TForce | Where is everyone?New server more people drop out?

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Everytime you truckingboard operators change your boards it seems like less posting is taking place?

Maybe just my opinion,but where has all the sharing,and caring gone?
Aren't there other topics to be discussed other than the union non-union debate?
Like why would a company poor large amounts of capital money into a business such as computer up grades,uniforms,and paint.
Than give all their employees raises when there isn't a large incress in freight volums to justify boosting their payroll?

May the Lord direct your path.

Apostolic said:
Everytime you truckingboard operators change your boards it seems like less posting is taking place?

Apostilic, whenever a change is made to the boards it's because of necessity, not because we want to play games with the members.
We've had a tough couple of weeks but it should all be behind us now and hopefully all of out old members will be back and posting.
You have no idea how many hours Jeff has put into these boards over the last few weeks just trying to get this place back up to speed.

Widen your horizons and help build up the discussions by contributing to the boards instead of finding fault.

While we have troubles(Stuff happens!!) at times,most of our members understand that nothing is perfect all the time.

Give the boards a chance or feel free to find some place else that is to your liking.

welll the unions do it for some, upsf is doing it for others.
for me i thought they would be faster and better so far they haven't showed me much. same old thing. so i don't care no more they don't.

wtfcares said:
welll the unions do it for some, upsf is doing it for others.
for me i thought they would be faster and better so far they haven't showed me much. same old thing. so i don't care no more they don't.
Who did you think would be faster? And, you say you don't care any more and they don't either. Who's they?

I guess organized labor is not worthy of a discussion . Maybe everyone should keep their opinions to themselves . Maybe we should delete any posting of one's opinion on ALL controversial topics such as :

Whether you like the new benefits pkg ...

Whether you like the new uniforms ...

Is our pay rate where it should be ...

Do you think whatever company policy is fair or not ...

Should so and so be allowed to wear shorts with those ugly legs of his ...

(Ok maybe not the last one .)

My point is that we are here to discuss and debate . Enjoy your American right of freedom of speech , I do . I am grateful Truckingboards gives me this soapbox to stand on . If you disagree with someone , reply with what you think ! Every story has to sides . The Teamsters have not yet resorted to brainwashing with subliminal messages to join ( as for UPS I'm not quite sure ) . So my advice is to listen to BOTH sides and when the time comes make the decision you feel is best .

You can always choose not to read the threads about the union and start new ones about other subjects, if they get off topic just report the offending post and someone will move it merge it or delete it.

It is your board make it what you want it to be.

FM

Familyman said:
You can always choose not to read the threads about the union and start new ones about other subjects, if they get off topic just report the offending post and someone will move it merge it or delete it.

It is your board make it what you want it to be.

FM

Now thats the perfect post, I am gonna use that part.

CFer said:
Apostilic, whenever a change is made to the boards it's because of necessity, not because we want to play games with the members.
We've had a tough couple of weeks but it should all be behind us now and hopefully all of out old members will be back and posting.
You have no idea how many hours Jeff has put into these boards over the last few weeks just trying to get this place back up to speed.

And you Adimin's did a fine job :smilie_132:

Silverhawk1 said:
There is way to much UNION propaganda here! It has turned me off...
How is someone giving real answers about everyday experiences in the union , propganda? It's not as if the IBT is on the boards spreading their agenda, it's everyday working stiffs just like yourselves, that are posting trying to share our common knowledge of how our lives as Teamsters are in real world terms, in order to give non Teamsters a view and information into our lives.

So if this is propaganda, then what do you call captive audience meetings, threats of dismissal, false statements, and misinformation by management?

If anything, it seems to me that the UPSF board is one of the more active ones........also Jeff andthe rest of the UNPAID staff do a great job with very little thanks....regarding the union debate, I wish that non-UPSF people would keep in mind that they are guests in our forum......contribute to the conversation,don't dominate

bad habit said:
regarding the union debate, I wish that non-UPSF people would keep in mind that they are guests in our forum......contribute to the conversation,don't dominate
Bad Habit,
The vast majority of pro Union posts are either to answer legitimate questions or to set the record straight about the high amount of misconceptions some people have who have never been Union and think it's so terrible. It's obvious to most of the Union guys who post here that some of you guys are very misinformed about Unions. In the end, you will all have to make your own decision. We'll all admit that the Teamsters Union isn't perfect but far ahead of the alternative as far as getting what the workforce deserves in the long run over a career.

stldude 44........just a quick fyi...I was in the union in the early 80's,worked for an outfit that was a white paper..company closed and I spared for over a year..heard the old "you'll be the next guy put on" untill I expressed my dislike for late voting to my B.A.........didn't have any brothers at the hall after that little bout of honesty

bad habit said:
stldude 44........just a quick fyi...I was in the union in the early 80's,worked for an outfit that was a white paper..company closed and I spared for over a year..heard the old "you'll be the next guy put on" untill I expressed my dislike for late voting to my B.A.........didn't have any brothers at the hall after that little bout of honesty
I know what you're saying. The BA shouldn't have told you something he didn't later deliver on. On the other hand, I've been divorced but it didn't lead me to believe that the same thing would happen with all women.

bad habit said:

BH,

I can sympathize with you. Also in the early 80's I worked for a company that had 2 locals representing the men on one dock. One local's wages were $150/week less than the other. After realizing that this was illegal, the prevailing local won the representation for the entire job. Even after transfering to the better paying local, I and one other junior member were still kept at the lower paying wage. The junior man won a cash settlement for the difference in pay and left the job. I was promised if I didn't make waves, I'd be taken care of. Well for 2 years , I was bounced between, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and Westbury Long Island. My pay never went any higher than scheduled raises and I never got up to full scale on that job. I went to another company and made scale from my very first day. Unfortunately my timing was poor and senior men were returning from vacations so I was laid off. Years later, I was fortunate to land another Teamster job and have been a happy camper since. The only consolation I have from the first union is that my former B.A. has spent the rest of his life behind bars since 88. It's unfortunate but every once in a while you can run across a bad apple.

greezy trucker said:
I thought this was a question about the boards and money of the company. Where did you all get lost at?????

I think I made a left where the Jones' old barn used to be then went straight for like 10 clicks and made a right, but now I'm not too sure where I am??

FM