Where is our freight

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by guitarman1, Mar 31, 2016.

1. mysticobra

mysticobra Just here.

This is all way too deep for me...lol.
    But like you guys we get no information of any use down to us either.
    No company is gonna give you any information. As long as the gate is open and the truck are fueled up and loaded.. Go for it. Why worry about stuff you cannot control? Too much speculation and life is to short to worry about it. It's just a job. Oh... We have been working sixth punches at our terminal for two months straight. And we have new hires... greenies. Even have one casual.
    We have plenty of freight. Keeps me busy eight hours a day five days a week. More if I want it... But I pass on the ot...

Getoverit likes this.
  2. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

What I see here and read here is that some barns are busy, some steady, and some slow. From what we heard from the XPO exc's is we are in business to make money. Then they started dumping accounts that did not make money. So if we add this all together we get this. The busy and steady barns have account that made money and have seen some to no change in there operation. The barns that got slow well you know were I going with this. My barn has less freight going through it but the numbers the SCM posted for March have us making over $100,000 more this march then last march.

whip1 and highspeeds like this.
  3. mysticobra

mysticobra Just here.

We have not slowed even over the winter and a really as busy as we were even before Conway was bought out so I don't think it had any influence on our levels of freight at our terminal.

4. grabanothergear

grabanothergear New Member

I've got to ask - what's so bad about Central Transport? I've worked for them 2 years now and haven't had that bad of an experience. Just have to be knowledgeable about how all the rules work and you can stay on top of everything. I guess that's the same for a lot of trucking companies in my experience...nobody is perfect.

5. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

We have had many guys come here from Central. I'm glad your experience has been a good one.

6. had enough

had enough pErSoN oF iNtErEsT

A little over 9 hrs of overtime, nice when bill count is up. 48 hrs on a forklift or box truck? Don't tell me you're a real truck driver mr whip.

7. guitarman1

guitarman1 Active Member

Do the Dolphins still shut-off while your working so that your not on the clock???

8. boomer55

boomer55 Member

I bet there was 35 sub-carriers at xcn last night also saw 5 or 6 Pacer containers sitting there, didn't Jacobs buy Pacer a year ago or so? My guess is the owner-operators are hauling our freight. I don't think its as slow as it appears

highspeeds likes this.
  9. Teamsters L200

Teamsters L200 Member

This is why you need a contract to limit the use of sub contractors

10. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

Kind of hard to call it a sub contractor if it's all xpo

highspeeds likes this.
  11. freightman68

freightman68 Rightwing_extremist

Stop it with the U crap...YRC's contract is a joke, the company does what it wants anyway.

12. Teamsters L200

Teamsters L200 Member

But with a contract you can put limits on it protect what you have.

30yearman likes this.
  13. Teamsters L200

Teamsters L200 Member

what terminal you work at

14. Teamsters L200

Teamsters L200 Member

so let me ask this how is your medical

15. freightman68

freightman68 Rightwing_extremist

I worked at R67, in case you don't know it's a relay that runs into 347. YRC has excellent insurance. You are correct in that. That's it that's all they have. Yes they have some new equipment now, but most of it is still junk. Starting mileage is a joke no matter how much experience you have. Retirement? Lol a 401 is better then YRC's contribution to the central states. Even if you get past all that, you will work weekends, holidays, sure you get an extra 4 hours clock time on a holiday, the run still pays poorly compared to most other LTL's. Then you get the privilege of sitting by the phone, while they put YRC freight on CRST trailers and run it past you as you sit home for days...but don't worry as soon as the weekend gets here the phone will ring...then you finally get rolling and you see CRST and Schinder hooked up to YRC sets, sometimes passing you as your rolling at 62 with the hazmat response book jammed under one corner of your seat so it doesn't lean so bad and jack up your back. Oh you want yo filed a grievance? Go ahead! Watch it deadlock then go to national and get postponed over and over again. The current Union is Union in name only and just a shadow of what people fought for years ago. Don't come on this thread and act like your company does not do what ever it wants with purchased transportation, or sub service, as Conway used to call it, companies do what they want, union contract or not.

16. White

White Well-Known Member

Like at UPSF?

17. highspeeds

Only 35 ? That place is crowded for sure.

18. highspeeds

No one is buying what you are selling. Fix your own house.

freightman68, radman and whip1 like this.
  19. whip1

whip1 Well-Known Member

I didn't know Saia paid time and a half.

Is this your way of proving you don't post ignorant nonsense?

20. whip1

whip1 Well-Known Member

Did the union members with a contract get protected when the union raped them on their pension? If union members went after the leaders like they did nonunion carriers, maybe the leaders wouldn't be so willing to steal from them.

highspeeds and radman like this.