Where do you foresee trucking technology going in the next 10 years?

roadscholar88

TB Lurker
Credits
Where do you foresee trucking technology going in the next 10 years? Thoughts about “Uber for Trucking” and the “Self-Driving Truck?” What's next? Freightliner & Daimler’s “Inspiration” truck became the first self-driving commercial truck in the world to have full license to operate on public roads. Cargomatic, Keychain Logistics, DashHaul, and more have dug into the “Uber for Trucking” platform.

When I either retire or get out of trucking sooner, I'll nary care about trucking, and truck drivers and the trucking lifestyle. I'll nary care about rules, regulations, laws, and halfassed truckers strikes. I'll nary worry or think about pay, benefits, equipment, roads, tolls, and lot lizard's.

Technology will advance at whatever pace it will. It's in our cars and has been for years. It's in our homes, and has been for years. Just like everything else trucking related, trucking is behind the times, from oh about 30 years ago. If the airline industry were as slow as the trucking industry, we'd all still be passengers on Teradyactiles.(sp?)

When they build a robot that can sort and segregate, I'm gonna go into the robot repair business.:6799:

Be better to buy stock. That way, you stay clean, while some lackeys you hire do all the dirty work. Maybe then too, you could pay them on a 1099, with NO benefits..........!!