XPO | Where is our freight

A good friend of mine used to run linehaul for OD.. One day, I just happened to mention something about sub-service and he got confused.. After explaining it, he just couldn't believe it. "Your company is made up of truck drivers isn't it?" was one of the follow up questions. It was a little embarrassing.

As far as I know, all OD freight moves on OD equipment.. I could be wrong.
Sometimes they move trailers for other companies with their freight. Also they do rail sometimes with JB Hunt

A good friend of mine used to run linehaul for OD.. One day, I just happened to mention something about sub-service and he got confused.. After explaining it, he just couldn't believe it. "Your company is made up of truck drivers isn't it?" was one of the follow up questions. It was a little embarrassing.

As far as I know, all OD freight moves on OD equipment.. I could be wrong.

Over 99% of OD freight is moved on OD trucks its entire trip through our system. We just don't use sub-service.

Over 99% of OD freight is moved on OD trucks its entire trip through our system. We just don't use sub-service.
That's correct. When I worked in IND they would get rails for RTO end of month from JB Hunt and would load back. I also saw ABF and YRC trailers come from down south get loaded to IND.

sorry to disappoint you ramman, not a troll and putting apps out. time to leave this company is now when everyone else is hiring, got to follow the freight. you stay and sweep the floors.
gladly at $26 Hr and still be in bed before you .

Is it here...

Yup...it sure must be icuicp cause it sure ain't at our barns anymore like it used to be.

What I don't understand is why doesn't XPO do some TV ads like other LTL's do...OD, YRC, etc., or make a youtube video as posted above like OD did for PR purposes? Doesn't Mr. Jacobs want to get some exposure on TV, Youtube, etc. and start pitching all his world wide service offerings? Maybe he's still putting all the pieces of his acquisition puzzle together ,('getting all his ducks in a row'... so to speak), first before selling it to the public via advertising. I'm just a dumb TD, I realize that... and not a savvy business guy by any stretch of the imagination, but if I owned and was in charge of a multi Billion dollar entity...I'd make sure that selling was a top priority.

Maybe he'll get involved in this activity someday...and hopefully sooooooooooooon, but until then...OD and others get to keep our freight. :scratchhead:

Yup...it sure must be icuicp cause it sure ain't at our barns anymore like it used to be.

What I don't understand is why doesn't XPO do some TV ads like other LTL's do...OD, YRC, etc., or make a youtube video as posted above like OD did for PR purposes? Doesn't Mr. Jacobs want to get some exposure on TV, Youtube, etc. and start pitching all his world wide service offerings? Maybe he's still putting all the pieces of his acquisition puzzle together ,('getting all his ducks in a row'... so to speak), first before selling it to the public via advertising. I'm just a dumb TD, I realize that... and not a savvy business guy by any stretch of the imagination, but if I owned and was in charge of a multi Billion dollar entity...I'd make sure that selling was a top priority.

Maybe he'll get involved in this activity someday...and hopefully sooooooooooooon, but until then...OD and others get to keep our freight. :scratchhead:

If we quit using sub service and had more of our sets going down the road that would help a lot. I see OD sets pretty much daily at any given time. Imagine if that was XPO.. It would lead to name recognition and possibly more business.

We don't need TV.. We need to be seen.

If we quit using sub service and had more of our sets going down the road that would help a lot. I see OD sets pretty much daily at any given time. Imagine if that was XPO.. It would lead to name recognition and possibly more business.

I agree w/ you there DSR86 on OD's logo being on their equipment getting their name out in the public's eye and securing them business. However, wouldn't you agree that their TV, print, Internet, and PR youtube videos attract ADDITIONAL business? I'm sure that OD and other LTL's who do engage in print, radio, TV, and social media advertising are getting a return on their ad dollars...otherwise why would they keep pumping more money into a black hole of a fruitless expense? Like I said...I'm not a savvy business guy, but I know one thing, I'd sell my company's services over and above, like OD and others do, to make sure all would be shippers in every conceivable place out there, were exposed to my product.

sorry to disappoint you ramman, not a troll and putting apps out. time to leave this company is now when everyone else is hiring, got to follow the freight. you stay and sweep the floors.
Good luck, God bless, and GOOD RIDDANCE. Have a safe trip.

HS , The last 3 years we've been busier than the previous 13 at my barn , now we are slow again I really am not seeing anything that much out of the ordinary we are always slow as dirt in winter/early spring, it normally doesn't pick up until mid May at my location . The first 5 years I worked here I was fired for winter hired for spring starting all over. it sucked but making 3 times what I did at my previous job plus getting paid UE to sit the winter out I didn't mind .

Last election year with a changing President and slow economy, was 2008. That was also the last time that we fired people for winter. I fear what will happen after this election. Things may get much worse before they get any better.

Which sucks that all the new trailers are coming out plain white. No name or graphics at all.

No doubt some of it went threw your area. A good portion of that freight is corn seed so it's been expected.

We have seen the seed coming through. Which is really good. Because we were starting to wonder if we had lost that too.

i prefer proof like a photo of freight saying xpo and it sitting in your trailer
These pics were taken at a new warehouse across the street from XDM. (Des Moines,IA)

glnwndj.jpg

Un5uE6k.jpg

Last election year with a changing President and slow economy, was 2008. That was also the last time that we fired people for winter. I fear what will happen after this election. Things may get much worse before they get any better.
Blame it on (Obama) that should fix it!:1036316054: