XPO | Where is our freight

Are there any locations laying off drivers? If we have less freight and are more profitable it will be hard to justify drivers not working.

Are there any locations laying off drivers? If we have less freight and are more profitable it will be hard to justify drivers not working.

We have thought about this a lot. He seems intent to work the unprofitable volume out slowly as we take on growth. Like he is keeping us at a certain level of busy just to keep guys working enough to stay. What ever it is, it's very deliberate. We have heard of MANY dock hands let go and very few drivers and drivers are on the FAC if they don't run.

We have thought about this a lot. He seems intent to work the unprofitable volume out slowly as we take on growth. Like he is keeping us at a certain level of busy just to keep guys working enough to stay. What ever it is, it's very deliberate. We have heard of MANY dock hands let go and very few drivers and drivers are on the FAC if they don't run.
When things were slow in the past drivers could go to the nearest FAC (if they worked at a smaller terminal) and work the dock to get their hours. Is this still an option?

When things were slow in the past drivers could go to the nearest FAC (if they worked at a smaller terminal) and work the dock to get their hours. Is this still an option?

Haven't seen that. Probably not gonna let them when they have their own drivers on the dock. Would be cool if they did though. In my opinion.

Whip1 , why bother? H.E. won't answer you - he never has. It's a valid question though.
Information. When he says it's time to follow the freight, I'd like to know where to follow it to. When he criticizes XPO for lack of communication, I'd like to know what company tells the drivers every thing.When he says XPO is evil, I'd like to know what company greets drivers with hugs, doughnuts, and sing alongs every morning. His answer above clearly proves what I've thought all along. XPO is probably 10X better than the dumpster fire of a company he works for. His sole purpose here is to bring the good companies down to his level.

Information. When he says it's time to follow the freight, I'd like to know where to follow it to. When he criticizes XPO for lack of communication, I'd like to know what company tells the drivers every thing.When he says XPO is evil, I'd like to know what company greets drivers with hugs, doughnuts, and sing alongs every morning. His answer above clearly proves what I've thought all along. XPO is probably 10X better than the dumpster fire of a company he works for. His sole purpose here is to bring the good companies down to his level.
OD has your freight, FED EX has your freight along with some others. you are just afraid to jump ship and start over again so you stay aboard the XPO sinking ship. then you bark at people who comment about the negative things that are going on. positions eliminated, terminals closed, runs farmed out, drivers sitting home are definetely not positive things. you can respond the next time youre on break from pushing a broom on the dock.

OD has your freight, FED EX has your freight along with some others. you are just afraid to jump ship and start over again so you stay aboard the XPO sinking ship. then you bark at people who comment about the negative things that are going on. positions eliminated, terminals closed, runs farmed out, drivers sitting home are definetely not positive things. you can respond the next time youre on break from pushing a broom on the dock.
Would you care to comment on some of the things that have happened that are positive?
Well, you obviously didn't read the call transcript. XPO will be income positive next quarter. Initiatives are in place to further reduce all forms of cost and spend. The rebidding of sub service just went into effect Monday and will save 50 million. Further use of technology in both L/H and P&D will cut out waste. The accounting aquisition of Con-way will be complete. Rebranding will be full swing. They are still building small and medium business market share, where the good money is in LTL. They are still weaning off the large market accounts that are losing money. It was a very positive quarter. Even with the net loss.

All in all there is a lot of reason to be positive. And still reason to remain skeptical. We will see.
This is an excerpt of a Highspeeds post that pointed out a few positives still happening. Also , as bad as some have said it is , there seems to be a driver first mentality ( for the most part ) Some drivers have posted on here that dockworkers have been layed off while drivers have not. This has happened at my location. LEAN seems to have been eliminated in its previous form.

Finally , as it's been stated by Highspeeds , in the post above XPO Logistics should be in the black next quarter. If the company is taking steps to make more with less that points to the previous upper management being ineffective AND so far it seems like Baf Jacobs was justified in canning the whole upper management group hours after the sale was finalized.

I am still cautiously optimistic. I'm not skeptical or suspicious of Brad Jacobs , just cautious.

I push a broom at $25.91 an hour. I've worked way harder for much less.

XPO ain't a sinking ship. Exact opposite actually. He has built this up from nothing very quickly.

OD and FedEx and whoever have Con-way's freight. Con-way is dead. And we drivers had been asking the whole damn time, why we pulling this ::shit:: ?

The negative things are perspective based. Con-way was very poorly run. There was ample waste and many taking advantage. XPO will run a strong, legitimate business. Locally that may lead to some things changing in a way that is unfortunate for those that expected that they would be able to continue taking advantage indefinitely.

Yrcw Teamster companies took some of your freight. We are busy as hell.

Karma is a beeaaaatch.

Of course you're busy. Hauling freight at a loss while billions in the red, makes great business sense. Just keep doing the same ::shit:: and expecting different results. You guys are fine.

What's karma got to do with you guys working for Wal-mart wages ?

And you ain't seen karma yet. Wait until those former Con-way execs that you guys got now, start farming out your jobs.

What day do the burn barrels go out ? Twenty years to late ? You guys ain't stood up for yourselves yet, and you'll vote just the way they tell you to, you always do.

Would you care to comment on some of the things that have happened that are positive?

This is an excerpt of a Highspeeds post that pointed out a few positives still happening. Also , as bad as some have said it is , there seems to be a driver first mentality ( for the most part ) Some drivers have posted on here that dockworkers have been layed off while drivers have not. This has happened at my location. LEAN seems to have been eliminated in its previous form.

Finally , as it's been stated by Highspeeds , in the post above XPO Logistics should be in the black next quarter. If the company is taking steps to make more with less that points to the previous upper management being ineffective AND so far it seems like Baf Jacobs was justified in canning the whole upper management group hours after the sale was finalized.

I am still cautiously optimistic. I'm not skeptical or suspicious of Brad Jacobs , just cautious.

Not skeptical of XPO or Jacobs. Skeptical that what is good for XPO will be good for me and my family long term. If he turns the former Con-way into a LTL version of Swift, then most if not all of us will be somewhere else. There are ways this could go bad for drivers and ways it could go good. Most likely, it will all balance out. Or at least I hope that this is the case.

Would they have to drive their own vehicle there or would they take a truck?

Would they have to drive their own vehicle there or would they take a truck?
When I did it you drove your own vehicle because if you rode with a driver , you would be stuck until they were able to leave. I don't know how it works with your company but here we all have to do time on the slab with few exceptions.

For example , I start at 1500 because it's slow , work our outbound dock until 2000. I have the option of heading to the FAC to work the dock as long as they need me. We can only go into overtime if we work over 8/40 at the same location. Linehaul drivers start later ( between 7 - 9pm ) so you can't ride with them. And I've never seen a driver take a truck bobtail unless it was going for a PM.

When I did it you drove your own vehicle because if you rode with a driver , you would be stuck until they were able to leave. I don't know how it works with your company but here we all have to do time on the slab with few exceptions.

For example , I start at 1500 because it's slow , work our outbound dock until 2000. I have the option of heading to the FAC to work the dock as long as they need me. We can only go into overtime if we work over 8/40 at the same location. Linehaul drivers start later ( between 7 - 9pm ) so you can't ride with them. And I've never seen a driver take a truck bobtail unless it was going for a PM.
Just seems like a pain in the ass and expense driving to another terminal, but work is work too.

OD has your freight, FED EX has your freight along with some others. you are just afraid to jump ship and start over again so you stay aboard the XPO sinking ship.
XPO is on track to show profit. Is the mystery company you work at doing that?

.......then you bark at people who comment about the negative things that are going on. .
Just those who make comments on things that they have no idea what they're talking about. The fact that most of my questions go unanswered, proves that.

positions eliminated, terminals closed, runs farmed out, drivers sitting home are definitely not positive things. .
8 months ago, people like you we're saying Con-Way was a sinking ship because we had too many terminals and were top heavy in management. They fixed some large holes in the ship, and you still think it's a bad thing????? Other than OD, they all farm out runs. Why single out XPO? Drivers sitting isn't a good thing. It's not wide spread across the company. I've never said XPO is perfect. Until I see otherwise, I'll continue to believe things will work out. If they don't, I can leave.

you can respond the next time you're on break from pushing a broom on the dock.
I worked 48 hours this past week. If they want to pay me time and a half to push a broom, I'm OK with that.How many hours at time and a half did you get this week?

XPO is on track to show profit. Is the mystery company you work at doing that?

Just those who make comments on things that they have no idea what they're talking about. The fact that most of my questions go unanswered, proves that.

8 months ago, people like you we're saying Con-Way was a sinking ship because we had too many terminals and were top heavy in management. They fixed some large holes in the ship, and you still think it's a bad thing????? Other than OD, they all farm out runs. Why single out XPO? Drivers sitting isn't a good thing. It's not wide spread across the company. I've never said XPO is perfect. Until I see otherwise, I'll continue to believe things will work out. If they don't, I can leave.

I worked 48 hours this past week. If they want to pay me time and a half to push a broom, I'm OK with that.How many hours at time and a half did you get this week?
Hmmmm... Think I heard a mic drop....

This is all way too deep for me...lol.
But like you guys we get no information of any use down to us either.
No company is gonna give you any information. As long as the gate is open and the trick are fueled up and loaded.. Go for it. Why worry about stuff you cannot control? Too much speculation and life is to short to worry about it. It's just a job. Oh... We have been working sixth punches at our terminal for two months straight. And we have new hires... greenies. Even have one casual. Drivers get overtime everyday. So where is the freight? I don't know. But the freight we are getting is not funky junk. Of course we do get some hogdicks and autologous and such but we also get plenty of stuff to go around it.