Yellow | Where is everyone from?

Bird-Dog said:
I am from LCP and I am a dockworker with my CDL, too. I love this board and it is great to hear from everyone too. However, we have only been getting two days a week for the last couple months.....

What terminal do you work out of and what do you do?

Hey I'm LCP too City P&D:cool:

There's two names in that building. We deliver to Publisher's Group Warehouse, but I think we mainly pick-up for Advanced Marketing.

By the way, about 2 months ago, I delivered an Exact Express from Reno to a customer in Indy. Wish I could remember their name. I almost pm'd you to ask if you picked it up, but it got put off, and then forgotten.

jimmy g said:
There's two names in that building. We deliver to Publisher's Group Warehouse, but I think we mainly pick-up for Advanced Marketing.

By the way, about 2 months ago, I delivered an Exact Express from Reno to a customer in Indy. Wish I could remember their name. I almost pm'd you to ask if you picked it up, but it got put off, and then forgotten.

Publisher's Group West, PGW, was purchased by Advanced Marketing as I understand it. After the buy out, they closed the warehouse here in Reno. They were good for 30 to 50 bills a day in 2 to 4 long boxes.

When I get something for IND I think of Jimmy G at Indy. More than thirty years ago, I was an O/O for American Red Ball Transit, used to get to Indy often then.

Jimmy B

questions for jimmy b

yo jimmy b.......

is there a rail head near RNE and the reno area free trade zone?????

is there a good match between east and westbound loaded trailers????

thanks......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Jimmy B:

My Dad was in WWII. Normandy, Battle of the Bulge and all that stuff. In a truck. It was called Operation Red Ball Express. One of the guys in that unit came home, apparently to Indy, and started the Red Ball Transit Moving Company. I go by their HQ daily on my way to work. Many times I've threatened to stop in and try to meet the owner. Once, 25 years ago, when I too was an O/O, I stopped in Denver, Co. I called a guy that my Dad always said to call that he had served with. The man had died of cancer in 1964 without my Dad knowing it. But his widow then called my Dad and they talked like old friends. Guess if you ever want to call someone, never put it off!!!!

MIKEEEEE said:
yo jimmy b.......

is there a rail head near RNE and the reno area free trade zone?????

is there a good match between east and westbound loaded trailers????

thanks......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yes, the Union Pacific railroad operates a "pig" ramp at Sparks, NV - We get a pig or two a day via the railroad. Roadway and ABF get lots more from the ramp than we do. Mostly we send nothing out via the rail. Again Roadway and ABF send some freight out via the rails

Don't know about balance, our inbound bill count is somewhat larger than the outbound count.

Jimmy B

jimmy g said:
Jimmy B:

My Dad was in WWII. Normandy, Battle of the Bulge and all that stuff. In a truck. It was called Operation Red Ball Express. One of the guys in that unit came home, apparently to Indy, and started the Red Ball Transit Moving Company. I go by their HQ daily on my way to work. Many times I've threatened to stop in and try to meet the owner. Once, 25 years ago, when I too was an O/O, I stopped in Denver, Co. I called a guy that my Dad always said to call that he had served with. The man had died of cancer in 1964 without my Dad knowing it. But his widow then called my Dad and they talked like old friends. Guess if you ever want to call someone, never put it off!!!!

American Red Ball Transit was started during 1919 and is the oldest "bed bugger" in the industry.

Jimmy B

JimmyB said:
American Red Ball Transit was started during 1919 and is the oldest "bed bugger" in the industry.

Jimmy B

Then I stand corrected. :chairshot: But it's the story my dad always told me...........
:duh:

yo....

not to spark controversy but, didn't spector buy ETWNC and red ball express before they went out in '78??????

if i remember DAL is an old red ball terminal......

black trucks with a red ball on the doors.......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MIKEEEEE said:
yo....

not to spark controversy but, didn't spector buy ETWNC and red ball express before they went out in '78??????

if i remember DAL is an old red ball terminal......

black trucks with a red ball on the doors.......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

American Red Ball Transit is the moving company and Red Ball Motor Freight was the LTL company as I understand it. I think Spector - Red Ball went out of business during 1982. Wish there was a good history of the LTL business.

Jimmy B