FedEx Freight | Whinnin' 'bout The Same Old Stuff..hahahaha

Smokestack said:
Ok so I read all of these posts so far and here they are in a nut shell . Same old business (moving freight , trucks , shops , CCM's , Super's , drivers , dock workers .) This is what we do , this is our life that we choose , if we come here to **** and moan , talk about life's daily issues have some fun and vent a little then we do . If whoever does not like what they see or hear there are plenty of other things on the WWW for you to look at . I like it here and like to hear what my brothers and sisters have to say about what we do , GOOD or BAD . I read everything you guys post and I mean everything! Sometimes I roll my eyes in disgust and sometimes I laugh , sometimes I PM you to try to help you . This is a great place and so are the people we work for and with . There is nothing wrong with a little pissing and moaning, get over it have some fun .:smilies-19296:

Smokestack :nutkick: FXF MOD

Smoke, not trying to get personal here, but you might want to update your vision script..... damm dude, you're hurtin' my head.

Peace

AMEN pinball

this is what these boards are all about. i have always said go make your $70000+ elsewhere . where u are treated exactly how u wanna be(if u can find it). Or go buy the big w900 kw and be happy. i think fedex as a corperation does what they can to appease the masses. sometimes u just happen to fall outside the masses. when this happens, suck it up or do something about it. dont just whine. i personally am tired of the whiners. it always seems like there are lots of them but its not that there are alot but the few are loud and mostly obnoxious

Good Post!

TwoLane said:
I've always found that the ones who claim that the company doesn't care about them, are the ones that care less and work less than anybody else. They want everything handed to them. Last I knew, we all came to the company for a job, they didn't magically call us up and beg us to come work here. Those who are unhappy are free to leave anytime. Why isn't they don't? I'm sure we all know guys here who would complain, even if they got to drag empties around, in perfect weather, during the day, with no traffic, with Fred S. himself sitting in the passenger seat holding the spit bottle, and telling him he's the best darn driver at FedEx Freight. I believe comedian George C----- said it best. 20% of the population is stupid, how is the unemployment rate 5%. The fact is some people are miserable for whatever reason, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!!

Know the difference between a TRUCK DRIVER and a puppy................a puppy quits WHINING (1 N ) after 6 weeks

99 percent of the time the whiners change their tune when they start to make the big bucks. There are exceptions so if the company spared the ot a little more the groups outlook would turn to a purr instead of a whine.

gman said:
99 percent of the time the whiners change their tune when they start to make the big bucks. There are exceptions so if the company spared the ot a little more the groups outlook would turn to a purr instead of a whine.

I think you are absolutely right there the city guys would purr a little more

yea right dude, tell the man the truth

Name calling, rulze violation

Jeff said:
If you worked 55-60 hours every week at time and a half pay like most road drivers have to do then you would be in the ballpark to the road drivers.

you don't make less, you just work less hours.

At .52 cent a mile you make 33.80 an hour if you drive 65 miles an hour, if he is only making city drivers wage 20.10 then you make MORE THAN HIS over time and a half from the time you start work compared to his straight time til he hits his 8. So stop lieing to people. lien, cryin, over paid, big baby road drivers. bunch of sissys, "I can't work the dock I may break a nail". :Bondage:"That's My Truck, you can't use it" Well I did and I farted in the seat as hard as I could! :P

Mr Fantasy said:
At .52 cent a mile you make 33.80 an hour if you drive 65 miles an hour, if he is only making city drivers wage 20.10 then you make MORE THAN HIS over time and a half from the time you start work compared to his straight time til he hits his 8. So stop lieing to people. lien, cryin, over paid, big baby road drivers. bunch of sissys, "I can't work the dock I may break a nail". :Bondage:"That's My Truck, you can't use it" Well I did and I farted in the seat as hard as I could! :P
1st off you need to read the rules of the forums.

2nd 65mph is what the truck is governed at, you can't average 65 when that is the top speed especially if you are running through 55 and 60 mph states, so when you factor in speed limits, stop signs and light adverse weather condition construction accidents etc you'll be lucky to average 60 mph, at .5313 = 31.878

You better hope you have a long run or else you'll only be making that 31.87 for around 2 hrs then the rest is 20.52 on the dock, there are lots of shuttle runs, you'll never see time and a half so those few hrs of drive time IS your OT.

You'll be working nights for sometime to come, I've been out on the road for 3 years so far, and yes I have moved up rather fast, this is not the norm, I just "got lucky" and got out at the right time, most of the guys ahead of me worked a shuttle of 142 mi one way which inc 2-4 hrs dock a night then back home and they did that for 2-3 years before being able to get a little longer run.

Even though I have moved up rather quickly compared to the norm, I still have at least 5-8 yrs before I even possibly get a chance at a day run.

I "log" around 60 hrs a week and gross around 15**.00

A little simple math will tell you if you do 60 hrs at 20.52 with time and a half after 40 your gross would be 1436.40

WOW! I make a whole hundred bucks more than you for running at night and losing most of my weekends to sleep.

So come on out, I'm sure they have a sign up sheet posted where your at then you can cry along side of us;):biglaugh:

Oh and by the way, welcome to the boards!

FM

Familyman said:
I "log" around 60 hrs a week and gross around 15**.00
A little simple math will tell you if you do 60 hrs at 20.52 with time and a half after 40 your gross would be 1436.40
WOW! I make a whole hundred bucks more than you for running at night and losing most of my weekends to sleep.
So come on out, I'm sure they have a sign up sheet posted where your at then you can cry along side of us;):biglaugh:
FM
Ya but FM how many city guys ACTUALLY log 60 hrs in a week on a consistent basis. Not very many. And if a guy works an extra day like Saturday he probably still makes less than most linedriver's do in 5 days compared to 6 days. It's easier for a company to bring in new city driver's or train dock guys to be driver's and then cut hours than it is to say cut a linedriver's miles. As far as whining goes there is a cry baby driver in EVERY company no matter what they are paid or what they do!

FamilyMan did you claim to bring home 1300.00 a week? No I don't think you did so I guess I wasn't referring to you. And just so the rest of you know when you are really donating to the "Uncle Sam Cause" (this should make you happy), New Tax Table for 2006 shows:

Single person (including head of the household) those that gross 606.00-1341.00 pay 76.40 plus 25% of anything over 606.00 and 1341.00-2922.00 pay 260.15 plus 28% of anything over 1341.00 :duh:

For Married people its a little different 435.00-1273.00 pay 28.10 plus 15% of anything over 435.00 and 1273.00-2322 pay 153.80 plus 25% of anything over 1273.00.

So keep puttin in those long hour, Hurricane Season and the War in Iraq are upon us :D, not to mench lining ole GWB's pockets hee hee hee :Bondage: God I love this Country of ours!:bsanta:

jawn113 said:
Ya but FM how many city guys ACTUALLY log 60 hrs in a week on a consistent basis. Not very many. And if a guy works an extra day like Saturday he probably still makes less than most linedriver's do in 5 days compared to 6 days. It's easier for a company to bring in new city driver's or train dock guys to be driver's and then cut hours than it is to say cut a linedriver's miles. As far as whining goes there is a cry baby driver in EVERY company no matter what they are paid or what they do!
I realize they won't let the city guys get 60 hrs, but the point was that if you did work 60 like most road then you would earn just about as much.

FM

The real bean counters know how to keep about half of the drivers satisfied. The jist is that both road and city, each have their own unique difficulties. Starting at 800+ vs 1200+ the formula speaks for itself. You never hear this topic about the boys on top.

70% of the road guys in our barn run 392 miles on shuttle runs to the hub. Most chose not to work the dock. The first guys out start around 1900, and is back at the terminal, dropped out and on his way home by 0430.

I think the road guys want us to think that all of you are working 60 hours per week, but in our barn, 90% of our road drivers do not. The ones that do have runs near 500 miles, and there are some that only get 200 miles each night, plus some dock time, but most in our barn have it pretty good.

There is not one city driver doing 60 hrs. in the city in my house , it never happens.

We have at least two in our barn that average 60+ hours per week. And I was talking to several dock workers in DAL last night who were well over 60 for the week.

:moped:

Ya know what ...........
I'll take my 40 - 45 hrs. see my girls , have some fun after work.
Enjoy my life , you can work the road or work 60 in the city .
Money does not make you a happy person.
I want to live my life not be a slave to it.
Smokestack / :nutkick:

skippy said:
70% of the road guys in our barn run 392 miles on shuttle runs to the hub. Most chose not to work the dock. The first guys out start around 1900, and is back at the terminal, dropped out and on his way home by 0430.

I think the road guys want us to think that all of you are working 60 hours per week, but in our barn, 90% of our road drivers do not. The ones that do have runs near 500 miles, and there are some that only get 200 miles each night, plus some dock time, but most in our barn have it pretty good.

If they are only running 392 total miles for the night then they are required to work the dock, anything under 400 miles is mandatory dock.

That being said, if they are not forcing them to the dock and letting them turn, that's on them. They would average around 6.5 hrs drive time alone plus drops hooks and fuel, done properly your looking at 8 3/4 hrs, if they do "power hooks" then maybe 7 3/4 - 8 hrs.

1041.34 mileage pay for the week plus 230.85 for drops hooks and fuel, providing they show a lunch break at their turn point and not just a drop /hook, which would mean they would have to stay there at least 1 full hour showing a drop/ lunch / hook to be paid for a full hr rather than a 1/2 hr for just a drop/hook.
Total 1272.19 for the week 7 pm - 4:30 is 9 1/2 hrs x 5 is 47.5 hrs which is 26.78 hr average. If they do power hooks and really push it then they may do it in as little as 40 hrs a week and average 31.8 hr. BUT that will eventually catch up to you, as they say haste makes waste........ Sounds as though they are doing proper pre and post trips as they are taking 9 1/2 hrs to complete their day.

On a side note, I spent 45 mins waiting for a light to be fixed on a trlr last night, so most times it works out, but there are times when you give hrs back and that brings your average down.

FM

FM