ODFL | Where Is The Ppe?

daddy o

TB Lurker
Credits
I hear some centers are receiving hand sanitizer Clorox cleaning wipes, and even face masks and gloves! Some centers have nothing to speak of, I don’t need to have a space suit at work but I sure need to properly disinfect my tractor everyday as well as the faculties been properly disinfected, and I don’t mean just clean drivers, I mean disinfected like other companies are starting to do, with exception of amazon! Second thought I may need a space suit!

I hear some centers are receiving hand sanitizer Clorox cleaning wipes, and even face masks and gloves! Some centers have nothing to speak of, I don’t need to have a space suit at work but I sure need to properly disinfect my tractor everyday as well as the faculties been properly disinfected, and I don’t mean just clean drivers, I mean disinfected like other companies are starting to do, with exception of amazon! Second thought I may need a space suit!
We got our fluorescent green Chinese mask last week

Some centers have no idea that there is a pandemic right now.

We got our kits last week. Most of us, linehaul all have sanitizer, wipes, paper towels, disinfectant and windex in our trucks before the pandemic. Otherwise I go to my local feed and tack store, a case of 100 examination gloves $6.99, disinfectant, wipes everything is there. Trouble is most people don’t know, unless you own horses.

You know what I don’t get. Is certain people complain here and on Facebook or whatever, why don’t you go out and get your own PPE? We had to wait for ours, because a lot was going to the medical field, first responders and hoarders. No one was prepared for this. There’s been suggestions offered. Mine was a Feed and Tack store. I find everything that I need, the only trouble is that I had pretty much everything on my truck already, except for the gloves and bandanna. But I guess it’s easier to bitch about something than to get off your butt and take action.

You know what I don’t get. Is certain people complain here and on Facebook or whatever, why don’t you go out and get your own PPE? We had to wait for ours, because a lot was going to the medical field, first responders and hoarders. No one was prepared for this. There’s been suggestions offered. Mine was a Feed and Tack store. I find everything that I need, the only trouble is that I had pretty much everything on my truck already, except for the gloves and bandanna. But I guess it’s easier to bitch about something than to get off your butt and take action.
If you ever shared a truck with another driver you HAD to have ppe to clean their crap out daily!!

Well driver I have a lot of my own sanitizer and bleach, problem is I’m going through a lot of it, I happen to be in a hotspot in the country and I work with some drivers who lack some hygiene habits! Odfl, is getting stimulus money from feds just like other companies step up and keep the workplace sanitized, we are frontline worker!

Wow not asking for free money or my mortgage paid or a fancy truck with my name on it, just throw a brother some bleach and some Lysol every once and while! Mask too!
I’ve offered to share, but the driver’s that I run with already have their own PPE. Once again I offer help, if the paper towels at your local market are sold out, use gauze sponges. I get them at my local feed and tack store, but I am sure Walgreens, CVS or Riteaid has them. I bought a box of 50, 4”x4”. I can use one to spray disinfectant on and the other to wipe dry with. My mask is a bandanna. I have over 150 medical gloves. If someone at my terminal asks, I give them a handful. Stay safe everyone.