Yellow | Where can you get cheap temp digs in Chicago?

Vwaggs

TB Veteran
Credits
Hi all, looks like my cousins got a job out of CGB. Is there anywhere he can get a cheap place to stay, until he gets established? I know the View will sometimes work w/local drivers, but think he wants something more permanently temporary like weekly cheap.
I know some team drivers over there group rent apartments, anyone know of someone looking for another split? He is the quiet, neat and tidy type. Thx for any thoughts or suggestions.

I think that it is $32 per day over at the Days Inn (the other motel). If you share with another driver, it is around $40.

Seems like a pretty economical way to do things. We have a couple of drivers here in STL that live so far away that while they're on the board they stay at the hotel with the foreign drivers until they get their trips in to take off.

I have also heard one of ours rents a cabin at a KOA on the east side for around $300 per month. I had been staying in St Louis Co when it was busy. The first time I tried to use the Millenium there was a sign saying that they wanted to rent me a parking space for $16, and once they found out I was a STL driver they were suddenly sold out. (There was a college band tournament in town, but they had a room until they found out they couldn't charge me rack rate)