FedEx Freight | Where would you put compensation gains?

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
Something to think about...

Discussion goes on about what area of our compensation we would most like to see enhancement applied. Since my opinion may be skewed by personal circumstances, GPD status, job class (city, vs road, vs other), age, ect., I was wondering what others think. I'll withhold my opinion, for now, even though we touched on this (briefly) in the past.

Given a theoretical dollar amount where would you put it? Would you prefer gains go to Wage, pension, something else? A balanced mix several areas?

If possible, share your top 1 or 2 picks, as well as position (road/city/other). Also helpful to know, would be current GPD status, since a group at $24.58 scale, might have a slightly different perspective that one at a $27.33 scale.

I have an idea on this that I'll share later. One that would certainly be "outside the box". Perhaps too bazaar, or too cutting edge? In the meantime, what are your thoughts?

City/24.58
My top 2 are pay and retirement in any order.
At least one person is not shy about sharing his preference/details. :1036316054:

Perhaps if we rephrase the question, eliminating personal info, making it simple.

What area (or areas) of our compensation package needs the most attention?

City vacation pay might be something to consider.I tend to get 8-12 hours OT a week,although I try to keep it as low as possible no one else will work with me.When vacation time rolls around it is a straight 40 hour week.It feels like a pay cut for a week.25.98/city

City $25.98
Top priority should got to retirement in my book. Most specifically 401k. Our current choice of Vanguard has returned poorly for awhile now. Every fund has lost value this year and a good distance into last year too. We can pick from 8 mutual funds at Vanguard but they offer over 60. If FedEx tells us to rely heavily on the 401k over the pension benefit then let us have a fighting chance to grow our money. Also we need the match increased to be more in line with a "world class company" that the FedEx claims we are. FedEx matches 7% for the pilots, we should be worthy of a 100% match to 7% as well.

While we are on this subject why not let us choose from several companies to have a broad range of investment opportunities? What is keeping FedEx from offering several different companies to choose where we can direct our hard earned money? Take a look at Fidelity, TD Ameritrade or T. Rowe Price. Look at the wide range of investment options and positive returns on investments at just these three financial planing companies. Offering multiple choices of where to invest our retirement money would truly show that you care about our future retirement. Not to mention attracting and retaining top notch drivers with an industry leading benefit.

Retirement #1 with defined benifit,100 dollars per yr service per month would be a good start. Still have 401k with with employee contribution.

Cut ALL the bennies and put it ALL in wages, let the employees determine how they want to spend their earnings.

I am not a FedEx employee, but am an employer and subscribe to the personal responsibility ethos. Pay me my money, let me decide how to spend it. ;)

Cut ALL the bennies and put it ALL in wages, let the employees determine how they want to spend their earnings.

I am not a FedEx employee, but am an employer and subscribe to the personal responsibility ethos. Pay me my money, let me decide how to spend it. ;)

EX that means we would have a parking lot full of brand new 4x4 diesel trucks. Couldn't afford to go to doctor then.

Let's do some simple math. There are 40,000 employee's. Every one of them wants $100 per month per year of service. So 40,000 x 100 x 12 x 30 = per year in pension payments. That's for 1 year service. Now of course you actually want 30 times that...which is $12 billion. Using the rule of 4% withdrawal, that being that you can withdraw 4% of your assets in a given year of retirement and live on the interest alone...you're asking the company for $300 billion dollars to be deposited in an interest bearing account to fund this.

How are you going to convince the customers to pay for this? Ultimately, the customers pay our wages, benefits and pensions. In my 30+ years here, haven't found one yet who gave an airborne intercourse about my wages, benefits and pension.

Spoiled children. I work with spoiled children.

No wonder amerika is in ruin. No one want's to earn anything anymore....