XPO | Where is our freight

guitarman1

TB Lurker
Credits
Where is all the freight at XPN,,, We had 450,000 lb on the day before the end of quarter... XSG had 470,000...
Xpn has 100 doors XSG has 32 doors WTF. Pontiac used to average well over 600,000 b4 what the hell is going on. Is it a sales issue or is it the way we support (un support) our customers.This is a hell of a good area for manufacturing ,we should be killing it...

Nobody is "killing" it right now.. The economy is taking a step backwards. I just got done reading about BNSF furloughing 4,600 employees nationwide..mostly because of weak demand for oil and coal. CAT, CNH, John Deere...all you hear about is layoffs.

Spoke with our district manager today. He said upper management made a mistake and fired too many account execs when the acquisition took place. We lost alot of freight because of that. He said the new brass did not understand the personal relationship needed with small customers. They are supposedly trying to fix the error, that's why you see all the recruitment posters for account execs

Very very very slow right now. End of month ? Can't even tell.

Slow here too HS... but the last few days it's up a few ticks. Probably cause it's the end of the month and end of the quarter. Even managed to grab several hours of OT over the last few days. I think I'll ask for a PTO for tomorrow seeing how I've busted my chops for the last few days, plus it's Friday. If my I/b super gives me the day off tomorrow...then that will be the real test as to whether we're really slow at my barn or not.

Could be some truth to that.I heard the same thing about XPO redirecting freight from ltl
just my 5th grade math skills working here! so you buy a company for 3 BILLION DOLLARS just to get a 60% adjustment on lost revenue????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! AND to get negitive revenue why cut management to SAVE money???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

just my 5th grade math skills working here! so you buy a company for 3 BILLION DOLLARS just to get a 60% adjustment on lost revenue????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! AND to get negitive revenue why cut management to SAVE money???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I got a PHD in being in the know..lol.Who really knows why these corporations do what they do.Just depends on their port folio and tax structures and other variables.Sometimes corporation will buy another company out just for the accounts and foreign certificates

I got a PHD in being in the know..lol.Who really knows why these corporations do what they do.Just depends on their port folio and tax structures and other variables.Sometimes corporation will buy another company out just for the accounts and foreign certificates
if your in the KNOW then can you tell me why the treaty of 1818 was not honored on the east side of the great lakes it annoys me that n.b and n.scotia are under canadian control?

[QUOTE"catchTHErabbit, post: 1037377, member: 38476"]if your in the KNOW then can you tell me why the treaty of 1818 was not honored on the east side of the great lakes it annoys me that n.b and n.scotia are under canadian control?[/QUOTE]
I bet it had something to do about Quebec wanting to secede.They knew the native Frenchies would someday want to leave the Canadien provinces EH!

OTE="catchTHErabbit, post: 1037377, member: 38476"]if your in the KNOW then can you tell me why the treaty of 1818 was not honored on the east side of the great lakes it annoys me that n.b and n.scotia are under canadian control?[/QUOTE]
I will have to study that one.Was that an economic treaty or governance proclaimation?

Slow here too HS... but the last few days it's up a few ticks. Probably cause it's the end of the month and end of the quarter. Even managed to grab several hours of OT over the last few days. I think I'll ask for a PTO for tomorrow seeing how I've busted my chops for the last few days, plus it's Friday. If my I/b super gives me the day off tomorrow...then that will be the real test as to whether we're really slow at my barn or not.

My barn did past the 'slowness test', cause I'm off today sitting at home posting on TB at 10:56 AM when I could have been sitting in my tractor working my XPO stress machine peddle...but nah I 'd rather be off. Another 3 day wkend YIPPIE!!! :15:

My ba3 id past the 'slowness test', cause I'm off today sitting at home posting on TB at 10:56 AM when I could have been sitting in my tractor working my XPO stress machine peddle...but nah I 'd rather be off. Another 3 day wkend YIPPIE!!! :15:
I like that.I think all drivers of ltl companies should take 3day weekends.Put the screws to these anti labor corrupt corporations.Anti labor meaning not friendly to the working men n women

catchTHErabbwax post: 1037377 said:
if your in the KNOW then can you tell me why the treaty of 1818 was not honored on the east side of the great lakes it annoys me that n.b and n.scotia are under canadian control?
That treaty of 1818 was terminated in 1846 and replaced by the Oregon Treaty.Which stands to reason why they don't honor what was in the 1818 : p