XPO | Where is our freight

Tons of freight on east coast also we're as busy now as ever and getting busier . everyday this week we've been 2-6 trailers over just for the 5 doors I load . I think the places that are slow are the result of xpo getting rid of cheap freight .

Or we are being routed around. Maybe more through freight going on long boxes. I am encouraged to hear it's picking up somewhere.

How true HS... unfortunately. If not a 'DSR Ops Summit,' then how about them bringing a town hall to our barns? This way the boot licker types would only be one among many voices being heard.

Just wondering...you or anybody else reading this post have a town Hall meeting w/ any of the big shots recently?

We had Greg L come in last year, right before he quit.

I also stop and watch Talladega Nights : The Ballad of Ricky Bobby every chance I see it. To call a movie the best ever opens a far larger conversation from so many genres of cinema. Shawshank is truly fantastic. But to make it number 1 means something else can't be number one. Because two number ones makes 11 and who wants to be eleventh ?
which is why 10 little indians is the end all to be all num1 movie ever cause they all die in the end!!!!!

Congratulations. Good to hear another convict got his parole.

This also speaks to the larger problem. So many good drivers have been run off to strengthen the competition.

I took no pleasure in bailing out believe me. I spent 16+ years @ Con-way and would STILL be there had it not been bought out by XPO. Even with the take-aways, and mindboggling stupid operational practices, I used to believe that my future was secure @ Con-way (prior to the purchase that is). Everyone had access to the same information regarding XPO as I did - I merely came to a different conclusion as to what the future had in store for me if I stayed than did others. I have seen what happened to those in the position of being swallowed up by another company back in the 1980's and it left me feeling very uncomfortable as to my future prospects. Everyone sees things through their own filters. I continue to hope that everything works out for the better for everyone who decided to ride this out... I believed at the time (and still do) that remaining with XPO/Con-way was not going to lead to the future that I wanted.

The single thing that concerns me most regarding future prospects for drivers @ XPO has to do with what I read regarding the root cause of on-going damage claims in the company. In reading some of the opinions, (based on personal observation I presume) it almost appears that damages are result of some contingent of employees INTENTIONALLY mishandling the freight that has been entrusted to you.

The single thing that concerns me most regarding future prospects for drivers @ XPO has to do with what I read regarding the root cause of on-going damage claims in the company. In reading some of the opinions, (based on personal observation I presume) it almost appears that damages are result of some contingent of employees INTENTIONALLY mishandling the freight that has been entrusted to you.
Also known as " cutting off your nose to spite your face "

" shooting yourself in the foot "

" biting the hand that feeds you " and " a great way to :fingure: yourself "

Why would a driver or dockworker intentionally mishandle freight? What good could possibly come from that? I will never understand that in a million years.

Also known as " cutting off your nose to spite your face "

" shooting yourself in the foot "

" biting the hand that feeds you " and " a great way to :fingure: yourself "

Why would a driver or dockworker intentionally mishandle freight? What good could possibly come from that? I will never understand that in a million years.

But these guys are convinced that they have been taken from. And they are going to take in return. The two wrongs make a right crowd. And they get away with murder. Because no one wants to deal with them. You would think that after some time, the damages would rack up on certain people. Everything gets scanned. But nothing ever happens.

But these guys are convinced that they have been taken from. And they are going to take in return. The two wrongs make a right crowd. And they get away with murder. Because no one wants to deal with them. You would think that after some time, the damages would rack up on certain people. Everything gets scanned. But nothing ever happens.
There's a dockworker out of your barn that , no kidding has the initials M.F. - damages out of the wazu. Everytime a breaker shows up with his name you get the OS&D clerk , or avoid the breaker. Even with our manager stepping in , the guy never lost his job and he had to be responsible for thousands of dollars of damages and time lost on recouping freight. Yet , to this day ( even with all of the pictures and emails and phone calls ) he's still with the company.

There's a dockworker out of your barn that , no kidding has the initials M.F. - damages out of the wazu. Everytime a breaker shows up with his name you get the OS&D clerk , or avoid the breaker. Even with our manager stepping in , the guy never lost his job and he had to be responsible for thousands of dollars of damages and time lost on recouping freight. Yet , to this day ( even with all of the pictures and emails and phone calls ) he's still with the company.
Not an isolated instance. No accountability.

Probably a R.A.T.
I have seen them scew-up but they cannot do anything wrong!
How about dropping a 35k long box? And low level supervision allowing 6 motors to drive out in the yard to raise it up?

We have a former QCL at my barn. He has sent so many pictures, e mails etc in the last 11 plus years that I've worked here about damages and certain drivers and dock workers. Like you said, you see a breaker with that name, put it back! I don't think the accountability issue will ever change. Ever.

The last 3 weeks have been the best I've had running out of my barn all year. Last night was super heavy, as It should be at the end of the month. I was beginning to wonder though because the end of March didn't seem busy at all. We had more freight than we could cover last night.:15::19:

Well our wasn't that way. We are about half on outbound that we have been over the last couple of years and about 1/3 from 4-5 years ago. I want XPO to fire some more sales staff. That'll work good.

The last 3 weeks have been the best I've had running out of my barn all year. Last night was super heavy, as It should be at the end of the month. I was beginning to wonder though because the end of March didn't seem busy at all. We had more freight than we could cover last night.:15::19:

We will take some of that. Plenty of drivers sitting.

This thread is funny " Were is our Freight" I tell you were the freight is on other trucks.
Now lets get to why we are in here, try this on for size. We are here to provide a service and make money. You and the company want to make money. You don't show up to work and do this for free do you, so why should the XPO haul freight for free. Early this week our SCM had a meeting and showed us the Profit and Loss (or P&L) number for the month of March. This will surprise you and make you wander if the old guard (Con-way Excs) knew what they were doing. The number below are for my barn only. Your SCM knows your numbers and should be tell you since the new bonus system works on how your barn is doing. These number become very important to everyone at your barn. I round the number off when I hand wrote them down during the meeting.

------------------------------March 2015---------March 2016
Operating Ratio (O/R)-------91--------------------84
EBITDA---------------------$ 188,000-----------$ 293,000
Profit------------------------$ 136,000-----------$ 238,000

Tonnage Inbound-------11,202,000---------11,947,000---- +6%
Tonnage Outbound------7,522,000-----------5,995,000---- -20%

So I ask yourself again were is the freight??? OR better yet Where is the money????
As you see we shipped out 20% less tonnage this year vs last year and had a 6% up tick on inbound, but we made over $100,000 more in profit this March vs last March.
With and O/R of 84 that when the company can buy new equipment,and give better raises/bonuses.
Yes I know guys are sitting and hours have been cut. Con-way was over hired at a lot of barns that includes dock works, drivers, and in the local offices.
It's time to stop running around with our heads cut off, working harder, moving more freight for less money and start working smarter for higher profits. :greedy dollars:

Last edited: