Where is our freight

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by guitarman1, Mar 31, 2016.

1. guitarman1

guitarman1 Active Member

Where is all the freight at XPN,,, We had 450,000 lb on the day before the end of quarter... XSG had 470,000...
    Xpn has 100 doors XSG has 32 doors WTF. Pontiac used to average well over 600,000 b4 what the hell is going on. Is it a sales issue or is it the way we support (un support) our customers.This is a hell of a good area for manufacturing ,we should be killing it...

2. had enough

had enough pErSoN oF iNtErEsT

dismantling LTL and using losses for tax purposes.

beingpissed on and walken1414 like this.
  3. DSR86

DSR86 Active Member

Nobody is "killing" it right now.. The economy is taking a step backwards. I just got done reading about BNSF furloughing 4,600 employees nationwide..mostly because of weak demand for oil and coal. CAT, CNH, John Deere...all you hear about is layoffs.

2dogknights and Sumting Wong like this.
  4. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

Our freight is going up and up. The low dollar up here means there is a ton of freight moving south.

Getoverit and micshol like this.
  5. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

Very very very slow right now. End of month ? Can't even tell.

6. Maltman

Maltman Active Member

Spoke with our district manager today. He said upper management made a mistake and fired too many account execs when the acquisition took place. We lost alot of freight because of that. He said the new brass did not understand the personal relationship needed with small customers. They are supposedly trying to fix the error, that's why you see all the recruitment posters for account execs

MikeJ, vetran peddleman and Cnwy21 like this.
  7. radman

radman moving and grooving

Troll

8. vetran peddleman

vetran peddleman FOR ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

Slow here too HS... but the last few days it's up a few ticks. Probably cause it's the end of the month and end of the quarter. Even managed to grab several hours of OT over the last few days. I think I'll ask for a PTO for tomorrow seeing how I've busted my chops for the last few days, plus it's Friday. If my I/b super gives me the day off tomorrow...then that will be the real test as to whether we're really slow at my barn or not.

9. cozzmo

cozzmo Member

Fed ex and old Dominion has most of our freight here in the South East.

Songremainsthesame likes this.
  10. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

He works here. Just because someone says something you dont like doesn't mean they are a troll. Grow some nuts

11. bigtruk_us

bigtruk_us Well-Known Member

Could be some truth to that.I heard the same thing about XPO redirecting freight from ltl

12. catchTHErabbit

catchTHErabbit PRAISE THE LORD!and pass the ammunition PLEASE!!!!

just my 5th grade math skills working here! so you buy a company for 3 BILLION DOLLARS just to get a 60% adjustment on lost revenue????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! AND to get negitive revenue why cut management to SAVE money???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

13. bigtruk_us

I got a PHD in being in the know..lol.Who really knows why these corporations do what they do.Just depends on their port folio and tax structures and other variables.Sometimes corporation will buy another company out just for the accounts and foreign certificates

14. catchTHErabbit

catchTHErabbit PRAISE THE LORD!and pass the ammunition PLEASE!!!!

if your in the KNOW then can you tell me why the treaty of 1818 was not honored on the east side of the great lakes it annoys me that n.b and n.scotia are under canadian control?

ESP, yrc-atm and bigtruk_us like this.
  15. bigtruk_us

[QUOTE"catchTHErabbit, post: 1037377, member: 38476"]if your in the KNOW then can you tell me why the treaty of 1818 was not honored on the east side of the great lakes it annoys me that n.b and n.scotia are under canadian control?[/QUOTE]
    I bet it had something to do about Quebec wanting to secede.They knew the native Frenchies would someday want to leave the Canadien provinces EH!

16. bigtruk_us

OTE="catchTHErabbit, post: 1037377, member: 38476"]if your in the KNOW then can you tell me why the treaty of 1818 was not honored on the east side of the great lakes it annoys me that n.b and n.scotia are under canadian control?[/QUOTE]
    I will have to study that one.Was that an economic treaty or governance proclaimation?

17. vetran peddleman

My barn did past the 'slowness test', cause I'm off today sitting at home posting on TB at 10:56 AM when I could have been sitting in my tractor working my XPO stress machine peddle...but nah I 'd rather be off. Another 3 day wkend YIPPIE!!! :15:

18. bigtruk_us

I like that.I think all drivers of ltl companies should take 3day weekends.Put the screws to these anti labor corrupt corporations.Anti labor meaning not friendly to the working men n women

trucknfool likes this.
  19. bigtruk_us

That treaty of 1818 was terminated in 1846 and replaced by the Oregon Treaty.Which stands to reason why they don't honor what was in the 1818 : p

20. vetran peddleman

Sources or documentation please?