Yellow | Where is everyone from?

JimmyB said:
American Red Ball Transit is the moving company and Red Ball Motor Freight was the LTL company as I understand it. I think Spector - Red Ball went out of business during 1982. Wish there was a good history of the LTL business.

Jimmy B
On hankstruckpictures.com you might find something. Not alot of history on some companies but alot of good pictures anyway. Hope this helps.

ftaf08 said:
On hankstruckpictures.com you might find something. Not alot of history on some companies but alot of good pictures anyway. Hope this helps.

Yep, I'm a regular on Hank's Truck Picture Forum, I share Yellow stuff there...For many, driving is just a job. But, I got to tell you, I chose driving, I like what I do...I'm a truck fan!

Jimmy B

demise of pantyhose

yo jimmy b....

back in the late '70's i worked casual for a gazillion companies....

spector went out in '79 to the best of my memory.....

mikeeeeee

City driver at MBK and JimmyB there was a series of books,The History of Trucking about 5 books, each about 100-120 pages with a quick describtion of all the ltl carriers and when they went under from Red Star, Johnson Motor,Milne.

lost freight co. said:
City driver at MBK and JimmyB there was a series of books,The History of Trucking about 5 books, each about 100-120 pages with a quick describtion of all the ltl carriers and when they went under from Red Star, Johnson Motor,Milne.

Is this the same set, but with 4 new books in the series advertised by the American Truck Historical Society? The author is Mike Terbecki.

Jimmy B

Buffalo NY, Xtra board road driver.

It's not great, but it's better than they make it out here (or maybe I have low expectations).

If you want to know about Red Ball Motor Freight, visit my web site angelfire.com/tx2/redball
I also wrote an article for Old Time Trucks magazine with more of the history of the company. My dad was a linedriver from "48 to "70. Contact me redball98@yahoo for more.

The Red Ball terminal and general office was in Dallas was on Irving Blvd. Conway has the terminal now. RB bought ETWNC in the 70's and then merged with Spector in "80. They went under in '82. The trucks were midnight blue with yellow lettering and the Red Ball. In the late "70's they changed to white with red letering.