New Penn | where the new vovo's going?

allnightrain44

TB Regular
Credits
since there isnt any npme guys talking here, and tired of hearing the crying at our sister company's. any word or hear say on where the 70-90 vovo's are going to go. scranton guy told me some are goin out, but haven't heard where. i think all are going to #03, and reading is getting all our old ::shit:: spreaders. now if that doesnt get some action here, i'll give up!!

so where are they all at now? i was in scranton last night and was behind the shop to wash my windows and didn't see any back there..

well, i dont know, was told bye scranton driver they were there, and ::shit:: load at local vovo dealer waiting to be delivered.that is inside story from wife of scranton shop guy, who works at vovo dealer.maybe, things are getting so bad freight wise they sent them back?painted them yellow, or blue, or what ever color holland is.did you see more 53' back there?they get to decking them and we won't need all them road trucks. maybe we sold them to holland and reddaway at a good price so they can show a plus for the 3 qter.

We were told in Reading since we have a shop, we will not get brand new trucks. By that logic, why does Camp Hill get new ones after only 100k miles or so? They have a shop three times the size of ours. Scranton has a shop and they always have new equipment. This is payback pure and simple. For what? I don't have a clue. Makes me "New Penn Proud" and happy as a lark to come to work every night. I have hearing loss after being in this loud 'binder for the past five years and now I learn I get a hand-me-down, farted in seat. Happy workers are productive workers!

WAH wah wah a/c and it goes 62 whats the dif on what labels on the hood.

My thoughts exactly. Take a city bid if you can't take listening to that noise all night.

How productive can a road driver be anyway? I'm not downplaying the importance of a road driver's job, but you guys aren't faced with delivery times, cut-off times or trying to work your day around other people's schedules.

Productive? *snicker:biglaugh: snicker*

My thoughts exactly. Take a city bid if you can't take listening to that noise all night.

How productive can a road driver be anyway? I'm not downplaying the importance of a road driver's job, but you guys aren't faced with delivery times, cut-off times or trying to work your day around other people's schedules.

Productive? *snicker:biglaugh: snicker*

I'll try to be polite here. If you knew there was a batch of trucks that were ordered in '02 that were extremely loud, and you were stuck in one for over five years, maybe you'd understand. But you seem to choose to be an antagonist instead. And your comment about road driver productivity smacks of nothing less than ignorance. You can't do your job unless I do mine effectively, and vice-verse. We're on the same team, right? You chose city work and are happy with it. I've been in freight for 18 years/ over 14 with New Penn and I've done my share of dock pounding and city hustling, so don't pretend to be on a high horse with your city hero BS. Have a nice weekend!