Estes | which trucks?

Funny thing with this topic right here. I'm wondering how many of you guys are driving some of our finest equipment out there. When sitting in a stone lot at the top of the yard here at good ole 024 where we have some brand new trucks just sitting. We got a bunch of them over last year, some have been sitting up there for 16 months supposedly. Here's the real joke, half of them won't even start anymore. The field mice have gotten up inside and chewed up a lot of the wires and crap, and all sorts of other reasons. I have to thank fleet management for going out and buy all those trucks that are pretty much useless now. Just curious, does Rob E own Richmond International truck sales? If so what a scam that is, buy trucks for your company through your own dealership.

I was told that the dealership was owned by Rob. I don't see it as a scam but as smart bussiness. As for the new trucks I have a few friends in the truck sales field and everyone was buying all the trucks they could get ahold of before the 2007 model year because of the new EPA regulations. New emission restrictions raised the base prices over $10000 due to new catalyst exhaust systems. I wonder if these trucks are registered to estes or are still owned by the dealership and just being stored at estes facilities until they are purchased by estes. I've been told that there are tractors at columbus and lexington also,just setting there.

I was told that the dealership was owned by Rob. I don't see it as a scam but as smart bussiness. As for the new trucks I have a few friends in the truck sales field and everyone was buying all the trucks they could get ahold of before the 2007 model year because of the new EPA regulations. New emission restrictions raised the base prices over $10000 due to new catalyst exhaust systems. I wonder if these trucks are registered to estes or are still owned by the dealership and just being stored at estes facilities until they are purchased by estes. I've been told that there are tractors at columbus and lexington also,just setting there.

That's one thing that I had also thought about..the emissions things on the trucks and that if they bought them before a certain year they didn't have to qualify. I was just curious about the dealer thing too. I hear all sorts of stuff, I was just wondering if anyone had any info

That's one thing that I had also thought about..the emissions things on the trucks and that if they bought them before a certain year they didn't have to qualify. I was just curious about the dealer thing too. I hear all sorts of stuff, I was just wondering if anyone had any info

who cares:hide::holysheep: :puke: :woohoo1:

ha ha you said climb hills:hysterical: not in an estes truck my friend:biglaugh: :smilie_132:

Seems you guys back east aren't near as inportant as the west. The sterlings and macks all have well over 400 hp. Climb the hills very well, I might add. For those of you who thought I would never post anything positive about the company. Elvis out....