TForce | Wheres the freight.

When I worked at Consolidated Freightways in 86'.

I remembered they used hand held pricing devices,like the ones they use in the discount stores.
Insted of pricing stickers,the pro. number was dialed in on orange tape,than by touching the packages that were broke down off skids that wouldn't fit on the trailer.

Each package,or box would have the pro.number stuck on it with little pieces of orange glow tape.

Ever once in a while I used to see these small stick on pro.number lables on Overnites freight,but come to think of it its been a long time since I've seen anymore.

I thought that was a good way of keeping track of unlabled boxes from skids that had to be broken down.

It didn't take much to hit every box with this device.

You'd think every trucking company thats breaking down their skids would have something like this?

Sometimes its the simple things that are overlooked in the freight game.

It looks like a real cheap device,but it could save hunderds of dollars on lost freight claims.

But what do I know I'm just an old freight hauler.

Sorry about the double post.

I tryed to correct the spelling on the post,by editing,and somehow wound up posting the same post twice?

You think after playing on each of three home desk top computers over 10 years, I'd have some teeny tiny idea of how they'er supposed to work?

Guess it just goes to show me that the older I get, the harder it is for me to learn new stuff.
But again,a thousand pardons for the same post twice.