Where you aware of this? I wasn't

no, i certainly wasn't aware of this, and what purpose does this serve to have a hard drive inside a copy machine..??

it's not like they are saving that information to the computer's hard drive. other wise, there would be an extra cable attached to it.

all a copy machine should do is.......copy........

I don't know WHERE I should be to learn of such news other than Truckingboards.com

I was not AWARE of such information.

WERE I aware, I'm uncertain as to what actions might have needed to have been implemented.

A bit from the article:
In 2008, Sharp commissioned a survey on copier security that found 60 percent of Americans "don't know" that copiers store images on a hard drive. Sharp tried to warn consumers about the simple act of copying.

"It's falling on deaf ears," McLaughlin said. "Or people don't feel it's important, or 'we'll take care of it later.'"

All the major manufacturers told us they offer security or encryption packages on their products. One product from Sharp automatically erases an image from the hard drive. It costs $500.
But evidence keeps piling up in warehouses that many businesses are unwilling to pay for such protection, and that the average American is completely unaware of the dangers posed by digital copiers.

The day we visited the New Jersey warehouse, two shipping containers packed with used copiers were headed overseas - loaded with secrets on their way to unknown buyers in Argentina and Singapore.
It's being "leaked" regarding the feds wanting to eavesdrop on all e-mails, phone calls, etc., there 4 adding another "INVASION OF PRIVACY" isn't so scary.

I don't know WHERE I should be to learn of such news other than Truckingboards.com

I was not AWARE of such information.

WERE I aware, I'm uncertain as to what actions might have needed to have been implemented.

A bit from the article:

It's being "leaked" regarding the feds wanting to eavesdrop on all e-mails, phone calls, etc., there 4 adding another "INVASION OF PRIVACY" isn't so scary.

lol thanks fo catching my error at this rate I'l never advance from being just a cub reporter and it's 'therefore' not there 4

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure is and it makes me wonder what else is out there?

More than you want.

The copier hard drive is needed so that the copier can do all the fancy copy stuff. But they should be configured to delete everything after the copy task is complete, as there is no reason to keep that data.

Hard drives have been in copy machines since '02. That's nothing new. Nearly all mainstream manufacturers of copy machines offer software that renders the data in your copy machine unreadable. The data can't be completely erased, and the drive cannot be reformatted due to software limitations.

I think it meant you had your booger picking fingers in too far.

[video]http://www.cbsnews.com/news/digital-photocopiers-loaded-with-secrets/[/video]

This is just more proof that none of our information is private...and it hasn't been for a long time already.....Think about how much information that people give out without a thought....Look at what is asked for filling out a simple application..or when you download an "app" for your phone.....it wants a lot of permission to access your information....ever read those user agreements??.....most don't.......All of our information is already out there for the taking as it were.....

Big Brother is watching....and has been for a long time....

We're not even anonymous on here..... I know who you all are.....and where you live too.........Ok...just kidding about that.....

This is just more proof that none of our information is private...and it hasn't been for a long time already.....Think about how much information that people give out without a thought....Look at what is asked for filling out a simple application..

When I got my social security number it was clear that it was only for the social security account, and was not to be used for any other purposes. And you were never supposed to give it out to anyone, for anything.

Now you can't do anything without giving it up. I even have to use part of it to get fuel on the TCH card.