TForce | Where's the frieght

Dreemer said:
What happened to the freight bump we were supposed to see? :hide: slow in the west
It's slow in the north east too, it have been slow all year around,what happened with the "wait for march and it will pick up, it happens every year!!" well april went by and nothing. then it was may because ups was gonna have so much freight!!!! so now they say we are going to get new trucks and more drivers, I personally don't care about new trucks and it would be nice if they have work for the drivers they have now before they start running their mouths. At my terminal it's just as bad as it was at the beggining of the year.

ltl driver said:
It's slow in the north east too, it have been slow all year around,what happened with the "wait for march and it will pick up, it happens every year!!" well april went by and nothing. then it was may because ups was gonna have so much freight!!!! so now they say we are going to get new trucks and more drivers, I personally don't care about new trucks and it would be nice if they have work for the drivers they have now before they start running their mouths. At my terminal it's just as bad as it was at the beggining of the year.
Our extra board is starving, us senior drivers with bid runs give up runs now and then to keep them on. I have also been running empty's more. I hope it picks up, for the extra boards sake.

Dreemer said:
What happened to the freight bump we were supposed to see? :hide: slow in the west

Kind of wondering if its not customers waiting to see if UPS can make a smoother transition than FedEx did. Not saying that FedEx did a bad job just had alot of bugs to work out and customers paid a bit of price for that. I have been staying real steady with 2 trailers every night.....So I think it is there just going to take some putting that proof in the pudding.

It's slow for everyone (ltl's) we (FXF) are also slower this year than the past 3 or so, the ecomomy is in the toilet, hopefully it breaks soon.

FXF actually took their time getting things in place before going after more freight, they knew they didn't have the capacity for it, slow and steady growth is best, you guys will get there.

FM

Watch out the big dogs are coming
0c3e06b0.jpg

greezy trucker said:
Kind of wondering if its not customers waiting to see if UPS can make a smoother transition than FedEx did. Not saying that FedEx did a bad job just had alot of bugs to work out and customers paid a bit of price for that. I have been staying real steady with 2 trailers every night.....So I think it is there just going to take some putting that proof in the pudding.
Yes, we are seeing the big influx of freight just like we are still waiting to see all the perks and bennies. What a joke!!!!

Familyman said:
It's slow for everyone (ltl's) we (FXF) are also slower this year than the past 3 or so, the ecomomy is in the toilet, hopefully it breaks soon.

FXF actually took their time getting things in place before going after more freight, they knew they didn't have the capacity for it, slow and steady growth is best, you guys will get there.

FM

You work for west or east? I run with a few old Viking guys and they went from turning and burning to sitting for 4 or 5 hours in Denver. I realize though that the Denver terminal and a few others had extra hoops to jump thru. Being a place where they had to combined systems and employees.

i think this is a joke,,managment just made 20 part timers , full timers,, now we ahh have no work so they send us top pay full timers home after 6 hrs of work and keep part timers and new low paying full timers should this be done by seniority?? or to save money they keep the low paying full timers and part timers working 8 hrs and send us home??? that seem fair???

If you were teamsters it would be done by senority. You would even have the choice of going home early or staying more hours and sending the less senior people home. UPS will always send the higher paid employees home. Just get used to that. Wait until they flood your docks with part timers making $8 dollars an hour and send the full timers home. You O guys are going to get a real wake up call with the mangement style of UPS.

mud-flap said:
i think this is a joke,,managment just made 20 part timers , full timers,, now we ahh have no work so they send us top pay full timers home after 6 hrs of work and keep part timers and new low paying full timers should this be done by seniority?? or to save money they keep the low paying full timers and part timers working 8 hrs and send us home??? that seem fair???
Listen just go to the union hall get some cards and sign them get everybody signed up than they will see u mean business:duh:

mud-flap said:
Do you think if you were union this would change ask a upser they have plenty of part timers to take the hours away.

Johnnybegood said:
Do you think if you were union this would change ask a upser they have plenty of part timers to take the hours away.
There are no part timers in unionized LTL that I know of. The only thing that comes close are casual workers. And the senior man still has the right to accept or decline extra work.

Animo916 said:
There are no part timers in unionized LTL that I know of. The only thing that comes close are casual workers. And the senior man still has the right to accept or decline extra work.
:nutkick: casuals are guareented eight hours and the company has to pay the bennies on them:tribehasspoken: ...CRAZY

mud-flap said:
UPS will convert all your dock positions into PT

johnnybegood said:
Do you think if you were union this would change ask a upser they have plenty of part timers to take the hours away
We have inside FT and PT jobs. The PTers dont "take"s hours away from FTers. And we have gotten langage in the last two contacts to decrease the # of PTers by combining those jobs for FT positions. Yall will not be givin' that option