where is all the money from the sun capital lawsuit????????

Discussion in 'Jevic Transportation' started by moonlighter, Nov 9, 2010.

1. moonlighter

moonlighter Member

where is the update

2. sjackson1368

sjackson1368 New Member

The money is going in to the pockets of the lawyers .

3. cap123ny

cap123ny New Member

Was there a settlement?

4. Jockey

Jockey Member

No settlement yet,.working to show Sun Capital responsible.Lawyers don't collect unless we do.

5. Local_Driver

Local_Driver Pyle People deliver

The last update was last summer, the discovery process was very long due to high number of employee's
    if I remeber there was some negoitiation between sides, but don't exspect to hear anything in the near future
    this will be a long time coming... Just never forget that this was all caused on behalf of Sun Capital, Dave Gorman, and Tim Cathers

6. Local_Driver

That is correct Jockey, the lawyer's fee's come from Sun Capital and not employee's.

7. Capt.Portafeed

Capt.Portafeed New Member

To all: I called our lawyers in November. They said that our case has moved from discovery to litigation. That's all they could tell me. No sign of a settlement yet. our lawyers Phone # :212-245-1000. Ask for the person handling the Jevic case.

8. Local_Driver

Thanks Capt, that's good update!! better then nothing.

9. headcover

headcover Member

I fell bad for you guys, still not having gotten your money. It was a great job that I enjoyed but when I noticed some changes I knew it was time to make a move.I got all my money and vacation pay really did not want to go but I am glad I did. Good luck in your recovery.

10. headcover

headcover Member

Ray I got a union job with Mill Corp on Tacony st not bad I run some Ma and Ri but most of the time NY NJ MD AND PA

11. racerx

racerx New Member

wonder why arrow trking closed just like jevic about one year ago and they are all ready getting money from warn act law suit and the lawyers we have cant get anything in 3 years

12. SavannahDan

SavannahDan New Member

November 28, 2010 from our lawyer Jack Reisner

Dan

Thanks for the inquiry – hope your Thanksgiving went well.

We have spent the past 3 months dealing with the competing New Jersey case. We are trying to square away the rights of our 145 class members who the Court ruled should be given a second chance to opt-out of our case if they wish to join that one. We are coming to the end of this delay and hope to be continuing down the litigation track as necessary once this is ironed out, and possibly returning to the table with Jevic and Sun Capital Partners.

13. wizzard-100

wizzard-100 Member

Nice to see it's still being worked on.

14. Local_Driver

UPDATE 3/31/11
    On May 21, 2008, Outten & Golden filed a WARN suit against Jevic Transportation, Inc., Jevic Holding Corp., Creek Road Properties, LLC, Sun Capital Partners, Inc. The suit has been certified as a class action. The class members are the approximately 1,800 former employees of Jevic Transportation who were terminated on or about May 19, 2008. The suit seeks to recover for each class member up to 60 days wages and benefits under the federal WARN Act and, if greater, up to one week of wages and benefits for each year worked under the New Jersey WARN Act for those who worked in New Jersey. The case is pending in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. It seeks these recoveries against both the Jevic estates and Sun Capital Partners, Inc.

The progress of the case, including settlement discussions, continues to be delayed in large part because of the other New Jersey litigation that has been filed. As you may recall, last year, the Delaware Court requested that we, as Class Counsel, mail a second notice of the class action to approximately 145 of our class members which NJ counsel had represented to the Delaware Court were part of the NJ lawsuit. We mailed notice again to these class members in December 2010. It then came to the attention of the Delaware Court that misinformation about the NJ suit had been communicated by NJ counsel to the 145 or so class members. The Delaware Court entered an order on March 8, 2011 requiring us, as Class Counsel, to send a third notice to the 145 or so class members, to determine whether these class members wished to remain members of our class. This time, however, the Delaware Court has prohibited counsel from initiating contact with those 145 or so class members. View the transcript of the March 8, 2011 Court hearing. We mailed this Re-Notice on March 18, 2011.

15. SavannahDan

SavannahDan New Member

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your email. Below please find the latest update of the Jevic WARN class action suit:

The progress of the case, including settlement discussions, continues to be delayed in large part because of the other New Jersey litigation that has been filed. As you may recall, last year, the Delaware Court requested that we, as Class Counsel, mail a second notice of the class action to approximately 145 of our class members which NJ counsel had represented to the Delaware Court were part of the NJ lawsuit. We mailed notice again to these class members in December 2010. It then came to the attention of the Delaware Court that misinformation about the NJ suit had been communicated by NJ counsel to the 145 or so class members. The Delaware Court entered an order on March 8, 2011 requiring us, as Class Counsel, to send a third notice to the 145 or so class members, to determine whether these class members wished to remain members of our class. This time, however, the Delaware Court has prohibited counsel from initiating contact with those 145 or so class members. View the transcript of the March 8, 2011 Court hearing. We mailed this Re-Notice on March 18, 2011.

The last day for the NJ class to opt out was April 22nd, 2011. As soon as we have an update with the case we will be updating our website: Nationwide WARN Lawyers | New York WARN Act Lawyers | Mass Layoff New Jersey, Ohio, California

Thank you,

Sabrina Echegaray, Paralegal

Outten & Golden LLP

Advocates for workplace fairness

3 Park Avenue, 29th Floor

New York, N.Y. 10016

212-245-1000 Ext. 4386

212-977-4005 (F)

Employment Lawyers - New York, Westport, & Chicago : Outten & Golden LLP - Advocates for Workplace Fairness

16. KnuckleBuster

KnuckleBuster New Member

Timmy is at it again ! He is closing Branches down at his new job. Hey you guys should sew Gorman and Cathers . Get timmy off my back . Hes only had like 4 jobs since Jevic. The man can't stay any where more than 3 years. When are these companies going to wise up and stop hiring these losers. I think Gormans Resume reads about the same. All high Profile Positions getting the big bucks but short time only. Well anyway. You guys don't have your money and Timmy and Dave are out there just having a ball with new jobs every 1 to 3 years. does that make you feel all warm in side ??

17. SavannahDan

SavannahDan New Member

Jevic Update

This is the text sent to me just the other day:

Daniel,

The parties had a settlement meeting set for last week, which was rescheduled for later in the month due to a death in my family. We will send an update to the class on the outcome of the meeting.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,
    Rene'
    Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 12, 2011, at 10:57 PM, "Daniel Richards" <savannahdan@sbcglobal.net<mailto:savannahdan@sbcglobal.net>> wrote:

18. SavannahDan

SavannahDan New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your prompt response. The case is undergoing settlement discussions. As soon as we have a more precise update on the case we will be notifying the class.

Regards,

Sabrina Echegaray, Paralegal

Outten & Golden LLP

Advocates for workplace fairness

3 Park Avenue, 29th Floor

New York, N.Y. 10016

212-245-1000 Ext. 4386

212-977-4005 (F)

Employment Lawyers - New York, Westport, & Chicago : Outten & Golden LLP - Advocates for Workplace Fairness

19. Jockey

Jockey Member

Unfortunately this suit could have been settles long ago.Lawyer representing NJ case held everything up with constant objections and refiling of papers judge had already ruled against, he was working for his best interests not Jevic employees.Hopefully we might receive good news before Xmas.

20. Tinag

Tinag New Member

Lawsuit

I have a few questions. Is this the lawsuit from when the company closed thier doors and left alot of drivers jobless? Assuming its about the 401k plan. That being said, was it settled yet and if so when? If a driver passes away will his/her children be entitled to that money? tysm =)