not a law, that is something negotiated on a contract

they asked me to i said no,but its still in the time clock unexcused. i told them it needs to be changed to their term carrier convience.
bet you they want to burn up your pto and vacation days when they keep you home, even though it's an excused absence.

there is no law like that

and you know this because you are so in the loop they tell and show you evertything