XPO | Where is our freight

If you are a customer who hires a 3PL to run your logistics your job as a 3PL is to find to lowest rate to ship something from point A to point B.
There might be other variables involved such a transit time or previous history with a certain carrier, but price is the primary factor. XPO LOGISTICS pretty much has to pick to lowest price and not favor XPO FREIGHT. Otherwise, the customer will switch to another 3PL who will. And unless XPO FREIGHT is prepared to go down to the bargain basement on rates, other will be hauling the cheap freight. Now because XPO owns both logistics and a freight line they can share information helpful in knowing how low they need to go. Just my opinion.

Ok what does this prove, nothing! Get on Google and Google the word logistics and then, I know this will be hard for you but think what does a logistics company do? then maybe these photos will make more sense to you. After a day or so of trying you still can't figure out what the role of a logistic company is message me and I'll explain it for You .
Oh boy more tears and snot bubbles. Need a tissue?

Of course, working hardly any hours and days off.
Oh boy more tears and snot bubbles. Need a tissue?
You and the other joker need to get a life ! No one asked you or him to come to our board you don't even work here ! If your confusing intellect and company PRIDE with fear you're wrong! It's almost like you have been bested too many times by a driver at our company, possibly out on the road or you've come home to one parked at your houses . Is your ego that fragile that you have made it your life mission to annoy us ?

Go away nobody here cares what you have to say when it pertains to XPO business. All you two can come back with is insults when confronted with intellect . Are the words I'm using too big that it pisses you off that you have to stop reading and Google them before continuing ? That you keep returning like a glutton for punishment . I personally make sport of making dense headed people feel even dumber when they say vacuous things .

You and the other joker need to get a life ! No one asked you or him to come to our board you don't even work here ! If your confusing intellect and company PRIDE with fear you're wrong! It's almost like you have been bested too many times by a driver at our company, possibly out on the road or you've come home to one parked at your houses . Is your ego that fragile that you have made it your life mission to annoy us ?

Go away nobody here cares what you have to say when it pertains to XPO business. All you two can come back with is insults when confronted with intellect . Are the words I'm using too big that it pisses you off that you have to stop reading and Google them before continuing ? That you keep returning like a glutton for punishment . I personally make sport of making dense headed people feel even dumber when they say vacuous things .
Apparently a tissue isnt enough. Need a tampon

I also think that the way that OD is doing things {keeping the sub-service out of their operation} shows extreme loyalty to their own drivers.
:1036316054:

Yeah NF I agree...if XPO would get out from under their 'Purchase' contract and put that freight in Con-way/XPO trailers, I think guys would take it to heart that our company really does care and respect us. If they did...then I think that Tony Brooks words would have some legitimate and substantive weight to them. Remember what he said in that 2015 ops summit video, something to the effect...It's a big deal to us to show RESPECT to all our people."

Sometimes O/O (subservice) loads are loaded in long haul lanes or out of whack lanes (ex:LA to Bay Area).But I don't know how much subs you really run.

At OD we have sleeper teams for the longer hauls but there's also a good amount of railing of freight either into or out of the PNW.So I've heard.

Not near as much as there used to be. The railroad became way too unreliable and damages go through the roof on rail vans. We're up over 99% hauling our own freight.

All I know is xpo didn't want Conway LTL but had to take it along with what they really wanted, Menlo. And by the looks of things they still don't really want or care about it, a company that big could sell it or purposely run it into the ground and write it off before they unload it. Now you're panicking that it actually might be happening and you can't go anywhere because of your so-called hourly rate, so you have to stay on the ship whether it floats or sinks. Just reality, I'm jumping ship and following the freight before the driver market gets swamped with Conway drivers doing the same.

The OD commercial that shows their doubles without sides to expose what the freight looks like inside the trailer was a genius idea. It shows the customers and the public what kind of care their freight gets while in transit.
I think that it would be a good idea for other carriers to follow the same idea since it's a way to personalize the customer's freight and it's movement.
We forgot to latch the door thou!! :duh:

Sometimes O/O (subservice) loads are loaded in long haul lanes or out of whack lanes (ex:LA to Bay Area).But I don't know how much subs you really run.

At OD we have sleeper teams for the longer hauls but there's also a good amount of railing of freight either into or out of the PNW.So I've heard.
They rail from RTO to IND towards the end of the month and IND back to RTO that's about all the sub they run that I know of and it's JB Hunt

All I know is xpo didn't want Conway LTL but had to take it along with what they really wanted, Menlo. And by the looks of things they still don't really want or care about it, a company that big could sell it or purposely run it into the ground and write it off before they unload it. Now you're panicking that it actually might be happening and you can't go anywhere because of your so-called hourly rate, so you have to stay on the ship whether it floats or sinks. Just reality, I'm jumping ship and following the freight before the driver market gets swamped with Conway drivers doing the same.
What you are referring to with XPO wanting Menlo is public record that's been discussed many times before you bringing it up ( misstating what's been widely reported , by the way )

XPO Logistics did not have to purchase the LTL portion/Truckload portion ( asset heavy ) of Con-way Inc. to get Menlo.

If you need a part for your car do you buy a brand new car , take a tire or knob off , or just go to the auto parts store and buy the part you need?

With the management that was here before the sale to XPO , do you really think they would've sold the entire company just to get fired? Or do you think they would've sold Menlo by itself and continued letting the goose lay golden eggs? ( even with the former management Con-way was still profitable )

These pics were taken at a new warehouse across the street from XDM. (Des Moines,IA

Seen freight coming across the holland dock from Birch Run area going to Des Monies so holland is also moving freight going to XPO.

glnwndj.jpg

Un5uE6k.jpg

If u loaded freight you know would not ride well or be damaged that is your fault, that was your choice, we do not have to load freight that will be damaged just to get cube, you might have to **** some fos's off but for drivers to continue to load like :::shit::: is part of the problem
sorry there paco but all that freight YES all of it was on the dock for the f.o.s to see! it was a whole lot of ugly' 20ft garage door crate,4 12ft long skids 1 skid of a crane boom another 20 ft shid of rolled fabric 258 cube was what was left to load when i showed up,so in the famous words at nurhenberg"i was just following orders"!!!!!!!! numbers,numbers,numbers,i'm not concerned with numbers i'm concerned with our customers freight.the same can not be said about conway/xpo management!!!!!!!!! have a nice day

Where is all the freight at XPN,,, We had 450,000 lb on the day before the end of quarter... XSG had 470,000...
Xpn has 100 doors XSG has 32 doors WTF. Pontiac used to average well over 600,000 b4 what the hell is going on. Is it a sales issue or is it the way we support (un support) our customers.This is a hell of a good area for manufacturing ,we should be killing it...
:smilie93c peelout:OD has all of your freight.:woohoo1:

What you are referring to with XPO wanting Menlo is public record that's been discussed many times before you bringing it up ( misstating what's been widely reported , by the way )

XPO Logistics did not have to purchase the LTL portion/Truckload portion ( asset heavy ) of Con-way Inc. to get Menlo.

If you need a part for your car do you buy a brand new car , take a tire or knob off , or just go to the auto parts store and buy the part you need?

With the management that was here before the sale to XPO , do you really think they would've sold the entire company just to get fired? Or do you think they would've sold Menlo by itself and continued letting the goose lay golden eggs? ( even with the former management Con-way was still profitable )

No, Dougie wanted out. And he needed to sell it all to get his double kicker bonus. He nabbed $20 million off the sale alone.

You're assuming I can't go somewhere else like you're assuming almost everything in your post . I have no debt , I could go pump gas If I had to , The possible failure of XPO would affect nothing except my retirement date and direction I drive to work . I'd rather not change. By spreading unfounded rumors , stirring fear in those not prepared does nothing but possibly open the eyes of those not preparing for the worst, Then again they needed a job when they applied here.

The OD commercial that shows their doubles without sides to expose what the freight looks like inside the trailer was a genius idea. It shows the customers and the public what kind of care their freight gets while in transit.
I think that it would be a good idea for other carriers to follow the same idea since it's a way to personalize the customer's freight and it's movement.
Put an XPO loaded wagon on display for the public and you'd be completely out of business.

your freight has gone to Fed Ex & Old Dom & Dayton & Estes & even the union boys !! this happens after buyouts ,as shipper's don't trust the changes coming from the new owners !! but good news is that they are all hiring ,in fact most of XPO/Conway driver's that Quit have gone to Old Dom !!

If you are a customer who hires a 3PL to run your logistics your job as a 3PL is to find to lowest rate to ship something from point A to point B.
There might be other variables involved such a transit time or previous history with a certain carrier, but price is the primary factor. XPO LOGISTICS pretty much has to pick to lowest price and not favor XPO FREIGHT. Otherwise, the customer will switch to another 3PL who will. And unless XPO FREIGHT is prepared to go down to the bargain basement on rates, other will be hauling the cheap freight. Now because XPO owns both logistics and a freight line they can share information helpful in knowing how low they need to go. Just my opinion.

Good thinking Hilo...your reasoning sounds logical to me. :1036316054: