ODFL | wheres all the dollys

easttnhillbilly

TB Regular
Credits
I've noticed a lot of terminals are running low on dollys some are running out I was just at par the dolly I came in with had to be deadlined. I had to wait a hour and a half to get a dolly from a inbound driver and when I left there was three drivers waiting on dollys that is crazy are terminals hording them or do they need to buy more dollys

We always run low by thursday at upsf in columbus then when drivers come in on the weekend the dolly pool is built back up and to be depleted the by the end of the week again.

Parsons has a LOT of wild drivers,many of them are staying out for a week or more,with those dollies not making it back in for a week or more it does'nt take a mathematician to figure they're gonna run low on gears sometime through the week,I talked to PAR dispatch this morning trying to find out when my freight was gonna get here he told me that was the reason it was late,I reminded him back in the WSKT days we used to have a tire guy single out the tires on our surplus dollies and we'd put two or three of them on a pup and send them to PAR he said he'd think about it,I told him we got a bunch of 841 type dollies we'd be happy to send his way (hey!beggars can't be choosers!!)he said good bye,when I talked to a friend at TOP he also got into the OD volunteer spirit and offered to send their excess 841 gears to PAR.....

Denver had that problem awhile back, Had to retrieve dollys that went 1 way due to weather. Now stock gets low, yet doesn't run out. SLC and some others getting short. Usually red tag number is up at a lot of these locations.