ABF | Where did the freight go!!!!!

gravytrain1

ABF Road Driver
Credits
on the bottom of the board in Nas, been sitting home all week!!! I hope the next 4 months are not like this...If so I will have to look for work with another company!!!!

Hang in there, Brother. Maybe you could ask to run the road on weekends,.........or see if there's another ABF terminal near enough to drive to that might also call you if your primary terminal isn't working you.

yBS80Da.jpg

Portland 145 needs a couple of road drivers. They have 5 or 6 sleepers that run to San Bernardino and back and your seniority might place you on one, but hey! work is work! Check it out.... You would probably have to move yourself and go in @ the bottom of the board until bid time though. Local 81 in portland could probably tell you. It is amazing how consistently busy the I-5 corridor is right now. Portland is a break-bulk/DC, and feeds freight to several terminals in Oregon and Washington.

Last edited:
Just my opinion since I don't work at ABF but at YRC.With the three quarters of a million dollars YRC owes us members for going over PTS and rail.Something similar isn't happening at ABF.

I have run very good this week, I ran all weekend .... out of hours.... it good to have some spending money!!!!

Good deal, Brother. Make as much as you can. Probably a little dry spell around Christmas, but with all the retirees, you should be sitting good around April.

Where did the freight go? In Indy it went to Mexico. The Rexnord plant in Indianapolis, a machine tool & die maker announced it was moving to Mexico putting 350 people out of work by April 2017. Union Steel Workers have had labor peace for a long time @ this plant.

Carrier a division of United Technologies announced 2 months ago it was moving to Mexico. Putting 1500 United Steel workers on the street.

Both companies, especially Rexnord said they went south for cheaper labor. That is where & why you have less freight. Von.

Where did the freight go? In Indy it went to Mexico. The Rexnord plant in Indianapolis, a machine tool & die maker announced it was moving to Mexico putting 350 people out of work by April 2017. Union Steel Workers have had labor peace for a long time @ this plant.

Carrier a division of United Technologies announced 2 months ago it was moving to Mexico. Putting 1500 United Steel workers on the street.

Both companies, especially Rexnord said they went south for cheaper labor. That is where & why you have less freight. Von.

Amazon dried up at 184. t.m. sent back rental vans. Not sure what is going on.
How many warehouses does Amazon have in your area? In Indy they have 5 buildings totaling about 4.5 million square feet. And another 400,000 square foot building run by Con-Way Logistics. At one time ABF Indy was getting 300 bills a night on outbound. They have lost half of that. All due to pricing. For 2 cents a box most shippers will switch to a different carrier. The carriers that damage the least amount of freight & hit the delivery window are the ones that stick around. von.