Averitt | Where Has This Trailer Been Hiding

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
While in MFS this past Friday morning, I spoted this trailer parked in the outbound line. It's not in bad shape, still has the OLD stickers on it, it has the old mud flaps etc...here is the kicker..the LAST time this trailer had a DOT inspection ..BILL CLINTON was president....wonder what the story is? Did this get dropped off at a customer and forgot about, or impounded for some reason and finally released, I bet it has some story! Want to take bets that the next driver to hook to this will not even look at the inspection sticker. These old trailers were taken out of service and sold or junked a long time ago.

z7nrp.jpg

59tp9h.jpg

103buaq.jpg

Our storage trailers, are marked as such or have a u before the number, and the plate is removed...this still had the plate, this trailer and ones like it were still in service when I hired on. Why is it parked on the loaded outbound line. These were scrapped or sold at least 4 years ago.

Once again, trailer number 8013 shows "invalid trailer number" status, therefore it is out of service and unable to dispatch.

I saw that trailer on the MFS yard last week and wondered about it also...