XPO | Where is our freight

You must be hallucinating. Yrc logistics was sold 6 years ago.

Well, no more burritos from that lunch wagon...

Seriously though, I know I've picked up BOLs billed to YRC in the last 6 years.

It doesn't really matter, the point is that logistics companies farming out freight isn't particularly new or scandalous.

you guys still against a union now ??? union shop wouldn't let this happen !! XPO likes to farm out freight !!

We aren't a LTL any more. This is what we do. Provide the cheapest most reliable customer solutions. If you will do it for less than it would cost us to do it ourselves then you will do it every time.

Well, no more burritos from that lunch wagon...

Seriously though, I know I've picked up BOLs billed to YRC in the last 6 years.

It doesn't really matter, the point is that logistics companies farming out freight isn't particularly new or scandalous.

The Menlo here always had FedEx trailers sitting next to ours. I'm guessing he took this at a former Monlo location. They have always operated as a 3PL. Cheapest rate gets the freight.

Over 99% of OD freight is moved on OD trucks its entire trip through our system. We just don't use sub-service.
I don't understand how a company {XPO} can use sub-service owner operators to haul their freight........while their own company drivers are either sitting at home or working the dock all night with no runs.
What the :censored: kind of loyalty is that!?

Yeah Icuicp...unlike us w/ purchased transportation, OD keeps all their freight pretty much in house. Maybe that's one reason why OD sits atop the LTL heap as far as being a verrrrrrrrrry profitably carrier.
I also think that the way that OD is doing things {keeping the sub-service out of their operation} shows extreme loyalty to their own drivers.
:1036316054:

These pics were taken at a new warehouse across the street from XDM. (Des Moines,IA)
now see that wasn't so hard to do now was it!
glnwndj.jpg

Un5uE6k.jpg

If we quit using sub service and had more of our sets going down the road that would help a lot.
well friday night we had 3 of us run to reship,they cancelled the sub-standard,and i went down on empties<just as it should be>BUT... we did not load the trl's correctly! we had to unload 2 strippers too reuse as our trl's to take home.well we loaded up a 3rd trailer<zones>the zones can stay behind we don't need that freight till mon night! so i stuffed my trailer to 117 cube! double and triple stacking freight.i ended up unloading the zone trl to put the remaining freight that had to go! the zone trl should have been left alone!!! and we should have been given an empty to load for our barns freight which would have allowed me to load that trl up in a much nice'r fashion but the cube would have been around 75-80 cube and the freight wouldn't need to be double/triple stacked which would assured no damage occured..BUT no we are still concerned with cube and not quality!.damages will never get lowered to reasonable amounts untill we change the whole cube insanity.look at that o.d video on our boards those trailers don't look anything like ours from the inside now do they!!so dave if you read this 2day be warned!DO NOT UNLOAD DOOR 15 or door 4 its in one of those 2 doors!

Last edited:
The OD commercial that shows their doubles without sides to expose what the freight looks like inside the trailer was a genius idea. It shows the customers and the public what kind of care their freight gets while in transit.
I think that it would be a good idea for other carriers to follow the same idea since it's a way to personalize the customer's freight and it's movement.

Sometimes O/O (subservice) loads are loaded in long haul lanes or out of whack lanes (ex:LA to Bay Area).But I don't know how much subs you really run.

At OD we have sleeper teams for the longer hauls but there's also a good amount of railing of freight either into or out of the PNW.So I've heard.

If u loaded freight you know would not ride well or be damaged that is your fault, that was your choice, we do not have to load freight that will be damaged just to get cube, you might have to **** some fos's off but for drivers to continue to load like ::shit:: is part of the problem

The OD commercial that shows their doubles without sides to expose what the freight looks like inside the trailer was a genius idea. It shows the customers and the public what kind of care their freight gets while in transit.
I think that it would be a good idea for other carriers to follow the same idea since it's a way to personalize the customer's freight and it's movement.
I don't think based on some of our loads I have seen that it would be a great idea at all, I think the way most of our trailers are loaded is a major part of our problems!:violin::couch:

Yup...it sure must be icuicp cause it sure ain't at our barns anymore like it used to be.

What I don't understand is why doesn't XPO do some TV ads like other LTL's do...OD, YRC, etc., or make a youtube video as posted above like OD did for PR purposes? Doesn't Mr. Jacobs want to get some exposure on TV, Youtube, etc. and start pitching all his world wide service offerings? Maybe he's still putting all the pieces of his acquisition puzzle together ,('getting all his ducks in a row'... so to speak), first before selling it to the public via advertising. I'm just a dumb TD, I realize that... and not a savvy business guy by any stretch of the imagination, but if I owned and was in charge of a multi Billion dollar entity...I'd make sure that selling was a top priority.

Maybe he'll get involved in this activity someday...and hopefully sooooooooooooon, but until then...OD and others get to keep our freight. :scratchhead:

Ok what does this prove, nothing! Get on Google and Google the word logistics and then, I know this will be hard for you but think what does a logistics company do? then maybe these photos will make more sense to you. After a day or so of trying you still can't figure out what the role of a logistic company is message me and I'll explain it for You .