ABF | Where did the freight go!!!!!

I wouldn't want a single pay healthcare system here. If the government touches it, it's corrupt! Prove me wrong. Most of those countries pay 50% or more in taxes also.
I believe that I pay 50% or more in taxes 'til all is said and done.

I cannot believe people as intelligent as you want the government to control something as important as your health care. Look at veterans care issues compared to my health care purchased in the market place. These are same people who run usps. Long lines for drs and death panels. Sounds like a communists dream. No thanks

If you go on LDS trucking site under carriers...it says "looking for carriers".

You own them now.
Good chance that some freight which could've been yours is going there maybe?
And where is Hoffa?
Petitioning DC for equal pay for women? Or OT for salaried bosses?
Don't worry. We got it.

I cannot believe people as intelligent as you want the government to control something as important as your health care. Look at veterans care issues compared to my health care purchased in the market place. These are same people who run usps. Long lines for drs and death panels. Sounds like a communists dream. No thanks
My apologies to those on ABF forum. This should be in the politics section, not by non ABF guy on your room

OK let's look at veterans health, no copay, no deductible, no maximum benefits, little (I think it is 8.00) to no prescription fee. I have been a VA patient for about 10 years, I can tell you without a doubt that things that go on at private hospitals won't and don't fly at the VA. There is nothing happing at ant VA that doesn't happen at any other hospital in the country. That said tell me your experience at the VA, not what you read or heard, tell me your firsthand experience.

My apologies to those on ABF forum. This should be in the politics section, not by non ABF guy on your room

It's all right, Brother. You did start off right by complementing us by calling us "intelligent"
Hey,.....that scores points in my book!

I was spending a lot of time in the political forum, but I'm afraid it depresses me by arguing with guys who want to back up their facts with internet memes............Good Grief!.......

You can find any "proof" you want on the internet for your argument.........but the "litmus test" there....is it logical and makes sense?..........seems to go right out the window........I prefer to vote.......and make serious life choices, for that matter,..........with my eyes,........not my ears.

Just because someone is saying something in a LOUD, ANGRY voice.......
..does not make it true....
You should research the facts. And apply the "litmus test" about logic.....

Unfortunately this election, many people will vote based on anger, outrage , emotion and conspiracy,

I prefer cold facts and logic.

OK let's look at veterans health, no copay, no deductible, no maximum benefits, little (I think it is 8.00) to no prescription fee. I have been a VA patient for about 10 years, I can tell you without a doubt that things that go on at private hospitals won't and don't fly at the VA. There is nothing happing at ant VA that doesn't happen at any other hospital in the country. That said tell me your experience at the VA, not what you read or heard, tell me your firsthand experience.
I have none. Only 2nd hand info

It's all right, Brother. You did start off right by complementing us by calling us "intelligent"
Hey,.....that scores points in my book!

I was spending a lot of time in the political forum, but I'm afraid it depresses me by arguing with guys who want to back up their facts with internet memes............Good Grief!.......

You can find any "proof" you want on the internet for your argument.........but the "litmus test" there....is it logical and makes sense?..........seems to go right out the window........I prefer to vote.......and make serious life choices, for that matter,..........with my eyes,........not my ears.

Just because someone is saying something in a LOUD, ANGRY voice.......
..does not make it true....
You should research the facts. And apply the "litmus test" about logic.....

Unfortunately this election, many people will vote based on anger, outrage , emotion and conspiracy,

I prefer cold facts and logic.
Most of my strong feeling about this topic come from listening to people from UK and Canada speak of the difficulties in getting quality care or even care at all in their respective countries. They then go on to say that is the reason they came to US. Freedom from gov run disasters. To be fair, I have also heard from others from uk and Canada who like their nhc

Most of my strong feeling about this topic come from listening to people from UK and Canada speak of the difficulties in getting quality care or even care at all in their respective countries. They then go on to say that is the reason they came to US. Freedom from gov run disasters. To be fair, I have also heard from others from uk and Canada who like their nhc
I have a deep rooted distrust of people in power and their desire to keep it at all costs.

The government running health care ? No thanks, they screw up everything they touch. Where are the shovel ready jobs from the stimulus package ? you know, to fix the roads and bridges . Where did that money go? what was it 880 some odd billion dollars ? They are not accountable for any mess they make, they just move on and make you pay more in taxes, no biggie. When the plan fails ,the planners keep on planning.

Single payer is different than what Canada and UK have. Single payer is just Medicare for all. Hospitals and doctors offices are all private. I believe the Canadian and UK system the government owns the hospitals and employs the doctors.
You say in a previous post you don't want to the government making decisions on your health, and I totally see where you're coming from. But right now the ones that are making the decisions on people's healthcare are CEOS whose only motive is to suck as much money from you as possible. They use your health and well being to accomplish this.

I'm all for private enterprise and the private sector owning the means of commerce. But I also believe the crude ethics of business and profit should not be applied to healthcare.
If you have a problem with the product of a company you can boycott them. When you have a problem with healthcare services you pay up or get sick and die. It gives too much power over people.

Single payer is different than what Canada and UK have. Single payer is just Medicare for all. Hospitals and doctors offices are all private. I believe the Canadian and UK system the government owns the hospitals and employs the doctors.
You say in a previous post you don't want to the government making decisions on your health, and I totally see where you're coming from. But right now the ones that are making the decisions on people's healthcare are CEOS whose only motive is to suck as much money from you as possible. They use your health and well being to accomplish this.

I'm all for private enterprise and the private sector owning the means of commerce. But I also believe the crude ethics of business and profit should not be applied to healthcare.
If you have a problem with the product of a company you can boycott them. When you have a problem with healthcare services you pay up or get sick and die. It gives too much power over people.
Correct on the govt owning and running the hospitals up here.

A very good post!

I think the freight you guys are used to seeing cross your dock is over @ Fed-Ex right now being loaded on to an outbound trailer. Just a guess, but, after missing the pick ups @ one of your best customer 3 days in a row, the question now is, YRC who? Keep in mind ABF is not innocent either when it comes to not picking up freight 2 or 3 days in a row. When you make you last delivery @ 2:30 pm & your 1st pick up is 30 miles away & they close @ 3pm ya gonna lose customers. Just the nature of the beast. von.
I don't believe by any means that ABF is innocent,as a matter of factI think whats going on is downright criminal! I been around long enough to know what a shape hall is and we provided the company with as many men they needed ! You never gave freight away! I feel that companies especially ABF hides behind that so they can give away as much freight as they want! ABF has turned down men that are highly regarded as excellent drivers by the national driving awards some have received after being turned down by ABF.One even headed up a haz-mat training program at his home terminal.

145 Portland hasn't slowed and we still have all of our 9-10 casuals working and I believe we have 49 on the board...
If you can't find more freight, all you have to do is pull over a Panther, Jb Hunt, Werner, or Fed-Ex trailer & pop the doors & wa la. Now you know where the freight went. C note say you will even find Pro Stickers on that freight, cause we were short handed that day because dispatch forgot to call everyone in. Trying to save on that OT.von.

If you can't find more freight, all you have to do is pull over a Panther, Jb Hunt, Werner, or Fed-Ex trailer & pop the doors & wa la. Now you know where the freight went. C note say you will even find Pro Stickers on that freight, cause we were short handed that day because dispatch forgot to call everyone in. Trying to save on that OT.von.
Or it could be, at least in IND's case, that several drivers decided to take advantage of that little known local rule that allows an employee to have one unexcused absence every 30 days without receiving any disciplinary action from the company. When that happens, you're gonna miss pick ups, delay outbound loads, etc. just sayin...